Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12164 12165 [12166] 12167 12168 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808737 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #182475 on: July 31, 2017, 06:52:28 pm »

I got cheap shirts and sunglasses. I think we were supposed to be shopping for chairs or something expensive...

And the habitat for humanity sold us a waterheater we converted to use propane for $50. We now have running hot water in the house.
The lines are still stuck to the frame posts with little clamps, but whatever, it works and nothing leaks.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #182476 on: July 31, 2017, 07:08:19 pm »

Uhh, I hope this doesn't become like with the Starbound debacle. i.e. "If you haven't uninstalled your Skyrim yet you're part of the problem"
What's the Starbound debacle?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182477 on: July 31, 2017, 07:36:21 pm »

The only other major points in the Starbound thing were the devs actively trolling people (horsetits) and the venomous attitude of the people on both sides of the debate.  What we saw here was nothing compared to what happened on Chucklefish's own forums.

Edit: I thought that the 1.0 release was underwhelming, but they have made the game more playable since (I REALLY like the mech and space exploration updates), and the modding community seems to be pretty solid.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 07:39:03 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182478 on: July 31, 2017, 08:01:07 pm »

Pretty sure my last thrift/op-shopping trip was the time I found a Deströyer 666 tour shirt, the sweet black jeans I'm currently wearing and two books - one of John Donne's poetry and Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence.

Considering I went in there to buy a bed (which I didn't end up getting, beds there were ludicrously expensive), it was an interesting haul.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182479 on: July 31, 2017, 10:41:54 pm »

Apologetic double-post: by the gods, I somehow made it onto a plane despite everything.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #182480 on: August 01, 2017, 02:00:47 am »

Someone made a fanart of my cat person, Shig, and it's SUPER EFFING CUTE.

Spoiler: His version of Shig. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: My version of Shig. (click to show/hide)

They made a journal post on their DA asking for requests and I threw down a quick comment not really expecting anything from it, but they totally did it! This has never happened to me before and it's one of the best feelings ever to be blindsided by fan art. I was sitting at work hopping up and down in my seat trying to contain my excitement. It's been a while since I've been this viscerally happy and I love it. :>

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #182481 on: August 01, 2017, 03:24:24 am »

That's a nice picture.

Makes me think, though. Why do catgirls have their ears on the top of their heads? Are they functional or his decorative? Do they have human ears too where their ears should be? Maybe just seal-like ear holes? Do the cat ears not push the head band down?
Love, scriver~

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182482 on: August 01, 2017, 08:23:07 am »

They made a journal post on their DA asking for requests and I threw down a quick comment not really expecting anything from it, but they totally did it! This has never happened to me before and it's one of the best feelings ever to be blindsided by fan art. I was sitting at work hopping up and down in my seat trying to contain my excitement. It's been a while since I've been this viscerally happy and I love it. :>
Love hearing happies c: especially from friends.So that means literally everyone here

That's a nice picture.

Makes me think, though. Why do catgirls have their ears on the top of their heads? Are they functional or his decorative? Do they have human ears too where their ears should be? Maybe just seal-like ear holes? Do the cat ears not push the head band down?
It's not necessarily on top--it's creative (at least IMO :P) to note how the anatomy moves to similarity for form and function, so the positioning isn't to make it asymmetrical with other accessories.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182483 on: August 01, 2017, 08:26:23 am »

The ears are just made of hair, obviously. They do provide better (than human) hearing, but if you really wanted to you could shave it off and use the normal ears.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #182484 on: August 01, 2017, 08:55:50 am »

That's a nice picture.

The catgirl character I have have both set of ears, but she keep her human ears hidden behind her hair because they just look weird.

I mean, they have cat ears to have better hearing anyways, would make sense for them to have two set of ears for EXTRA HEARING.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182485 on: August 01, 2017, 09:05:17 am »

You will notice that whenever you see a character with cat ears, their normal ears are hidden behind their hair. Because it looks wierd to have four ears AND it looks weird to have blank spots where humans usually have ears. Really catgirls are kinda creepy either way, but the hair trick gives you the luxury of not thinking too hard about it. :V

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182486 on: August 01, 2017, 09:10:31 am »

There's also the occasional catgirl character with cat ears where the human ears would normally be. those make the most sense.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182487 on: August 01, 2017, 09:14:24 am »

cream soda.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182488 on: August 01, 2017, 09:41:57 am »

There's also the occasional catgirl character with cat ears where the human ears would normally be. those make the most sense.
Could you give an example of that? I'm not sure I've seen it before. I'd think that would make them look more like some kind of elf or something than like a cat. Horizontal pointy ears are a different aesthetic than vertical pointy ears.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #182489 on: August 01, 2017, 09:44:34 am »

Also I just remembered a super old anime image of a neko boy who also has human ears, and it doesn't look too weird.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, his cat ears sort of look nonfunctional.

EDIT: here's another one i found

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:48:23 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 12164 12165 [12166] 12167 12168 ... 13326