Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12161 12162 [12163] 12164 12165 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15810704 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #182430 on: July 30, 2017, 01:46:29 am »

I'd forgotten how good Wolfenstein: The New Order is.

Just. So. Damn. Good.

I would like to buy it, but it's published by Bethesda, so I'm not gonna buy it, unfortunately...
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182431 on: July 30, 2017, 02:13:05 am »

My punk housemates are away. Time for death metal! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182432 on: July 30, 2017, 04:57:07 am »

By the sounds of it, The Emoji Movie is being torn apart by critics. It's sitting at 6% on Rotten Tomatoes, 1.4 on IMDB, and 9% on Metacritic right now.

I have yet to see it (and will probably find a way to watch it that doesn't directly profit the people who made the film,) but apparently DropBox is a plot point and a high-schooler unironically utters the line "Play it cool, just send her an emoji."
I'm pretty sure this movie only sold any tickets due to giggling jacksfilms fans who went to watch it ironically. Which is more than it deserved.

Saw the Six-String Samurai yesterday. Bloody hell it's 70% cool shots 30% one-liners 100% campy ridiculousness. I honestly can't remember enjoying a movie this much in a long while.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #182433 on: July 30, 2017, 05:10:18 am »

Had an absolutely fantastic d&d session, intraparty love triangle  (but not really) and bardic faux pas of epic proportions.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #182435 on: July 30, 2017, 08:33:50 am »

The only reason I can see to watch the emoji movie is if you want to really mess with market analysts.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182436 on: July 30, 2017, 08:57:00 am »

Why would you want to do that? They'd just make more movies of the same caliber if they believe that's what people want.

Avoid the shit movies, support the good or interesting ones. That's the only real way to get some actual creativity out of the movie industry.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #182437 on: July 30, 2017, 09:01:11 am »

Why would you want to do that? They'd just make more movies of the same caliber if they believe that's what people want.

Avoid the shit movies, support the good or interesting ones. That's the only real way to get some actual creativity out of the movie industry.

Like valerian, go watch it, I saw it a few days ago and it was great
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #182438 on: July 30, 2017, 09:50:44 am »

Just. So. Damn. Good.

I would like to buy it, but it's published by Bethesda, so I'm not gonna buy it, unfortunately...

Err... What?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182439 on: July 30, 2017, 09:57:38 am »

Err... What?

I mean, the game looks like a really good shooter, but it's published by Bethesda, which I boycott. Which means I can't buy the game without violating my code of honor.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #182440 on: July 30, 2017, 10:02:51 am »

Just. So. Damn. Good.

Does pirating it remain an option?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182441 on: July 30, 2017, 10:08:36 am »

Err... What?

I mean, the game looks like a really good shooter, but it's published by Bethesda, which I boycott. Which means I can't buy the game without violating my code of honor.

Yeah, I got the Bethesda hate, I'm just not sure why. They're no paragons, but they're just a company like any other.

I mean, they're rather famous for the 'Did you mention our IP? I think you mentioned my IP. LAWYERS!' debacle with Scrolls and... the other one I've forgotten. Still, both incidents are justified in the larger shitstorm of copyright law.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182442 on: July 30, 2017, 10:17:14 am »

We're going to talk about piracy here, mmkay? Nobody wants to get banned.

@ Draignean

Quite simple, really. If you buy Electronic Arts game, you'll basically support the biggest shit-maker in the industry, even if the game is a masterpiece. Same with Bethesda; if I buy W:TNO, I'll basically support Creation Microtransaction Club and half-assed RPGs. Bethesda will get a much bigger amount of money than a developer under its rotten corporate asshole.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182443 on: July 30, 2017, 10:57:09 am »

We're going to talk about piracy here, mmkay? Nobody wants to get banned.

@ Draignean

Quite simple, really. If you buy Electronic Arts game, you'll basically support the biggest shit-maker in the industry, even if the game is a masterpiece. Same with Bethesda; if I buy W:TNO, I'll basically support Creation Microtransaction Club and half-assed RPGs. Bethesda will get a much bigger amount of money than a developer under its rotten corporate asshole.

Uh. Okay. I understand the EA one, but your Bethesda complaint makes no sense to me, largely due to the lack of substance. Still, best of luck to you.
---

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182444 on: July 30, 2017, 11:04:55 am »

I don't remember Bethesda doing much in the way of micro-transactions, but okay.

Like valerian, go watch it, I saw it a few days ago and it was great
That's actually one of the few movies out lately that I want to see.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12161 12162 [12163] 12164 12165 ... 13326