Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11945 11946 [11947] 11948 11949 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15838897 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: [GOOD JOKE?] Find pants elevator! (Happy thread)
« Reply #179190 on: January 01, 2017, 03:12:09 pm »

Parents are accepting of my trans-ness! They're helping me get an appointment with a therapist or counselor or something!
I'm happy for you!
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #179191 on: January 01, 2017, 03:26:39 pm »

Parents are accepting of my trans-ness! They're helping me get an appointment with a therapist or counselor or something!
*Throws rainbow confetti*

Tolerant parents are best parents
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179192 on: January 01, 2017, 03:57:21 pm »

Fakedit:  I am *so* happy for you.  I just don't... I can't really comment on that right now.  But I'm glad!  Woo!

Dad's giving me, like, 5-minute updates on his going to see Rogue One.  I'm honored, and that feels really good!

As in it's nice that he hasn't given up on me, and I haven't given up on him, and...  difficulties, and other-family drama, aside...  We're actually on pretty good terms.
Despite old memories making me deeply uncomfortable in his presence, we're still on good terms.  I'm glad!  Maybe... it's possible to heal old wounds.
Fingers crossed (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #179193 on: January 01, 2017, 08:47:45 pm »

SLAMMIN'

Great to hear! There are too many depressing stories out there (and in here) of people with... Less accepting parents, it's nice to be able to add a happy one to the list. :D

Also today... Today has been a fine day. Slept a bit too long, but eh, it's the first day of the year. I managed to wrangle Windows 10 to actually install on my new SSD, got hold of all necessary drivers (after a bit of a scare with it not coming with a network driver, so i had to download it on my laptop instead), found my default favoured websites, set up IRC, that kind of stuff. Basically, it's ready for me to start installing the gaming things tomorrow. Then, after doing all that wrangling, i had a nice session of Shadowrun with my relatively new online group, where the RNG actually treated me quite well. How unusual. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179194 on: January 02, 2017, 12:31:03 am »

Yay! :)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179195 on: January 02, 2017, 12:51:44 am »

sometimes i reminisce about doing things manually, but the fact that there's basically a browser extension for everything means basically anything is accessible even to my most computer illiterate friends

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179196 on: January 02, 2017, 12:04:48 pm »

Watched Westworld for the first time, with a couple of friends. The TV series, although we watched the movie first.
And then after marathoning the last couple episodes of the series, just now at around 3AM we watched Futureworld.

The show was brilliant, but Futureworld was just amazingly weird. So many great moments of '70s silliness and just straight-up trippiness.   
Now I will sleep. Gotta sleep.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #179197 on: January 02, 2017, 12:33:24 pm »

I, too, have been binging westworld.

We have 2 episodes to go.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #179198 on: January 02, 2017, 01:18:18 pm »

a real mind blowing ending.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #179199 on: January 02, 2017, 01:23:09 pm »

I didn't mind.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179200 on: January 03, 2017, 04:15:15 am »

Today I caught a train, wandered the city, bought some books for real cheap, battled with my anxiety (and won), ate a decent-but-not-great burrito, drank a beer, saw various sights of varying levels of interest, discovered some sweet band merch I'll have to buy at some point, had a nice chat with a cute, scored a big ol' bottle of discounted iced coffee, admired my city-glass reflection many a time in my new yellow jacket, listened to a couple of newly-added albums on my Ipod, saw some amusing graffiti, snagged a nice corner seat on the train and spent most of the ride home with my nose in a book... without getting too engrossed and missing my stop!   

Sure, nothing overly spectacular happened, but when you add up all the little nice things today was pretty decent. :)

It's pretty dang great.
I think the... third episode or so had me going, "Okay, this is actually quite entertaining," then a couple episodes on from there I was like, "Good grief, this show really means business," and then from there it just got crazier and crazier and better and better. I'm sure if I thought about it enough I'd come up with a bunch of little niggling things to pick at that I didn't entirely like... but I don't feel any real need to do that. It was great fun to watch. And the soundtrack was lovely! Even if apparently some of the pianola tracks were adapted from actual songs which, unsurprisingly, I don't know.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #179201 on: January 03, 2017, 05:09:54 am »

So apparently a bunch of Steven universe episodes got leaked.

They're great.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #179202 on: January 03, 2017, 05:18:50 am »

I have a kitten snuggling with me. Very purr, extra knit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179203 on: January 03, 2017, 05:43:43 am »

skipping breakfast actually worked out in my favour today because that lasagna was both delicious and far too much food for a normal meal

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179204 on: January 03, 2017, 07:25:16 pm »

So much rain today, and it's supposed to continue off-and-on for another week or so :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 11945 11946 [11947] 11948 11949 ... 13326