Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11956 11957 [11958] 11959 11960 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15836565 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [GOOD JOKE?] Find pants elevator! (Happy thread)
« Reply #179355 on: January 15, 2017, 07:13:22 pm »

I'm glad!  I used to say it wasn't worth reading, but that was self-deprecation.  It's worth reading, at least until you hit the trolls and then a couple chapters after.

But don't worry about the music spoiling- it's all environmental, or meaningless meme-salad which I swear spoils nothing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179356 on: January 15, 2017, 07:18:45 pm »

I'm glad!  I used to say it wasn't worth reading, but that was self-deprecation.  It's worth reading, at least until you hit the trolls and then a couple chapters after.
And what happens after that? Please be as infuriatingly vague as possible.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179357 on: January 15, 2017, 07:21:49 pm »

Nothing bad, it just doubles down on vague complicatedness.  Then redoubles, then triples, the later skips straight over quadruplecrazy and goes straight to octomadness.

The first couple chapters are decent geeky cruft.  Then it gets good.  Then it gets WEIRD.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179358 on: January 15, 2017, 07:35:12 pm »

Homestuck's music is awesome.  And not very spoilers audio-wise.  Just avoid looking at track art too much, there are some mildly spoilery bits.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179359 on: January 15, 2017, 07:38:37 pm »

Nothing bad, it just doubles down on vague complicatedness.  Then redoubles, then triples, the later skips straight over quadruplecrazy and goes straight to octomadness.

The first couple chapters are decent geeky cruft.  Then it gets good.  Then it gets WEIRD.
Weird enough that it's maybe-possibly not worth reading after that point? Huh, that would be something new.

Homestuck's music is awesome.  And not very spoilers audio-wise.  Just avoid looking at track art too much, there are some mildly spoilery bits.
I dunno, I have this feeling that I will enjoy it more if I let it appear naturally first? Like, it will then be more strongly associated with specific events for me, if that makes sense to you.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179360 on: January 15, 2017, 07:44:43 pm »

Weird enough that it's maybe-possibly not worth reading after that point? Huh, that would be something new.
So I've often argued.  I've warned people away from, possibly, my single favorite mythos.  It takes an investment I'm not prepared to recommend.

But I *do* recommend checking it out until the Trolls, then going through a chapter of them, and seeing if it clicks for you.  Because if it does... Mmmhm!

The thing about the songs is that a lot of later Homestuck (as in the latter four fifths, at least) is improved if you recognize the songs.  Usually it's because you heard a simpler version in an earlier page, and now it's being... built on.

I don't think listening to the soundtrack earlier will hurt anything.  Homestuck is, in a word, nostalgia.
Also, the terrible secret of space.

TBF is right though you shouldn't look at the album art too much.  Very vague spoilers lie within.
She/they

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179361 on: January 15, 2017, 08:11:36 pm »

But I *do* recommend checking it out until the Trolls, then going through a chapter of them, and seeing if it clicks for you.  Because if it does... Mmmhm!
Funnily enough, it was the opposite of that for me. The weird fuckery that goes in the first few acts got tiring very very quickly for me, but the, ahem, Trolls, were significantly more readable, even if I didn't understood any of the context at the time.
._.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #179362 on: January 15, 2017, 08:15:54 pm »

Go Pack go!

Referees are good sometimes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179363 on: January 15, 2017, 08:17:35 pm »

-snip-
Mhm. Okay, I will consider getting the songs... bit later, when fresh commiebucks arrive for me.

Spoiler: mildly offtop (click to show/hide)
Funnily enough, it was the opposite of that for me. The weird fuckery that goes in the first few acts got tiring very very quickly for me, but the, ahem, Trolls, were significantly more readable, even if I didn't understood any of the context at the time.
I am very enthused about the weird fuckery at this late hour. Perhaps I will enjoy the trolls as well. God knows the grey bastards are kinda cute.

Say, Sergarr, when do you sleep? It's just hard to conceive for me that another human being can have a sleep schedule as fucked as mine.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179364 on: January 15, 2017, 08:26:20 pm »

I dunno, I have this feeling that I will enjoy it more if I let it appear naturally first? Like, it will then be more strongly associated with specific events for me, if that makes sense to you.
Honestly most of it doesn't appear in the comic.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179365 on: January 15, 2017, 09:14:33 pm »

Say, Sergarr, when do you sleep? It's just hard to conceive for me that another human being can have a sleep schedule as fucked as mine.
Well, yesterday, it was from about 15:00 to 01:30. I'm still kind of in a holiday mode, though, with no things to do at day, but that's probably gonna be over soon and I better go around to fixing it, but when I'm not constrained, it usually creeps towards this sort of owl-like state.
._.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179366 on: January 15, 2017, 09:48:03 pm »

Well, yesterday, it was from about 15:00 to 01:30. I'm still kind of in a holiday mode, though, with no things to do at day, but that's probably gonna be over soon and I better go around to fixing it, but when I'm not constrained, it usually creeps towards this sort of owl-like state.
Hah, right. I'm always like, "Okay, so it's 06:00 already, I gotta leave for class in like two hours, what's the point of even going to bed now. Least I'll be sleepy in the evening, so I can go to bed early", and then my body is like "Pssst. Pssst, Avis, you wanna fall asleep in the middle of class? Wanna fall asleep on this bus? Wanna start leaning on this total stranger's shoulder on the metro and probably drooling a bit? I gotcha fam". And then I'm like, "okay, so it's evening now, can I go to bed?" and it's like "BLOW ME, PEASANT."

I would be fine if I didn't have classes. But I do.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179367 on: January 15, 2017, 09:56:25 pm »

IDK though...  I slept pretty well when I had a steady schedule, even thought my off-call was 2AM to 10AM.
Now I can sleep whenever, and I keep waking up between 4 and 6 AM almost every night.
Literally.  When I manage to sleep through the night, I'm either exceptionally drunk or grateful enough to brag here.
Though, possibly, hanging out with my friends this week is helping with that.  I did sleep well last night, only somewhat buzzed.

Tonight won't be a useful data point for that theory, though, I'm forcing a deep sleep.  No chances.  Things to do tomorrow.
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179368 on: January 15, 2017, 10:28:16 pm »

After I finished reading through Homestuck for the first time, I ended up feeling like I had obtained exactly zero useful information about what the hell Homestuck is. I felt pleasantly confused the whole way through, but I was not expecting to still feel.that way at the end.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179369 on: January 15, 2017, 10:48:58 pm »

Hah, right. I'm always like, "Okay, so it's 06:00 already, I gotta leave for class in like two hours, what's the point of even going to bed now. Least I'll be sleepy in the evening, so I can go to bed early", and then my body is like "Pssst. Pssst, Avis, you wanna fall asleep in the middle of class? Wanna fall asleep on this bus? Wanna start leaning on this total stranger's shoulder on the metro and probably drooling a bit? I gotcha fam". And then I'm like, "okay, so it's evening now, can I go to bed?" and it's like "BLOW ME, PEASANT."

I would be fine if I didn't have classes. But I do.

That good old second wind! I hate it.

I can fall asleep shortly after dinner, or after midnight.  Normal bedtimes completely elude me.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.
Pages: 1 ... 11956 11957 [11958] 11959 11960 ... 13326