Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11963 11964 [11965] 11966 11967 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15834858 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: [GOOD JOKE?] Find pants elevator! (Happy thread)
« Reply #179460 on: January 21, 2017, 02:48:29 am »

Phi Theta Kappa
aren't these, like, masons

because it sounds like a secret society
._.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #179461 on: January 21, 2017, 03:59:11 am »

Nah, that's Phi Beta Kappa.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #179462 on: January 21, 2017, 04:11:31 am »

I think you guys mean Phi Theta
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179463 on: January 21, 2017, 05:31:46 am »

My Ukrainian friend is going to some university in Poland! Woo!
._.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179464 on: January 21, 2017, 05:35:26 am »

Spoiler: still spoilers (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #179465 on: January 21, 2017, 05:36:12 am »

Which one :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179466 on: January 21, 2017, 06:04:33 am »

The only one, duh.

Apparently, the university in question is "Politechnika Lubelska". Anyone from Poland (i.e. Kot), how good is it?
._.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #179467 on: January 21, 2017, 08:06:14 am »

The only one, duh.

Apparently, the university in question is "Politechnika Lubelska". Anyone from Poland (i.e. Kot), how good is it?
Noooot amazing TBH. Top of the low-tier (of legitimate unis, mind you, not diploma mills) according to the rankings.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #179468 on: January 21, 2017, 08:38:09 am »

I went for the Honors program at my undergraduate school because it allowed you to skip all of the gen-ed courses full of donkeys who didn't learn the material in high school and replace them with still pretty dull but fewer in number Honors gen-eds. Definitely check to see if yours offers that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179469 on: January 21, 2017, 09:08:28 am »

I don't geddit. Is a honors program something that students with exceptional academic results get that gives them certain privileges and/or access to more advanced courses? What does it have to do with your weird pseudo-Freemason-type greek letter sex/drugs/rock&roll student society dealies?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #179470 on: January 21, 2017, 09:19:47 am »

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179471 on: January 21, 2017, 10:22:40 am »

The only one, duh.

Noooot amazing TBH. Top of the low-tier (of legitimate unis, mind you, not diploma mills) according to the rankings.
...Still beats staying in Ukraine! Hurray for brain drain!
._.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #179472 on: January 21, 2017, 10:31:16 am »

I don't geddit. Is a honors program something that students with exceptional academic results get that gives them certain privileges and/or access to more advanced courses? What does it have to do with your weird pseudo-Freemason-type greek letter sex/drugs/rock&roll student society dealies?
I'm talking about official university honor programs which are basically what you described first: if you entered with a high degree of academic excellence you can join, which gets you access to better courses and extra opportunities for social networking with faculty and other people who will probably become successful in whatever they do, provided you maintain your performance academically and behaviorally. You also tend to get a little thing on your diploma and special recognition at graduation.

All the other shit varies. Some of it is exclusive clubs for rich people, some of it is actual honor societies for smart people, some of it is scams that pretend to be the former.

The last thing you talked about are fraternities and sororities. Those are basically just student groups with a faculty wrangler. They have a very tenuous relationship to honor societies in that they sprang from the same roots, but Greek LifeTM on campus is basically just a way to get to know people and always have folks to hang out with -- mostly drunks who sleep around and spend their time partying instead of working towards graduating. They're the sort of people who spend seven years pursuing a business management degree on their parents' dime while spending all their money on liquor and skipping class.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #179473 on: January 21, 2017, 10:48:03 am »

Phi Theta Kappa
Most important benefit of any kind of student org like that is networking. Nepotism with a decent resume gets jobs a lot better than a good resume.

And this doesn't just apply to honor societies. Social/service fraternities/sororities are actually probably better, especially if they're national/international. When you can have an automatic connection to someone who has good connections themself, that can be very beneficial for finding a job. Basically, anything you can do to avoid submitting a resume/application online that's going to get looked at for 10-20 seconds before someone has to make a decision on it.

The last thing you talked about are fraternities and sororities. Those are basically just student groups with a faculty wrangler. They have a very tenuous relationship to honor societies in that they sprang from the same roots, but Greek LifeTM on campus is basically just a way to get to know people and always have folks to hang out with -- mostly drunks who sleep around and spend their time partying instead of working towards graduating. They're the sort of people who spend seven years pursuing a business management degree on their parents' dime while spending all their money on liquor and skipping class.

Some, but not all. Varies on the fraternity/sorority and the university. They will also probably have a hidden body of notes, past exams, past homework solutions, an extensive alumni network with people who tend to be social, outgoing, and likeable - you know, the kind of person you want giving your recommendation, even if it's also the kind of person you absolutely despise. There are, in fact, benefits other than booze and party access, though there's also plenty of that.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #179474 on: January 21, 2017, 10:58:30 am »

What college was that?

Wright State University.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 11963 11964 [11965] 11966 11967 ... 13326