Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11869 11870 [11871] 11872 11873 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15805225 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #178050 on: November 18, 2016, 10:55:01 am »

Anecdotal evidence is best evidence.

Caffeine can mess with sleep, and the withdrawals are unpleasant.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178051 on: November 18, 2016, 10:58:05 am »

I don't care if you drink, just don't lie and say that it's "good for you" or something stupid like that. It's something I hate. I'm just... sorta impassioned about this subject.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178052 on: November 18, 2016, 10:59:23 am »

Alcohol's pretty all right if you drink responsibly. It's something most people can manage - the ones that can't, however, can turn pretty goddamn tragic with age. A lot of the "alcohol is evil" talk these days comes from a place of personal experience. It's not the whole story, but you shouldn't ever doubt that you can get completely fucked by the habit (middle age has a way of taking no prisoners with this), and that a distressingly large amount of people do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178053 on: November 18, 2016, 10:59:40 am »

I would like to respond to that, but unfortunately the only way to respond to such idiocy would also fall quite clearly outside the realm of "chill".
I can tack up a lot of what people say as idiocy and people still bother to entertain it. The difference is that I know and have seen that alcohol has nearly no positives.
Whatever you say, kid. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178054 on: November 18, 2016, 11:15:41 am »

Alcohol's pretty all right if you drink responsibly. It's something most people can manage - the ones that can't, however, can turn pretty goddamn tragic with age. A lot of the "alcohol is evil" talk these days comes from a place of personal experience. It's not the whole story, but you shouldn't ever doubt that you can get completely fucked by the habit (middle age has a way of taking no prisoners with this), and that a distressingly large amount of people do.
So why do people just gloss over it and whine when more people get destroyed by the habit? In an ideal world it'd be better to let people who can handle it drink, and ban it from those who can't, but that's not possible, so it's better to be more heavy handed with this.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 11:28:06 am by BlackHeartKabal »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178055 on: November 18, 2016, 11:31:45 am »

So why do people just gloss over it and whine when more people get destroyed by the habit?

Because it's not a problem that affects most people. Although about 5% of the world's population are alcoholics (more in U.S. and Europe, especially in Eastern Europe), much of this isn't very visible. Social drinking, meanwhile, is ubiquitous, and for some reason most people don't want to get lumped in with degenerate substance abusers for engaging in a ritual that is more often than not entirely harmless to them personally. And sometimes especially if it's harmful to them personally, in the "I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM YOU HAVE A PROBLEM" kind of sense.

On a simpler level, being outspoken about not liking things is a quick way to earn enmity from your peers. And not liking a thing that pretty much everybody else in a given group likes and partakes of is the fast track to exclusion.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #178056 on: November 18, 2016, 11:52:02 am »

So why do people just gloss over it and whine when more people get destroyed by the habit?
And not liking a thing that pretty much everybody else in a given group likes and partakes of is the fast track to exclusion.
If a given social group will reject and ostracize you just because you don't want to drink alcohol, perhaps you should find better friends.  I can honestly say I've never run into a group that wanted me to drink against my will or excluded me just because I picked water over whiskey, so people like this are astonishing to me.  I mean, if we're talking specifically about, say, wine connoisseurs, I can understand why not drinking alcohol might be a detriment to one's ability to relate, but why in the world does this apply to all group in which the majority happens to drink socially once in a while?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 11:53:54 am by Culise »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178057 on: November 18, 2016, 12:00:26 pm »

So I helped one of my sisters getting her Skyrim to startup properly. Was an issue with the ini settings, so it wasn't anything major.
I have always felt that.. I never really did enough to be the oldest of five siblings in the family.
So doing something to help my younger siblings, kind of.. feels good.

edit: I think I earned some "big bro" points for that. At least 4 or 5.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:04:56 pm by Ultimuh »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178058 on: November 18, 2016, 12:03:30 pm »

And... do you people realise how wrong that is? ???
Honestly, that kind of mentality is horrifying.   
Eh, I don't see what's so horrifying about not wanting to consume mind-impairing drugs, but whatever, it's your opinion.
Improving, not impairing. The fact that people are too attached to their opinions to even find that out for themselves is what horrifies me.
It sure does irrationally improve what people think about themselves and their oh-so-smart-drunk-statements, but it's certainly not the kind of "mind-improving" effect I'd want to feel.
._.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178059 on: November 18, 2016, 12:17:12 pm »

Well being well-versed in well-made scotch is a mark of distinction amongst many societal elites, much like wearing clothing with ties probably.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #178060 on: November 18, 2016, 12:18:55 pm »

I definitely get more pleasant and social when I drink, though I have never actually been drunk. It only takes a small amount for my intelligence to drop sharply though. :P

Also it's improving in the same way that it's easier to convince people to get their shit together when they're being hyptonized, because their brain is too impaired to be afraid of change.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:20:53 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178061 on: November 18, 2016, 12:21:14 pm »

Well being well-versed in well-made scotch is a mark of distinction amongst many societal elites, much like wearing clothing with ties probably.
I guess those are correlated, because I was soooo happy when I was no longer forced to wear clothing with ties!

In fact, just remembering it is enough to make me feel happy again.
._.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178062 on: November 18, 2016, 12:36:31 pm »

Meanwhile, I've been sober for ∞ years.
∞ soberness (brother/sister)hood unite
IcyTea31 performs the secret Sobriety Crime Squad hand sign!
Oh thank god I'm not alone.
Not only infinite soberness here, I've never had an alcoholic beverage at all!
Aye.
pyramid of soberness activate!
*does secret Sobriety Crime Squad hand sign*
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #178063 on: November 18, 2016, 12:40:07 pm »

I had a single bottle of beer in my life.

Wasn't impressed, or tempted to have another.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #178064 on: November 18, 2016, 12:51:10 pm »

And not liking a thing that pretty much everybody else in a given group likes and partakes of is the fast track to exclusion.
If a given social group will reject and ostracize you just because you don't want to drink alcohol, perhaps you should find better friends.  I can honestly say I've never run into a group that wanted me to drink against my will or excluded me just because I picked water over whiskey, so people like this are astonishing to me.  I mean, if we're talking specifically about, say, wine connoisseurs, I can understand why not drinking alcohol might be a detriment to one's ability to relate, but why in the world does this apply to all group in which the majority happens to drink socially once in a while?
Except that the context was "is vocally and virulently opposed to drinking alcohol in general" as opposed to "prefers to not consume alcohol". Nobody gives a shit whether you drink or not, but if you're vehemently telling other people that they should stop drinking and are horrible people for doing so... you're not going to have drinking buddies, lets' put it that way.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 11869 11870 [11871] 11872 11873 ... 13325