Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11911 11912 [11913] 11914 11915 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15804092 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GOOD JOKE?] Find pants elevator! (Happy thread)
« Reply #178680 on: December 08, 2016, 04:46:49 pm »

Hey everyone. My life has been pretty happy lately. I'm not exactly sure what has changed. Maybe it's because I've finally settled into my unwired lifestyle and I'm finally reaping the fruit of undistracted happiness that comes with it, even though I'm still as solitary and pathetic as I've always been. Perhaps it is because I've made a better habit of going to the classes at the Y, and have simply accepted that the evil female instructor that I initially thought wanted to kill me is perhaps only mostly evil and her attempts to kill me are slowly making me stronger and healthier. Perhaps it is something as simple as having fallen into a routine, and with that routine I've acquired stability, and for those that have had an unstable and chaotic upbringing, suddenly having the world be consistent and coherent is a godsend that nothing can compare to.

It could even be something as benign as the fact that winter is settling in, and I feel oddly enlivened and refreshed by cold weather, even though it is much more troublesome than non-asshole seasons. There's just something inexplicably validating by refusing to turn my furnace on, having the inside of my apartment get chilly enough that all my extremities are freezing cold to the touch, and still relaxing comfortably in the nude after taking a shower.

Whatever it is, it's quite nice. I hope it lasts a while and doesn't crash down like my periods of happiness have had a tendency to do throughout my life.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #178681 on: December 08, 2016, 04:50:56 pm »

Almost forgot until someone reminded me. All I want is a boot to the head.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178682 on: December 08, 2016, 04:59:44 pm »

Well wishes on this anniversary!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #178683 on: December 08, 2016, 05:03:45 pm »

Tacos for dinner last night, tacos for breakfast this morning. Today shall be a good day.
Your taco post inspired me to make tacos of my own!

They are delicious.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #178684 on: December 08, 2016, 05:12:17 pm »

And so Taco beget Taco.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178685 on: December 08, 2016, 05:20:51 pm »

Almost forgot until someone reminded me. All I want is a boot to the head.

Well ain't that a kick in the head.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #178686 on: December 08, 2016, 05:25:38 pm »

Happy Bootday!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178687 on: December 08, 2016, 06:05:06 pm »

sometimes things just go right

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178688 on: December 08, 2016, 06:25:37 pm »

Yesterday's tabletop game was especially horrific, in good ways.  And once the GM fell asleep we did another 6-ish hours of just finding cool science stuff on Wikipedia and talking about it.  Strange elements, the nuclear fad, Apollo missions, KSP, how the Earth would look from near the "dark" side of Luna, and finally a while of just giggling at pretty crystal structures.

My best friend and I (:  With my other good friend snoring into the microphone and occasionally rising to near consciousness, making a contribution to the conversation made of words we had said but not in the proper order, then falling back asleep.

Arizona Ice Tea Zero is fucking awesome.  I probably had a lot last night-morning, but I'm not going to say it was too much.  Good times.  I was sober, not counting caffeine-charged drowsiness, by my own rule.  My friends reaped the benefits of being able to moderate a buzz :P

Oh also the GM, who I used to have a little crush on, recommended Fallen London.  Lo and behold, it actually lives up to the hype.  IE it probably sucks ass if you don't like reading.
I like reading.
a lot
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #178689 on: December 08, 2016, 06:34:36 pm »

I just dropped my player in a tesseract rubix cube.

Shit's about to get horrendously complex. :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178690 on: December 08, 2016, 10:06:22 pm »

I just dropped my player in a tesseract rubix cube.

Shit's about to get horrendously complex. :P
This complex?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178691 on: December 09, 2016, 12:08:06 am »

Hey everyone. My life has been pretty happy lately.
That's great to hear, Josh! :)
Keep up the good work, and if things ever do get tough again just remember that you now know for a fact that they get better. Learning to accept one's self for who they are seems like it must be a pretty healthy step forward for anyone, really.

Although the "cold apartment" part sounds rather horrifying to me... last night's rooftop chills with a few friends were far more literal than I would have liked. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #178692 on: December 09, 2016, 02:27:40 am »

Something bay12ers should appreciate. Someone built a working Atari 2600 emulator using Minecraft blocks.
This post led me on a magical journey where I learned about physical computing by watching a couple dozen videos and ended with concluding I MUST obtain a Raspberry Pi so I can hook it up to an RGB display and code it to reflect what I'm drawing in real time.

Thank you Reelya, this is a historical moment in my life.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178693 on: December 09, 2016, 02:58:08 am »

Something bay12ers should appreciate. Someone built a working Atari 2600 emulator using Minecraft blocks.
This post led me on a magical journey where I learned about physical computing by watching a couple dozen videos and ended with concluding I MUST

build the analytical engine?

obtain a Raspberry Pi

Oh.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #178694 on: December 09, 2016, 03:51:56 am »

Uber is going well.  I keep getting better at optimizing.  I'm up to about $16/hour average across all my time logged on the app.  That's without factoring in promotions.

Tonight was my first time uber driving in the snow.  Turns out to be worth it, because there are few other uber drivers around.  So there's little time between pick-ups, higher frequency of surge, and people seem more grateful and likely to tip than usual.  Made $65 in 3 hours.  $20 in tips.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 11911 11912 [11913] 11914 11915 ... 13325