Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12159 12160 [12161] 12162 12163 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15812935 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #182400 on: July 28, 2017, 11:34:20 am »

I'm going to be attending my first non-family party tomorrow, second one I've ever been invited too :D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #182401 on: July 28, 2017, 11:41:11 am »

Went in for an interview at that firm, feel like it went very well. It actually cleared up a lot of my doubts and clarified some points I was interested in. If they call back I'm probably going to accept, it's basically a superfecta of constructive corporate mindset, ethically acceptable work, decent location, and solid benefits.

I seem to remember him being pretty much always evil after serving Morgoth, though.  The Second Age was all about Numenor, and I remember Tolkien's writing being pretty clear on Sauron's intentions from the beginning to gain the Numenorean's trust and turn them against the Valar.  It was just a very long game.  He had to put on quite an act in the beginning.
The way I parsed that was that he was still kinda fucky about wanting control, but that it didn't start out as actively malicious evil so much as fell back into that. Sort of like how someone can be a puppeteer who works to secretly control interactions without necessarily intending to push them into killing each other.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #182402 on: July 28, 2017, 01:52:14 pm »

It's surprisingly fun to just run around in payday2 in a lower difficulty level headshotting enemies with a shotgun at point blank range and watching them ragdoll off into the distance.

I gotta agree.

Even if Bag Throwing Simulator isn't as fun without any friends to play with, it is still plenty fun.

There's also the appeal of opening safety deposit boxes and stealing literally everything  :D

What's your Steam ID? Maybe we should heist together sometime...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #182403 on: July 28, 2017, 04:44:15 pm »

Yarr... I did come across the obsession with order thing while quickly googling to check the accuracy of my thoughts.  Left that out, because I couldn't remember that aspect specifically from my readings, but it's been like 8 years or something since I read the Silmarillion.  But it does make a lot of sense, what with Tolkien modeling his writing after classic mythology, and all his divine beings representing some fundamental concept.  Sauron being an avatar of order that's been corrupted by the source of all evil is fitting.

I seem to remember him being pretty much always evil after serving Morgoth, though.  The Second Age was all about Numenor, and I remember Tolkien's writing being pretty clear on Sauron's intentions from the beginning to gain the Numenorean's trust and turn them against the Valar.  It was just a very long game.  He had to put on quite an act in the beginning.
If Sauron truly is an avatar of order he probably wouldn't want orcs to rule the world as his final plan.  Orcs fundamentally don't know what the next day is going to be like.  Go out drinking with the boys?  Kill and eat the boys?  Who knows!  That seems like chaos to me.  He probably would have turned on them eventually and rebuilt his army using some kind of being that is more predictable.  Maybe humans.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182404 on: July 28, 2017, 05:53:37 pm »

Working large amounts of overtime is proving a lot easier than I originally feared. I may very well be able to keep this up consistantly, which'll make travelling vastly easier
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #182405 on: July 28, 2017, 06:19:22 pm »

Orcs fundamentally don't know what the next day is going to be like.  Crack a cold one with the boys?  Kill and crack open a cold boy?  Who knows!

FTFY

I know that was probably predictable but I just had to...

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182406 on: July 28, 2017, 06:53:22 pm »

I approve of that modification xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182407 on: July 28, 2017, 07:09:08 pm »

Orcs fundamentally don't know what the next day is going to be like.  Crack a cold one with the boys?  Kill and crack open a cold boy?  Who knows!
If some Nazgul arrives and accompanies you in attacking some orcs you know, you could even conceivably be cracking open a boy with the Cold Ones.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182408 on: July 28, 2017, 08:47:15 pm »

a while ago I saw a point someone made. If Frodo getting stabbed means he was going to turn into a ringwraith... That'd be a VERY SMALL wraith.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #182409 on: July 28, 2017, 09:28:05 pm »

a while ago I saw a point someone made. If Frodo getting stabbed means he was going to turn into a ringwraith... That'd be a VERY SMALL wraith.
I'm gonna boil your soul, mash your bones and stick you in a stew

rawr

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182410 on: July 28, 2017, 09:34:29 pm »

the hobbitwraith

the most badass of foes
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182411 on: July 28, 2017, 09:43:29 pm »

Ringwraith? Mo' like runtwraith.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182412 on: July 28, 2017, 09:48:01 pm »

Ringwraith? Mo' like runtwraith.
I sincerely hope you get covered in pitch and dropkicked into the olympic torch
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #182413 on: July 28, 2017, 10:39:30 pm »

Is that like the Greek Human Torch?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182414 on: July 28, 2017, 11:06:50 pm »

This. Is. THE SHIRE!
Pages: 1 ... 12159 12160 [12161] 12162 12163 ... 13326