Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12076 12077 [12078] 12079 12080 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15910738 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

If I would've had to guess I would have guessed that you chose herons because of how heroic they are :P
It is just 'hero' with an N, though. Hero-n. Heroine? I guess that works.

HERON THE SEAL GOD MAKES NO SENSe
Barbarossa didn't make much sense either, you have to admit.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

Seals for the herpn god, herons for the seal throne
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Heronperor in a barrel! Heronperor in a barrel!
Love, scriver~

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

If I would've had to guess I would have guessed that you chose herons because of how heroic they are :P
It is just 'hero' with an N, though. Hero-n. Heroine? I guess that works.

HERON THE SEAL GOD MAKES NO SENSe
Barbarossa didn't make much sense either, you have to admit.
Obviously TSG stands for The Science Girl, Bill Nye's sister who set out to demonstrate the twin paradox near a black hole. Barbarossa simply seemed like an appropriate title at the time after committing piracy and nicking Carl Sagan's Spaceship of the Imagination to get there. 34 years/1 week later, depending on your point of view, she returned, allowing them to finally finish Cosmos, having hardly aged. Obviously.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Applauds*

For something you pulled out of your arse, Alway... that's a pretty fun and well-reasoned backstory.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

For lunch today I had potatoes covered in cheese, carrots roasted in balsamic vinegar, and tagine (with chicken, chickpeas, raisins, almonds, and olives) served over jasmine rice. Or rather, an Andean root vegetable covered in a British cheese; a Persian root vegetable cooked in an Italian sauce; and a style of stew of Moroccoan origin made with an Indian bird, an Egyptian legume, a dried Levantine fruit, a Levantine nut, and an Italian fruit, all suspended in a paste made from a Mesoamerican fruit and served over a Thai rice cultivar. All of it painstakingly selectively bred and spread across the world over the course of hundreds or even thousands of years, grown using methods that are themselves the result of thousands of years of development, transported God only knows how far for processing, and then transported again to this restaurant where it was all cooked together. And all I had to do for the product of all that work, which would have cost a fortune not so long ago, was spend a little over an hour sitting at a desk waiting for someone to need help finding a book.

It's crazy to think of just how much work there is behind everyday things.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:14:35 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page

comrade shook is now participating in TWO weekly Shadowrun groups

A social boob i may be, and a competent roleplayer i may not be, but it's still quite fun, and it helps me get more comfortable with... Well, other people. It's over Skype, but hey, small steps still count, and i get to practice my english. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Are you playing as an asocial troll for bonus meta points Shook?

In unrelated happies, I'm not the biggest fan of VR, too gimmicky for my tastes, it'll be cool one day, hopefully, until then we'll be swamped in shitty games for it. But, some really amazing software is being developed for it. Goro Fujita, an amazing artist is probably the best example for the bright future of such software.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page

Oh man, that is fucking awesome! All the more reason for me to save up for a VR set once i have room for it. And an income. :v

Also nah, i'm currently playing as an asocial human, or rather a very socially incompetent one (... but he's an amazing driver and an engineering polymath). It comes quite naturally anyways, and i figured i should start at known grounds before even THINKING about being a face. Come think of it, all three characters that i might actually get to play are humans; nerd rigger, nutty mage and socially competent russian with a scary chainsaw. In my own defense though, the latter is a substitute for a corgi shapeshifter, made after the GM pointed out the cultural disadvantages of being an intelligent corgi in New York. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Coffee is making me happy right now.
I don't know, it's kinda weird but since I started drinking my coffee black it feels like it has more effect... I used to barely get any sort of rush from my coffee. I'm probably imagining it. Then again, I do use a bit more sugar now, so that could explain it!   

Edit: Okay, I had a fairly Happy story earlier.
First I went with my housemate to grab some groceries, early in the afternoon. That all went smoothly enough, got some delicious foods and talked shit in the supermarket, that sort of thing. I also grabbed $20 cashout, with which I planned to pay a friend I owed money for a cab fare. Then we got home and he cooked up a pizza whilst I heated up some refried beans and tortillas, always a delicious and reliable staple.

It wasn't 'til after I'd eaten those and was planning to make a trek to a liquor store one suburb over (to make use of a discount from my supermarket receipt, you see) that I realised I'd forgotten to take the freakin' money.  Oh shiiiiit. A whirlwind of emotions rushed through my head, some suggesting I give into despair and others claiming "it was just $20, no big deal", but eventually I decided I might as well head back to that supermarket on my way to the far-off liquor store and see if there was any way I could get it back.

Turns out, one of the clerks watching over the self-service area had actually spotted my $20 note before any other customers could grab it, and turned it in to the main desk. I had my receipt, and so I actually got my money back! It was quite an amazing moment, I didn't really expect that outcome for a moment.
So I left the supermarket in rather high spirits, headed for the liquor store.

It ended up being rather further than I anticipated. It was also raining.
That's okay though, I quite like walking in the rain. I sang/hummed some songs to myself as I went, and spirits were high. A few times I thought I might have been lost (I went a different route to the one I'd planned, due to my supermarket detour) but it all turned out alright in the end. On the way back, however, I decided to go by my originally-planned, far shorter route- and then I did get lost.

I'll spare you the details, but I wandered up the street parallel to mine for quite a while, making occasional trips up adjoining streets to see if I could find one connecting on to mine (which is shorter than the street I was on, hence the confusion), before eventually realising that I'd misremembered one tiny bit of the directions and was looking for my street in the wrong direction. >.>
Whoops.

Once I finally got back home with my $10 beer haul, rather wet and footsore (from walking in the rain with heavy boots and wet socks) I was very much ready for a beer, and indeed that beer was one of the sweetest beers I've tasted, despite not being one of my preferred brands. The next too weren't so bad, either. ;)

Now I've showered, changed, and am pretty much ready to head off to an excellent gig later on with two of my favourite local bands.
Overall, a pretty successful day! I got some exercise and all that, and explored some unfamiliar territory. Sweet.     
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:05:57 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

I guess I really do have a job right now, I got a vest and nametag and paperwork at orientation.

People are down on retail jobs, but it's nice to have some structure. At my old work (fast food) it was bedlam 24/7 until the customers went away, my training was nonexistant and everybody did every job at once unless the single manager who had the presence of mind to actually manage was around.

Here I actually have an idea of what work will look like... before I've even started! Crazy, right? I got to shadow and ask questions and actually have things explained, rather than figuring it out by trial-and-error. Yeah yeah, corporate bullshit, social engineering, every job sucks, but it's hard not to have a good first impression when the first thing they show you is exactly the thing you wanted most from your old work.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

A publication came out in Inorganic Chemistry journal recently where I am a co-author. I think this officially qualifies me as a science person.

EDIT: Technically that was a month ago, but still.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:05:20 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

A publication came out in Inorganic Chemistry journal recently where I am a co-author. I think this officially qualifies me as a science person.

Congrats! The first one is the most fun, and it looks damn good on a resume.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Fuck, you're not just a science person, you're also a published author. You're the artiest person too now.
Love, scriver~

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Grats Comrade P.!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 12076 12077 [12078] 12079 12080 ... 13327