Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12127 12128 [12129] 12130 12131 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15837581 times)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #181920 on: June 15, 2017, 01:57:18 pm »

Don't be surprised if that doesn't work forever, an old cat of mine once stole a frozen chicken leg despite being half blind, failing sense of smell and failing memory. How she even found it was surprising.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #181921 on: June 15, 2017, 02:39:10 pm »

Got highest band marks in both my exams, whoot whoot.

Of course, this is somewhat offset by the disastrous marks I received as a result of my time in Denmark, but meh.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #181922 on: June 15, 2017, 09:21:59 pm »

Saw an eagle fishing earlier, was kinda cool. It presumably caught something 'cause it hit the water then buggered off somewhere.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181923 on: June 15, 2017, 10:39:30 pm »

Haha, i fixed something on the internet. None of the lyrics for the Stray Cats song Built for Speed actually made sense (there was this one line nobody could fucking work out), but i went and listened to every live version and eventually worked out WTF he's singing in a way that makes sense. Now i get the fun of uploading the corrected version around the place.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #181924 on: June 16, 2017, 02:44:55 am »

My father managed to do something helpful for once (in the pursuit of money, of course, but that's to be expected). I had a job I did for a few weeks last summer, and I never got paid. Fast forward to the last few weeks, I start making inquiries and discover to my immense unhappiness that they said I never showed up; came in for the unpaid training and never returned. I went in person to ask about it, and all I got was "We have no payment records of you working." Negotiating a bit, I get a few hundred in movie tickets.

Enter my father. Everyone at the company said "You didn't work for us, We have no records." The man somehow hunted through the bureaucracy for the one guy who would follow up that sentence with "Do you have any proof that your son worked there?" The guy my father found makes a call, finds everyone there still remembers me, and suddenly "We have no records, you never showed up." becomes "We have no records, I'll go find out what where they went and get you your money." I ask my father how he does it, he just says "Confidence."

And that medical research thing I volunteered for two weeks ago gave me sixty dollars today for my troubles, so even if they decide for whatever reason to not call me back I'll at least be sixty dollars richer. On a directly related note, I finally have my meds again, so I feel sane and can actually work on things. On an even more closely-related-to-the-previous note, I'll finally finish this last essay and get my incomplete handed in today; it will be a few hours late, and it will be much less than it could be given more time, but it'll be done! (Note the time where I live when this was posted - This is my break). Finally I will be able to remember what it is like to not have work hanging over me during the summer. And I have another appointment with my psychiatrist today.

So many crises finally over. It feels like a Christmas freaking miracle. Now if only I could stop celebrating long enough to actually finish this.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #181925 on: June 16, 2017, 03:58:02 am »

Why did you wait so long before inquiring after your pay, if the job was nearly a year ago?

EDIT: not saying you are to blame for the administrative mess, that's on the company. Just curious. Is it normal where you live to get paid after such a long time?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 04:00:05 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #181926 on: June 16, 2017, 07:44:03 am »

It probably isn't normal here (I live on a small island off the coast of America, called "Manhattan") or most places, but it was enough money altogether that it's still significant (plus, since there are apparently records that I did X amount of work and didn't get paid, well, you know, that's a no-no). It was through some youth employment program, and what was supposed to happen was they'd send me a disposable card with the money on it (because I didn't realize I was supposed to give them my bank account info and get the money directly, and they didn't tell me until too late to get it in the system; oh well). I never got it, as apparently my... what's it called? Timecards, payment sheets? Something along those lines? Something was misplaced, and most importantly, it wasn't my mistake (maybe this is what my father means by "confidence": They say the payment data isn't there, I wonder whether or not I filled everything out, he just says with assurance "No, you must be wrong. I know he did it.")

But anyway, I wasn't living here for most of the year, and in honesty I put off dealing with it because I'm conflict-averse and I was hoping it was just a mailing error (or better yet, that I had received it, but misplaced it, which I was sure for a while was the case because I still have my employee card and I thought that was it). Yes, I know, that's not smart, my parents already found it necessary to remind me of this fact a million times. I get it now. :P
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181927 on: June 16, 2017, 08:54:55 am »

Holy fucking shittery samurai jack season 5 is good

Yaaay! It's there! It awoke me from my eternal sleep! Pum. Pum. Pupupupum.

Also, I'm doing surprisingly well with my exams, too.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181928 on: June 16, 2017, 08:56:59 am »

Edit: stupid computer doubleposts what he wasn't asked to doublepost.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:58:41 am by Bumblebee »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #181929 on: June 16, 2017, 11:18:02 am »

Holy fucking shittery samurai jack season 5 is good

Yaaay! It's there! It awoke me from my eternal sleep! Pum. Pum. Pupupupum.

Also, I'm doing surprisingly well with my exams, too.
BUMBLEBEE :D Well wishes to you and to your masters \o/
Also I should restart that PM-postcard'ing >_> I think I lost the latest response I made...
But yay, nice to see you again! :)) Cheers to you!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #181930 on: June 16, 2017, 12:07:14 pm »

I miss being part of this community. I still post. I still do things. I post on a daily basis on my art thread.

But I feel like I don't actually talk to anyone here anymore.
...You and me both, now that I think of it.
Oh, good, I'm not alone. :v
Aaaand now I'm feeling shitty about the fact that I will not be here once school ends.

Dad's an idiot and blocked the url, and I don't know how to get around it. So the only place I can access this is... school.

Context, for those who needs it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #181931 on: June 16, 2017, 12:16:16 pm »

Oh damn. I didn't really know you, but, be back soon, okay? If you can see this, try google translate from some language into English with the url.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #181932 on: June 16, 2017, 12:19:04 pm »

Oh damn. I didn't really know you, but, be back soon, okay? If you can see this, try google translate from some language into English with the url.
This makes me recall a helpful tidbit thanks to Reudh; add a .wap2 at the end of the url.

I've no idea if it helps but it does help me load Bay12 given my horribad connection stability and speeds! :D

Edit: Strikethrough on that--I recall he told me something that helped but it wasn't that. It was probably like that but I forgot :-[

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181933 on: June 16, 2017, 12:54:28 pm »

It was http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?wap2 but that won't let you get around the URL being blocked. Google translate with "to english" and "from english" effectively acts as a proxy, so you should sorta be able to get online in some fashion.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #181934 on: June 16, 2017, 01:18:36 pm »

Good luck to ya Moonlit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 12127 12128 [12129] 12130 12131 ... 13326