Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12097 12098 [12099] 12100 12101 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15840739 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello, Happy Thread! As of today, I have seen the earth revolve around the sun twenty times! That's as many as two tens. Image me.
Happy birthday 'n' shiz!

My Happy: I feel oddly happy and exuberant this morning. I'm not sure if it's caused by enjoyable shitposting, improving my sleeping schedule, or simple faulty brain chemistry.
I think it might be the sleep thing, actually... last night was only the, I think, third night of my attempt at righting my sleeping pattern, but perhaps I am already feeling healthier from doing so, despite the cold waking me up somewhat earlier than intended this morning. I have had at least a couple of the dramatic, shocking dreams that normally accompany such an attempt (from lying down to sleep regardless of whether the brain is tired, I believe), but I don't remember quite what they were and I don't believe they were anywhere near as severe as I remember them being in the past.

Anyways! Good morning, Bay12! It is half-past ten here.
How are y'all doing? ^-^   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

I'm doing great, got air faire less than  $200 round trip to go see my SO for a week and a half. End of the month can't come soon enough, but in a good way.

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm doing great, got air faire less than  $200 round trip to go see my SO for a week and a half. End of the month can't come soon enough, but in a good way.
I'm not sure what the normal price of airfares are where you are, nor where you're travelling to, but I'm guessing that's cheap.
Great stuff, congratulations! And you have something to look forward to 'til then, so that's always nice. :)     

Edit: Oh my GODS!

Having a healthy sleep pattern is fucking amazing!
I feel like I've been supercharged, in addition to my usual 60 sit-ups I did 20 push-ups as well whilst my luxury noodles were cooking, an exercise I have neglected for quite some time, and I'm even thinking I'll ask my housemate if I can borrow his weights whenever I see him later on. And I had an egg with my luxury noodles, and to prevent the common problem of getting all gross egg-bits in the drainer whilst still ensuring the egg was nicely cooked I devised an ingenious new method: placing the unbroken egg in with the water as it boiled! Holy shit! Genius!

Unfortunately whilst I was off doing exercises the egg was in there long enough to hard-boil and in the process of scraping it out I wound up with some bits of shell in my noodles, but nothing can upset me today! Fucking nothing! Not even when I was eating too excitedly just before and choked on my food a little! IT'S ALL JUST MORE PROTEIN RAAAAGH

I AM THE KING OF SLEEP! THE KING!

Maybe I'll even go for a run later! Because fuck you social anxiety I'll run if I want to! :D   
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 08:59:50 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I envy your ability to sleep soundly for more than an hour or so. *glares at dogs and family*

I get out on the town tomorrow, so fuck this place!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

I'm not sure what the normal price of airfares are where you are, nor where you're travelling to, but I'm guessing that's cheap.
Great stuff, congratulations! And you have something to look forward to 'til then, so that's always nice. :)     

Well to clarify my departure date is the end of the month. Normally a single ticket is $120-200, but booking in advance helps.

Also congrats on your sound sleep! Goodness knows it can be hard to come by at times, and a healthy rhythm really makes a difference.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well to clarify my departure date is the end of the month. Normally a single ticket is $120-200, but booking in advance helps.

Also congrats on your sound sleep! Goodness knows it can be hard to come by at times, and a healthy rhythm really makes a difference.
Wait, so you mean it's normally $120-200 for a one-way flight? In that case, awesome! :D

And thanks, I've been feeling pretty great. I did end up going for a bit of a run, too. It was only to the end of the street and back a couple of times (as I was on my way to the supermarket), but it's better than nothing. Also I didn't feel too horribly out of breath at all afterwards, which is a pleasant surprise considering I felt so out-of-shape trying to ride a bicycle the other day.
I guess riding a bike isn't something I've ever done much of, whereas some of my old sprinting muscles are still lurking around in my legs? Who knows.

Need to figure out what to do with the rest of this weirdly energized day. Might see if I can find a suitable container in which to finally bleach the jacket I've been meaning to for ages... or maybe I should use this burst of confidence to book an appointment with a therapist, for when this "brand new healthy sleep pattern" euphoria no doubt wears off leaving me in the dumps.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile

It feels really good to know the French elections are finally ending today, and people *might* finally shut the fuck up about it.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Hello, Happy Thread! As of today, I have seen the earth revolve around the sun twenty times! That's as many as two tens. Image me.

Happy Birthday! FIRE THE IMAGE CANNONS!
Love, scriver~

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Here ya go :D (click to show/hide)
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

It feels really good to know the French elections are finally ending today, and people *might* finally shut the fuck up about it.

Not with this e-mails thing. Le Pen'll latch on to it if Macron wins, Macron'll be upset about it happening and'll investigate it.

If Le Pen wins, Macron'll be "e-mails turned it!" and demand action, Le Pen might be forced to constantly bring up the e-mails to say she won for other reasons, not 'cause of them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got a new cell phone just a TracFone from Walmart with prepaid card. It's working out pretty well I like it and if I'm stingy with it then I'll only wind up paying 20 bucks every 3 months.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Planted a small patch of potatoes next to my institute. It was at half past midnight, and the guy helping me had never in his life held a shovel. Afterwards he said he enjoyed the activity.

I wonder if the sign we put up next to it was too much though. Some people may get pissed.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what does the sign say?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

"Bitte keepen offen der kartoffeln"

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got a new cell phone just a TracFone from Walmart with prepaid card. It's working out pretty well I like it and if I'm stingy with it then I'll only wind up paying 20 bucks every 3 months.

I do the exact same thing. Since I never actually use it, I've got almost 2000 minutes saved up. At one point I accidentally bought a 2x-4life card, so every 60-minute card I get adds 120 minutes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 12097 12098 [12099] 12100 12101 ... 13326