Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12089 12090 [12091] 12092 12093 ... 13318

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15144006 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

The problem is that people try to stick with 16x16 sprites for DF. 32x32 is, like, bare minimum for good conveyance imo, and i like 64x64.

The one thing I like is having ground that isn't an unreadable mess or unrelentingly dull, though with the first half I suspect that's more down to Cataclysm programming me to assume nearly everything that isn't a period is an item or creature.

You can set the ground to be all periods except for bushes and other stuff on the ground in the init files.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yeah, I know, but it kills my eyes after a while. I'm well aware it's dumb and contrary, but both varied and perfectly unvaried ground bugs me. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Vanilla DF is best.

I find texture packs just make everything worse.

now this is good irony

Why do you think I spend so much time on things like Armok Vision?

I think texture packs are too limited.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile

I learned on vanilla df, but I'm actually a huge fan on texture packs. A bad texture pack is exactly like you said, an unintelligible mess, but a good texture pack is about more than just conveying information. A good texture pack puts its sprites together in a way that creates an atmosphere. Since DF is a game that relays heavily on the players own creativity to create meaningful narratives, a strong atmosphere can be conducive to a good game.

That's my humble onion anyways.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

I actually cannot play DF without a texture pack, the ASCII/alphanumerics causes me substantial eye-strain, hell, just looking at the frontpage of Bay 12 for more than a minute or so starts to hurt.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile

I'm at the start of a 1-week break in my exams because I had decided to skip a relatively unimportant one. Today's the first time I've woken up past 10AM in a very long time.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

It's my birthday. While I'm not getting it today, I'm getting a new laptop that can actually into games, unlike my current potato that's desperately attempting to cling to life.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Saint's Row 2, while somewhat old, is actually really fun!

The fact that it runs on my laptop is also a plus.

And, I was able to make my character look only like a partial tool (as opposed to being a complete tool).

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I thought that looking like a total tool was one of the primary selling points of Saint's Row.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

I have fond memories of playing SR3 as a fat russian grandma.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.

I have fond memories of playing SR3 as a fat russian grandma.
Nice.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

[Please do not quote]

May  really have real job lined up. Have verbal "this is official" but am waiting on written. It looks like I'm actually in a position of having to transition from one job to another (even though the prior one is/was temp). My supervisor is actually being rather awesome about it. He realizes all the fires I put out for him and that my philosophy of "Whoever is in charge usually has too much shit to deal with and I don't want to be a problem; I'll just do it within reason" worked. I put out a lot of fires....

The person I trained and practically spoon fed may or may not actually make it. Sadly, ... does not appear to get it despite painstakingly extensively delivered training. Practically speaking, ... has to look at the checklist they expect and realize ... hasn't done practically jack of it... perhaps 10 to 20% max, in nearly half a year..... If nothing else, a chance was most certainly given....

Now I have to somehow manage to perform at new place considering the last person left it an absolutely radioactive dumpster fire of a situation. They simply have to realize that the whole fiasco is going to take time. I understand it is a nice place overall and many people are unaware of the obscure but real structural problems in this one area, but still. The "easy way" was tried, and didn't work well. Now I'm going to have to manage the pound of cure rather than the ounce of prevention.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I actually cannot play DF without a texture pack, the ASCII/alphanumerics causes me substantial eye-strain, hell, just looking at the frontpage of Bay 12 for more than a minute or so starts to hurt.
I can definitely sympathize with that point. Had the same experience with a lot of old DOS games, though I mostly bulled through because I had the resilience and stubbornness of youth.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

I've come to know the wonderful thing that is Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Also, my hair is now definitely long enough to cover me eyes! It looks somewhat spooky when I look in the mirror.
._.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

Ehehe, Neptunia is fun!

So is long hair.

I got like 5 rare things in a row from trash-tier relics on Warframe, considering buying a lottery ticket.
Edit: Totally forgot the thing I actually wanted to mention at first! Went and met up with a friend I hadn't seen for 5 or so years, spent 3 hours talking about stuff and whatnot.

Was cool.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:50:36 am by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"
Pages: 1 ... 12089 12090 [12091] 12092 12093 ... 13318