Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12144 12145 [12146] 12147 12148 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15833435 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #182175 on: July 09, 2017, 04:26:46 am »

Bikes are just robot horses anyways.
Motorcycles, that is.  Bicycles have soul, love, and emotion.
(It somewhat bothers me that "bike" can mean either, in English, they're so different)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182176 on: July 09, 2017, 05:37:10 am »

(It somewhat bothers me that "bike" can mean either, in English, they're so different)
I thought motorcycles are like horses, strong and reliable, while bicycles are like mules. Gotta keep spurring them or they won't move an inch.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #182178 on: July 09, 2017, 11:58:13 am »

I thought motorcycles are like horses, strong and reliable, while bicycles are like mules. Gotta keep spurring them or they won't move an inch.

Bicycles are acoustic motorcycles
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #182179 on: July 09, 2017, 05:15:17 pm »

Slime rancher is fun.

It's a cute game about selling poop and keeping the Flood away from your poop paddies.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #182180 on: July 09, 2017, 06:13:36 pm »

Commentary on a twenty year old Doom II deathmatch. Cool stuff, I'd like to see more of this with old demo files.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182181 on: July 10, 2017, 01:25:30 am »

Commentary on a twenty year old Doom II deathmatch. Cool stuff, I'd like to see more of this with old demo files.

That was unexpectedly interesting.

I sometimes wonder how well preserved and understood internet culture, especially early internet culture, will be compared to cultural groups of other time periods.  There's something incredibly unique about it, but I'm afraid a lot of it will just die with the people.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182182 on: July 10, 2017, 01:42:27 am »

Hah, that took me right back to my highschool days. You don't want to know how many hours of school we skipped because of Doom II eternal LAN parties.
I used to be quite proficient with deu2.exe too.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182183 on: July 10, 2017, 10:02:28 pm »

Slime rancher is fun.

It's a cute game about selling poop and keeping the Flood away from your poop paddies.
yeah, I like it. I wish it had some multiplayer so I could play with my guy. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182184 on: July 10, 2017, 11:00:13 pm »

I've been depressed lately, but hanging out with friends cheered me up.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:50:10 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182185 on: July 10, 2017, 11:24:04 pm »

That was unexpectedly interesting.

I sometimes wonder how well preserved and understood internet culture, especially early internet culture, will be compared to cultural groups of other time periods.  There's something incredibly unique about it, but I'm afraid a lot of it will just die with the people.

A lot of it's already gone, I'm sure. I can only wonder how many MUDs are totally gone and the stories they generated locked away as dusty memories, or what the heyday of Everquest looks like, or what (and who!) went on with BBS. Culture generations rising and cresting, different every decade. Kinda spooky if you ask me.

I'm glad we have services like archive.org, but there's so much culture I'm sure we've already lost. User-made content, personal stories, board posts, dramas. Are we doing enough?

Edit: gonna make me a pi-hole, yiss. can't stream videos on firefox android but it has the adblockers, can stream on chrome but no blockers, don't want to use weirdo dolphin browser. raspberry pi's gon bust 'em up.

I know it's a little off-topic, but you lads have any suggestions for fun Pi projects? Pihole, Mumble, and Kodi ought to get me running, but I'm ears to other uses.

Could always make a cute little RetroPie or Piecade machine.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #182186 on: July 11, 2017, 01:00:58 am »

After two days of fuckery, I managed to almost completely copy a Morrowind save over to a new install.

That was the most nitpicky and redundant thing I've done ever.

And it feels so good to be done.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182187 on: July 11, 2017, 02:26:53 am »

Decided to brush the dust off of Civ4 Fall from Heaven 2. Started a Calabim civilization, vampire time.
Turn 2, scout explores ruins.

What do I get? A savant!!! I think this is the first game I ever saw to have Ashen Veil founded on turn 3.

EDIT: within the first 50 turns (epic game speed, large map), I also found 3 great sages, a great bard, an adventurer, a thane of Kilmorph, a zealot, and an ecclesiastic in ruins. The RNG this game really likes ruin captives. I should really quit playing this game, I can't lose anymore. My 3 giants from Pact of Nilhorn levelled up far enough to become vampires. OP as hell.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:33:37 am by martinuzz »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #182188 on: July 11, 2017, 02:47:09 am »

Decided to brush the dust off of Civ4 Fall from Heaven 2. Started a Calabim civilization, vampire time.
Turn 2, scout explores ruins.

What do I get? A savant!!! I think this is the first game I ever saw to have Ashen Veil founded on turn 3.

EDIT: within the first 50 turns (epic game speed, large map), I also found 3 great sages, a great bard, an adventurer, a thane of Kilmorph, a zealot, and an ecclesiastic in ruins. The RNG this game really likes ruin captives. I should really quit playing this game, I can't lose anymore. My 3 giants from Pact of Nilhorn levelled up far enough to become vampires. OP as hell.

Epic game speed? You're more hardcore than I am.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182189 on: July 11, 2017, 04:17:21 am »

I tried marathon once. Well, not with FFH2, that was with Caveman to Cosmos. Never again. I think I spent a whole RL week in prehistoric age, capturing mammoths. Epic speed is quite okay though, especially on larger maps.
In FFH2, it makes the game slightly more magic oriented, for you will have more time to let those adepts and priests level up.

Pages: 1 ... 12144 12145 [12146] 12147 12148 ... 13326