Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11865 11866 [11867] 11868 11869 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15802228 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #177990 on: November 17, 2016, 02:33:00 pm »

I found a small flashlight/laser pointer that looks like a pen in my school, and I've already been finding so many uses for it, including messing with people.
Make sure to be subtle. Lost more of those fuckers to wised-up administration back in the day than I can count.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #177991 on: November 17, 2016, 02:40:50 pm »

You're not in australia, are you? I heard rumors that those are treated as a deadly weapon in legal terms :v
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177992 on: November 17, 2016, 02:43:07 pm »

Just don't point it at an airplane - someone actually got in a lot of trouble for that, IIRC.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177993 on: November 17, 2016, 02:55:34 pm »

Yes, because it can blind the pilots.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177994 on: November 17, 2016, 03:15:46 pm »

Yes, because it can blind the pilots.
I will not even attempt to calculate how miniscule the odds of that happening are. Consider: you need to first get your beam to hit a space a square centimeter in area, in a plane high above your head, at an altitude at which the merest trembling of your wrist would translate to like a hundred meters of deviation. Second, your beam needs to avoid being dispersed in the atmosphere to a point in which it would no longer blind anybody. Third, it would need to actually blind the person - I know that when the beam of a household laser pointer just slides over your eye, you do not go blind. Fourth, that person would need to make a mistake (while being blinded in only one eye) that would be so severe that a plane designed for maximum safety and aerodynamic stability would become permanently uncontrollable.

If we consider such events in our law-making, we might as well forbid throwing rocks toward planes in case a freak gust of wind carries them right into the turbine.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177995 on: November 17, 2016, 03:17:43 pm »

There's more than just that, it can probably blind the autopilot too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177996 on: November 17, 2016, 03:22:18 pm »

There's more than just that, it can probably blind the autopilot too.
...Ah,now you're dicking with me. Sorry, I never know when to take things seriously.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177997 on: November 17, 2016, 03:33:17 pm »

Some quick googling shows that it's not actually about lasering someone's eye such that they go blind, it's more like a distracting diffuse flash each time the laser passes over the cockpit.  The windows apparently scatter it quite a bit.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/65424/what-pilots-see-when-you-shine-laser-pointer-aircraft
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177998 on: November 17, 2016, 03:43:24 pm »

Huh. That's interesting. Does it only work with those green lasers, or would a handheld red pointer be powerful enough?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #177999 on: November 17, 2016, 03:45:07 pm »

I actually learned it from Bay12? I distinctly remember Cinder referencing this at least twice in the past.
Now I have to ask Cin where they learned it.
You mean you don't click on disambiguation pages and spend half an hour reading about things ranging from ant reproduction, the Norman conquest, and pederasty, all from a single wiki walk?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178000 on: November 17, 2016, 03:51:46 pm »

I do, but not those specific topics yet. Since the election, I've been spending a ton of time here and on twitter.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #178001 on: November 17, 2016, 07:35:23 pm »

Reading the reproductive habits and anatomy section of every organism's wiki page is a favorite pastime of mine. All the stupid shit critters get up to to get it up is quite amusing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #178002 on: November 17, 2016, 08:55:19 pm »

It... it's been a long time since I've listened to merzbow. Noise music in general, for more than a few minutes. ~Twenty in right now. It's still nice ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #178003 on: November 17, 2016, 09:41:18 pm »

Reading the reproductive habits and anatomy section of every organism's wiki page is a favorite pastime of mine. All the stupid shit critters get up to to get it up is quite amusing.

I can be amused by the stupid shit humans alone get up to.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #178004 on: November 17, 2016, 10:47:29 pm »

Why would you ever pour alcohol away? Such a waste.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 11865 11866 [11867] 11868 11869 ... 13325