Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12077 12078 [12079] 12080 12081 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15910752 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

You're the artiest person too now.

The text and the drawings are actually my boss's doing. I translated some bits to English though (16 authors pitched in on the article, some preferred to write in their native language and have it translated). I also did a lot of synthetic work for this project. I wouldn't say all of it, but a lot of it.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I guess I really do have a job right now, I got a vest and nametag and paperwork at orientation.

People are down on retail jobs, but it's nice to have some structure. At my old work (fast food) it was bedlam 24/7 until the customers went away, my training was nonexistant and everybody did every job at once unless the single manager who had the presence of mind to actually manage was around.

Here I actually have an idea of what work will look like... before I've even started! Crazy, right? I got to shadow and ask questions and actually have things explained, rather than figuring it out by trial-and-error. Yeah yeah, corporate bullshit, social engineering, every job sucks, but it's hard not to have a good first impression when the first thing they show you is exactly the thing you wanted most from your old work.
There's something to be said in having free-form ability to define your own work.

But if your actual ability to keep the job depends on you meeting certain criteria, yeah, it tends to be nice to know what those criteria are and some methods they know of to achieve them. :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

All that matters is that the next time you are at a artsypartsy you can introduce yourself as a published author and all the struggling writers and poets will be envious: D
Love, scriver~

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page

So i know at least some of you are familiar with Brutal Doom. I recently found the glory of Project Brutality. As the guy eventually says, if Brutal Doom turns Doom up to 11, Brutality turns it up to 111. :v
It's also significantly harder since the enemies have also been badassed up (beyond what Brutal Doom did), but that only makes it feel better when you murderize the lot of them. Gotta say, the heavy machine gun is INTENSELY satisfying. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

It's a matter of time before somebody makes an even more brutal mod and then we'll just get blood spurting out from all openings in your computer and out of your screen once you start up Doom.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page

ULTIMATE BRUTALIZED BRUTALITY, IT SHOOTS YOU IN THE KNEECAPS WHILE YOU PLAY AND PUNCHES YOUR PUNK ASS FACE WHEN YOU QUIT

BRUTAL AS FUCK
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

There are also puppies. You get to watch the demons beat and devour the puppies. You can try to save them, but the demons claws bite deep, and they will not survive.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

One of my friends drew a short line on my skin in bright yellow marker.

He then explained that I was the highlight of his day.

FRIENDSHIP GOALS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

You have a weird friend.

But that's OK, everyone is weird in some way...

For example I am having trouble getting interested in reading. Not because I don't want to read something, but because my last book just happened to leave me with 666 total reading hours since I bought my latest eReader. I don't want to mess that up...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

It's a matter of time before somebody makes an even more brutal mod and then we'll just get blood spurting out from all openings in your computer and out of your screen once you start up Doom.
Inb4 someone mashes Brutal Doom together with that one hentai Doom mod.

e: Holy shit, just yesterday a thing called Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop dropped on Steam. It's Alien Swarm with greatly extended content (including PvP) and Workshop support, for free. Holy shit.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:31:58 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Holy cow!!
And it's still free, and it claims to unlock single player on all the old maps (and new ones?) with improved bots...
Damn, my group and I used to love Alien Swarm.  I only stopped playing because my new computer had an odd glitch with it, and we'd kinda played it to death (I "reset" thrice, which does nothing but give you badges and the thrill of leveling up again).

If someone isn't familiar, it's a top-down action shooter where you control one marine in a squad of 4.  There are four classes, with two significantly different characters for each class.  Like, I usually played the "purer" medic because my group kept walking into facehuggers, but there's also a medic that's better at combat.

The engineer class is occasionally required to solve repair minigames while the squad defends them, but also has stuff like an aim-assist module on the assault rifle.  There's also a class with autocannons, and a leader class with shotguns which buffs or something.

It's also has a nifty mechanic for reloading, apparently cribbed from Gears of War, where you can reload a lot faster if you press the button at the right time.  There's a clear visual indicator, but it can be tricky since in the situations where you want a rapid reload...  you're probably dodging xenos.

Melee is also very satisfying.  Particularly on normal, or if you equip a power fist or chainsaw.  Yeah, it feels a lot like clearing a Space Hulk sometimes.  Except the characters are quippy rather than grimdark...  Usually.  I still love the pure medic's "I'LL KEEL YOU ALL" when meleeing.  That's what the bugs get for depleting my supplies hurting my friends...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

One of my friends drew a short line on my skin in bright yellow marker.

He then explained that I was the highlight of his day.

FRIENDSHIP GOALS

That is the worst pickup line ever conceived :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

The rain beats down
Like large quantities of liquid, carrying significant kinetic force.  What would that be called, I wonder?

There was a promise.  He is coming, and he will arrive.
And it will be good.

Edit: 1:26AM: A rushed pair of boots loudly pound/slap through the wet sidewalk.
I can only guess at their story.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:28:26 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Well shit, Rolan's gone nuts.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Implying I wasn't always courting the border.
Am I mad, or am I awake!?

http://marathon.bungie.org/story/eatthepath.html
THEY CALLED ME MAD
PERHAPS
THEY WERE RIGHT
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 12077 12078 [12079] 12080 12081 ... 13327