Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11962 11963 [11964] 11965 11966 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15835430 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: [GOOD JOKE?] Find pants elevator! (Happy thread)
« Reply #179445 on: January 20, 2017, 12:32:44 pm »

Have a phone interview.

This would be awesome good if I didn't have anxiety over using the phone. Surprisingly calm about it, though lots of research needs to be done.

25 minutes, apparently. What should I expect?

I guess it shouldn't be too different from a face-to-face interview. In fact, you should be preparing as if it were, including dress and grooming. Same here about the phone anxiety. Doesn't help that my voice sounds absolutely weird when recorded.

Why would you dress up if they're not going to see you? Unless it's a video call? Or something??

Well, even if its a phone interview, it would prob be a bit awkward to do it while naked.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #179446 on: January 20, 2017, 12:40:09 pm »

An acquaintance is selling an old but high-quality french horn for a very reasonable asking price.
I bought it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #179447 on: January 20, 2017, 02:14:26 pm »

I am reading Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. Best fanfic I've ever read, and I've spent quite some times in the murky swamps of fan fiction. Occasionally you find a gem, but... *shrugs* all too often it's just worthless.

"Can the Legion stop making plots now?" said Finnigan of Chaos. "I mean, don't we have enough already -"

"No," Harry said flatly. "We can never have enough plots."

"You're giving me a time machine. To treat my sleep disorder. You're giving me a TIME MACHINE to treat my sleep disorder."

And all of the Muggle references, like "Red leader" and "forward deflectors" and "the enemy's gate is down" makes me happy in a sad sort of way. Almost nobody there gets those references. One day, the same will be true of Muggles. All of these somethings, blah, blah, tears in rain.

See? That. That is another reference that will disappear. And yet it makes me smile to see a torrent of references sewn into a chapter.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179448 on: January 20, 2017, 02:30:50 pm »

Your unseemly display of nostalgia is evoking a similar feeling in me.
But, don't despair.  We keep classics relevant even centuries later...  They just have to compete for headspace, and they aren't pop anymore.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179449 on: January 20, 2017, 02:46:35 pm »

Reading the Harry Potter books for the first time.

Ron to a classmate: Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?

Hee hee.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179450 on: January 20, 2017, 02:50:44 pm »

Have a phone interview.

This would be awesome good if I didn't have anxiety over using the phone. Surprisingly calm about it, though lots of research needs to be done.

25 minutes, apparently. What should I expect?

I guess it shouldn't be too different from a face-to-face interview. In fact, you should be preparing as if it were, including dress and grooming. Same here about the phone anxiety. Doesn't help that my voice sounds absolutely weird when recorded.

Why would you dress up if they're not going to see you? Unless it's a video call? Or something??

Well, even if its a phone interview, it would prob be a bit awkward to do it while naked.
Not really. I've done that before. There have been several times that the recruiter woke me up, and I'm laying there in bed still in my sleep-zombie-haze and no pajamas doing an interview at 8am. One of them led to one of the best jobs I've ever had, one that I worked for three years.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #179451 on: January 20, 2017, 03:24:21 pm »

Your unseemly display of nostalgia is evoking a similar feeling in me.
But, don't despair.  We keep classics relevant even centuries later...  They just have to compete for headspace, and they aren't pop anymore.
Unseemly? Ah, I forgot. This is the Happy thread. Still, nostalgia is bittersweet, is it not?

On an actually happy note, I had a moment of extreme coordination. I've been rather clumsy lately, but as I walked through the door to my house, my mind preoccupied with something or another, I smoothly maneuvered through the door, a pile of cats, and a paper (err, make that a cat and a pile of papers), moving bags from one hand to another as necessary and setting them down as I went. And I didn't trip on anything, suddenly lurch to the side, drop anything, or bash myself into a wall! It seems so ridiculously everyday for me to post here, but I was happy when I noticed what I had done. I think my clumsiness is largely the result of overthinking it all.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:45:14 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179452 on: January 20, 2017, 05:53:28 pm »

After roughly a week of not playing it, I load up Pokemon Sun, and walk into a Pokemon Center. At first, it appears to freeze while loading the area, and I start to panic. Then, after a few seconds, the lights come on and there's a special cutscene where the nurse wishes me a happy birthday, and for the entire day the back screen displays a birthday cake, the music is different, and the nurse has a slightly different dialogue.

I can't remember when a video game made me feel unexpectedly appreciated like that.

Hee hee.
Spoiler: I'll ruin it for you (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179453 on: January 20, 2017, 07:05:59 pm »

Cool!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #179454 on: January 20, 2017, 11:26:45 pm »

Hee hee.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179455 on: January 20, 2017, 11:33:46 pm »

Hee hee.

Spoiler: still spoilers (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #179456 on: January 20, 2017, 11:53:32 pm »

...It's good that they want you in the honor society? Your experience must be very different than mine. The honors program I saw at a college was what guaranteed I'd never attend (that college in particular). The program at the school I am going to is miles above my gpa so I haven't heard much about it.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #179457 on: January 21, 2017, 12:06:11 am »

I'm in Phi Theta Kappa and it's done literally nothing for me so far.

I got invited to go to China!... They didn't offer to pay for it, but they really want me there to see the engineering on their new hydroelectric dam! Tickets not included!

Of course, there's some scholarships I could get. That is if my family members worked for certain businesses, or if I put in so many hours at PTK events, or did something amazing that benefited the multiverse and all sentient beings.

What they don't tell you about scholarships is that you have to be marketable. Do some community service. Volunteer. Donate. You need to write essays about that shit, and if you haven't done any then you're screwed.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #179458 on: January 21, 2017, 12:22:18 am »

I got invited to go to China!...Tickets not included!

That's not an invitation, that's a travel brochure.

Mine was (requirements/benefits[?] to being honors)
a) HS gpa of (low number, 2.5 i think?)
b) Bunk in one of the single sized bedrooms with another honors student (2 people in a traditional sized single person dorm room)
c) 16 or someshit on the act (for anyone who hasn't taken the act: it's a joke. I took it as a practice in 8th grade and got a score of 21)

Regular students were able to sleep in
1) Regular dorm room (single)
2) supersized single dorm room
3) 2x size for 2 people room

Entry to the college required prerequisites of:
i) breathing
ii) eating
iii) amoeba level intelligence
iiii) high school diploma (though it was 'subtly' implied that you didn't really need one of these)

This college made me die on the inside.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #179459 on: January 21, 2017, 02:11:57 am »

What college was that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 11962 11963 [11964] 11965 11966 ... 13326