Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12126 12127 [12128] 12129 12130 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15837953 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #181905 on: June 13, 2017, 01:11:40 pm »

I think I'll give it a try tonight.  Thanks!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #181906 on: June 13, 2017, 01:20:14 pm »

Make sure you get uBlock Origin, cuz original/early uBlock is apparently ridden with bugs and holes ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181907 on: June 13, 2017, 06:13:59 pm »

I'm a wee bit leery about switching adblockers, if only because of complacency.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181908 on: June 13, 2017, 11:41:03 pm »

Went to see Iron Maiden and they were amazing.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181909 on: June 13, 2017, 11:58:31 pm »

I don't mind when sites notice Adblock Plus and ask for my support.  I turn off ABP on a lot of sites, pretty much all the ones I trust and appreciate.  It's hardly altruism since I grew up learning to ignore banner, so they don't bother me anymore.

They might conceivably be affecting my purchasing habits, of course.  I don't really care about that.  Free money for sites I like.

I'm immensely more bothered by news sites which autoplay video.  Please.  I'm just trying to make a citation, or verify one.  I don't need you to paraphrase the text for me, then autoplay into an infinite list of unrelated inanity.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #181910 on: June 14, 2017, 05:39:03 am »

Yeah, if a site politely asks I'm quite willing to switch off my adblocker for them. Banner/strip ads kept shoved unobtrusively to the side of the page don't stress me (even if animated, as long as it's not flashing or something. That's a fast way to get reblocked), and I like to offer support to many of the kinds of websites that are worried enough about ads to ask for them to be unblocked.

I was stuck on a part of this one project for far too long, and then the lecturer pointed out that the numerical approximation I'm using doesn't respect the fact that time can't decrease. In hindsight I feel really dumb, but I'm mostly grateful I can move on with the rest of the project, which should be easy from here on (thanks to having been tricksy in the past).

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181911 on: June 14, 2017, 11:47:16 am »

Nintendo's E3 presentation had a few high points, but I SQUEEEE'd out loud when they announced Metroid Prime 4.
I would have preferred to have anything more than a title and some of the original soundtrack...  Or it be developed by Retro...  But apparently some of the Prime team is still working on it, and I just hate Other M that much that I'm considering this a win. 

The new official Metroid 2 remake looks pretty good too.  A couple of new mechanics worried me at first, but I think they're fine.  The scan pulse surely won't show secret rooms on the map.  It's pretty much like power-bombing every room to find secrets, except apparently early-game.  That's not awful.

Explains why they "shut down" AM2R, though.  Such unfortunate timing, Metroid 2 is 26 years old!  I like that Zero Mission (the official remake of 1) is 13 years old...  Super Metroid remake in 2030 confirmed?  :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #181912 on: June 14, 2017, 01:02:05 pm »

I didn't see anything about Golden Sun 4 though, and that still makes me sad.  :'(
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181913 on: June 14, 2017, 01:18:32 pm »

I didn't see anything about Golden Sun 4 though, and that still makes me sad.  :'(
Not surprising.
Dark Dawn sold 0.79 million copies, compared to the 1.76 million of golden sun 1 and 1.22m of The Lost Age.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #181914 on: June 14, 2017, 01:28:50 pm »

*cough*F-Zero*cough*
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #181915 on: June 14, 2017, 02:30:51 pm »

Not surprising.
Dark Dawn sold 0.79 million copies, compared to the 1.76 million of golden sun 1 and 1.22m of The Lost Age.

But you don't seem to understand- Dark Dawn ended with a cliffhanger, fade to black, and THE END?. They have to do it.
Besides, it had a really cool battle system with really unique mechanics.

My game giveaway

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181916 on: June 14, 2017, 03:16:18 pm »

Not surprising.

But you don't seem to understand- Dark Dawn ended with a cliffhanger, fade to black, and THE END?. They have to do it.
It's admittedly been quite a while since I played through Dark Dawn, and even longer since I played the GBA games. Do you mean unique to DD or Golden Sun in general? I don't remember much new to DD that wasn't in TLA.

Dark Dawn made Isaac talk, though. 0/10, shit game.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #181917 on: June 14, 2017, 07:18:44 pm »

Holy fucking shittery samurai jack season 5 is good
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #181918 on: June 14, 2017, 07:47:23 pm »

Not surprising.

It's admittedly been quite a while since I played through Dark Dawn, and even longer since I played the GBA games. Do you mean unique to DD or Golden Sun in general? I don't remember much new to DD that wasn't in TLA.

Dark Dawn made Isaac talk, though. 0/10, shit game.

Golden Sun in general. The concept of monsters and summoning and stuff, that's fairly common, but GS really nailed a cool system.

My game giveaway

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #181919 on: June 15, 2017, 01:53:21 pm »

I found out how to keep my cats from stealing my meatballs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 12126 12127 [12128] 12129 12130 ... 13326