Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11861 11862 [11863] 11864 11865 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15800542 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #177930 on: November 16, 2016, 02:16:55 am »

Edward Elric is such an asian name.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #177931 on: November 16, 2016, 03:48:17 am »

So.... 4th session of driving for Uber.  Had a rather fucked up night.

First, I get a pick-up request out in some twisted residential neighborhood that's really difficult to find your way around.  I wait at the pick-up for a few minutes and the guy texts me "I'm at taxi pick-up".  I call him like "I don't know what you mean by taxi pick-up.  I'm in front of a house?"  Turns out he's at the airport, and the app has fucked up somehow.  I'm like 10-15 minutes from the airport at this point, so I tell him to go ahead and cancel and maybe he'll get somebody closer.  If not, I'll be on my way.  A few minutes pass as I'm heading back to the airport, and I get no further requests.  So I figure he must have got someone else, and I stop for gas.

After getting gas, I get like 4 requests in a row that immediately cancel on me.  Before this, I'd had that happen to me one or twice in a whole night.  Finally, I get my first genuine pick-up.  It's also near the airport.  So after dropping them off, I'm driving and looking to get back towards the airport.  The airport has rather strange rules for Uber, so I decide I'm going to go ahead and find the special waiting and pick-up areas so I know what I'm doing.  I don't bother to actually plug in directions or anything.  Just visually looking at how the streets in the area are connected and meandering my way there, because it's not like I'm in any hurry and there's no traffic around.  It's like 12:30 am at this point.

So I'm on a road that looks like it connects further up ahead to a turn I want to make.  I'm cruising along about 35 mph.  And it turns out this road just... ends... abruptly and without warning.  My map doesn't show this.  No signs.  No cones.  The area isn't well lit, so I couldn't see until it was under my headlights.  Suddenly I'm in the grass.  The road dismount wasn't too brutal.  I had time to slow down, without slamming on the brakes.  So I work on getting back on the road.

Of course, an officer pulls up as I'm turning around.  He walks up and his first words are "You been drinkin'?"  I explain what happened.  Show him the map I was going by, and what I'm out doing.  He seems really confused about what I'm doing, and obviously thinks I'm an idiot.  I miss two pick-up requests while talking to him, but I think showing him that helps.  He doesn't ask for my license or anything.  Just tells me to follow him to the airport.

So I get to the airport, and in about 15 minutes, I get a ping.  I pick up this middle-aged Indian guy with a thick accent.  He doesn't seem at all interested in talking, so I quietly get about halfway to the drop-off, which is a good half hour away.  I'm just following Google Maps directions, based on the address he plugged into his Uber app.  A couple minutes after we're off the highway, he starts questioning the route I'm taking.  He says he never takes that exit.  I have trouble understanding his accent and have to ask him to repeat himself a couple times.  He seems really annoyed, but I quickly get a handle on understanding where he wants me to go and begin following his verbal directions.  As we're going, I explain how my phone's directions are contradicting his, and show him my screen.  But I'm very apologetic about it.  He settles down a bit, and seems to understand.  Actually talks a bit about work and kids and stuff.  Then about 10 minutes later, he realizes we're going the wrong way again.  He has me stop and messes with his phone.  Suddenly, the directions he's giving me start matching up exactly with my phone's.  I think he just had his own address plugged into his device wrong the whole time.  I don't make any comment on it.  Just follow my phone the rest of the way to his house without issue.  I drop him off and give him 5-stars, because it was a simple misunderstanding and I thought he was going to be ok about it.  A few minutes later, I notice a significant hit to my driver score.  That motherfucker must have given me a really low rating over his own misunderstanding.

The happy comes in, because I get home after that and find I can adjust his rating, along with providing a narrative reason.  I drop his ass with a comment as to what happened.  Only a few minutes later, I get an e-mail confirming the adjustment, with a special note that they're loving my work in the area.  I've otherwise been top-rated, with people even taking the time to leave positive comments.  Hooray for pay and vindication.  Only a few more trips to the $350 reward, and I can throw my kids their birthday parties.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177932 on: November 16, 2016, 03:54:10 am »

Wow, hooray for the happy ending there! I was wondering where that was going; it's nice to have someone back you up against an asshole and stop them from causing you problems for no good reason. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177933 on: November 16, 2016, 04:19:04 am »

I hate live action versions of things which are trying so hard to be western and then have those awful blonde-wigged actors.
It's like, your country is full of nanban. Rope one in.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177934 on: November 16, 2016, 08:15:34 am »

Just played the OmbiBus demo. It seems to run well enough on my computer. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177935 on: November 16, 2016, 08:18:25 am »

I hate live action versions of things which are trying so hard to be western and then have those awful blonde-wigged actors.
It's like, your country is full of nanban. Rope one in.

Hey, its not nearly as bad as when the live action stuff is about the americas, any of them. Then its ganguro time all the way, fake tan japanese actors with blonde wigs and cartoonish forced accents.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177936 on: November 16, 2016, 08:28:06 am »

Ahhh, I dunno, the anime seems to be set in vague not!Germany. It'd probably be too hard to cast a whole bunch of germans, so most people gota be Japanese, so Edward would just stick out even more if he was German and everyone else was Japanese, so I think a Japanese actor is the right choice. Howeverrrrrr, the hair does look a bit silly. You'd think they could get someone with long hair and dye it or something?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #177937 on: November 16, 2016, 09:06:09 am »

They could've just made everyone asian...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #177938 on: November 16, 2016, 10:30:09 am »

Since it's my birthday

HAPPY BERFDEY CHAIRMAN

Hey, its not nearly as bad as when the live action stuff is about the americas, any of them. Then its ganguro time all the way, fake tan japanese actors with blonde wigs and cartoonish forced accents.

Japanese actors aside, pretty much like standard Hollywood live action, then?

My thoughts on the topic at hand: "If cattle or horses or lions had hands and could make movies like men, then the horses would film movies acted by horses, and cattle by cattle, each kind, by their own"
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #177939 on: November 16, 2016, 10:31:50 am »

After many years without it, I now have a mechanical wrist watch again! Woo!
._.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #177940 on: November 16, 2016, 10:36:38 am »

I am not going to be a father right now. This is a very good thing. Two factor contraception ftw.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #177941 on: November 16, 2016, 11:37:27 am »

Ahhh, I dunno, the anime seems to be set in vague not!Germany. It'd probably be too hard to cast a whole bunch of germans, so most people gota be Japanese, so Edward would just stick out even more if he was German and everyone else was Japanese, so I think a Japanese actor is the right choice. Howeverrrrrr, the hair does look a bit silly. You'd think they could get someone with long hair and dye it or something?

Yeah, makes for a bit of a weird look.

I really enjoyed the Kenshin Live Action movies, but that's a historical(ish) piece set in Japan. I'm a bit more leery of these live action adaptations that do weird setting stuff.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #177942 on: November 16, 2016, 12:21:54 pm »

After searching around for the best printer for study use, I have procured printer.

I printed a dickbutt.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #177943 on: November 16, 2016, 12:36:17 pm »

I am proud of you, young Padawan.

* scrobi wan-kenobi  gives Cinder a Force Thumbs Up
Love, scriver~

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177944 on: November 16, 2016, 01:06:08 pm »

Good job. Now glue it on your dorm wall and revere it on a daily basis.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 11861 11862 [11863] 11864 11865 ... 13325