Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11941 11942 [11943] 11944 11945 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15833578 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [GOOD JOKE?] Find pants elevator! (Happy thread)
« Reply #179130 on: December 30, 2016, 04:44:28 pm »

VA-11 Hall-A.
it's so fucking good
Good enough to get on a minor sale? I've been thinking about picking it up during the Winter Sale, but...

Nah. Get it on a major sale.
At best it's worth two playthroughs, and then it's done.
I mean- that's kind of unfair given it's a visual novel and not something that's supposed to have a lot of replayability.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #179131 on: December 30, 2016, 04:46:43 pm »

2. Decrease output of plants due to reduced sunlight, potentially kill plants which can't get enough sun anymore, which would collapse land food webs which depend on them,
Not a happy, but the year 1816 was known as the Year Without a Summer (a.k.a. Eighteen-hundred and Froze to Death) because of a famine in Europe caused by stratospheric sulphate aerosols from a volcanic eruption, i.e. a volcanic winter. As I said, deliberately causing a similar event is either crazy-enough-to-work or just plain crazy. Replacing one ecological catastrophe with another can't really be anything else.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #179132 on: December 30, 2016, 05:03:35 pm »

the best way to learn eu4 imo is to play as a japanese daimyou
you're on more or less equal footing with all your neighbours and very insulated from the rest of asia, allowing you to really focus on your goal of uniting japan
portugal, england, and norway aren't bad either, if you pick up exploration ideas and want to learn how colonisation works
ottomans and castile are go-to strong nations, but they're so big and powerful you won't really learn much and can honestly ignore a lot of mechanics like trade and aggressive expansion
Portugal and England are great for learning; England is safe from BBB and it's hard for mistakes to cripple it given that there are so few nations capable of taking advantage of its weakness, whilst it's in prime location for players to learn trade mechanics, naval combat, combat, colonization, espionage, diplomacy, religion and parliamentary/estate mechanics. All the while it has to contend with powerful rivals in Castile/Spain, France and the Netherlands, which while cannot destroy England easily, can still destroy most of its endeavours, providing a challenge. Portugal requires a little more skill imo given their much smaller size but they're also fairly safe given that Castile/Spain protects them well, though there's little more nightmarish for a new player in Portugal to find themselves stuck in a personal union with Spain. And it WILL happen eventually.
IMO Muscovy/Russia is the best one for new players, since Muscovy/Russia is the only major nation that heavily utilizes every single game mechanic - and it doesn't dump them all on the player, they need to be fully exploited as time progresses. Muscovy starts off needing to utilize rivalry and diplomacy to diplomatically unify the smaller Russian states and militarily isolate/conquer Novgorod, and will eventually need a Baltic fleet to ward off Teutonic and Swedish navies. As it expands southwards and eastwards it will need to utilize religious and culture mechanics, need to check its aggressive expansion if it goes westwards, and as Byzantium falls it needs to utilize religious mechanics like defender of the faith to protect the balkan orthodox states from Austrian and Turkish rivals. Capable of expanding in all directions (except north) Russia has plenty of options for new players to pick from, owing to its gargantuan size its hard for Russia to enter a death spiral even if every major power declares war on it, its large army allows for mistakes to be made, it utilizes both colonization and later on colonial nations at Alaska and eventually forms its own massive trade network, it uses naval mechanics in the Med and Baltic and has the best estate mechanics with cossacks. Last but not least it utilizes westernization, but is in the eastern tech group so doesn't really need to westernize if the newby is scared too much of the mechanic

I've gotten advertisements* for dresses, and been like "Ooh, this is pretty, I want - wait, I don't wear dresses. Maybe get a kilt for summer, me?"
* email, like, from Amazon
Haha that reminds me of how my adverts all used to be islamic until one day I kept researching fashion terminology, textiles terminology and processes and fashion examples in order to better explain and understand the significance of a 200 year old silk-damask dress. By the time I was done all of my adverts switched to those expectant of a bride shopping for her wedding

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179133 on: December 30, 2016, 05:08:17 pm »

Due to some meme-stuff, my friends had a lot of arabic-language ads for a while.
Mine were mostly spanish, heheh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179134 on: December 30, 2016, 05:30:16 pm »

snip

oh shit, yeah, i totally forgot about muscovy

i got turned off of orthodox nations pretty hard from back when patriarch authority lowered tax income, but it's definitely a good one for beginners

russia is also THE objectively best nation to play if you want to get the biggest name on the map as easily and as quickly as possible

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179135 on: December 30, 2016, 11:10:58 pm »

I often leave Sunless Sea running in the background, and apparently the pops and drips of the zee keep my speakers from sleeping.
This is actually a huge convenience to me.

Not to mention actually playing the game, which often renders new... aheh.... z-stories, which I can share with my friends.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179136 on: December 31, 2016, 03:53:29 am »

The emptiness of this train carriage is beautiful, at least compared to the last one I was in.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #179137 on: December 31, 2016, 04:59:16 am »

Due to some meme-stuff, my friends had a lot of arabic-language ads for a while.
Mine were mostly spanish, heheh.
We Are Number One Except Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #179138 on: December 31, 2016, 05:32:03 am »

hey what I got mobile data hooray

Happy new years

Also @dress/skirt talk
I wear semi-opaque tights underneath dresses bc
1. Its warmer
2. my legs are hairy and I cant be bothered shaving most of the time
3. People compliment my tights and they show off my legs more than not wearing anything

As in, they accentuate them

Anyway, im happy that I can talk to friends again

And that I wrote things and they were very appreciated and yey.

Plus, playing starbound to 3am is a bad idea, but entertaining nonetheless
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179139 on: December 31, 2016, 08:52:12 am »

Happy New Year, cunts!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #179140 on: December 31, 2016, 10:45:04 am »

Goblin Slayer updated!

Also, Happy New Years you fink-rats!
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #179141 on: December 31, 2016, 11:55:38 am »

I actually did get cake for birthday. Late, but w/e.
And its homemade, not store bought :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #179142 on: December 31, 2016, 02:02:50 pm »

Happy New Year from Siberia, tovarichi!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #179143 on: December 31, 2016, 02:04:48 pm »

Happy New Year from Siberia, tovarichi!

И Вас также. Из столицы Вам наши поздравления!
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179144 on: December 31, 2016, 02:19:18 pm »

Happy New Years to all you folks on the other side of the Pacific~
Still about 13 hours left for us though :I

Happy:
My access to internet connection has been horribly shaky lately (sorry to all the people I haven't been able to reply to in PMs, btw. I read them all though ;)). However, it is a well-known fact that in the wild Caroline will naturally seek out internet sources and nest in them. So, here I am, in my comfy little internest :P
Also, I'm pretty much finished applying to colleges! And now I have some free time~ And videogames~

Yay! :D
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 11941 11942 [11943] 11944 11945 ... 13326