Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11798 11799 [11800] 11801 11802 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754393 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #176985 on: October 23, 2016, 06:44:35 pm »

THATS BECAUSE THE SUN IS A DICK AND KEEPS HIDING BEHIND CLOUDS LEAVING US ALL COLD
TITHONUS RECOMMENDS THAT YOU FUCK THE SUN

at night though so your genitals stay intact
but

the sun doesn't

what is this even

simeple physics bro, simple physics

i found these from the first forum i used
Spoiler: high levels of smug (click to show/hide)
this forum, along with my little pony and minecraft, started my downfall into being a sheep-loving shitposter back when i was in the 4/5th grade

i feel happy finding the forum, but unhappy in seeing that i was the average 4th grader with an affinity for being *holds up spork*

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #176986 on: October 23, 2016, 06:58:58 pm »

I didn't really have Internet when I was in 4th/5th grade... maybe that's for better, though, because I dimly remember myself being extremely annoying to deal with back then. Even in 10th grade I was still very annoying.

It's a good thing that people grow up and stop being that annoying.
._.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #176987 on: October 23, 2016, 07:01:54 pm »

It's a good thing that people grow up and stop being that annoying.

haha yeah definitely haha happy to say that im not the same person i always was haha definitely

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #176988 on: October 23, 2016, 07:03:41 pm »

Correction: some people grow up. Others stay to be Piter Pan's best friends forever.
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176989 on: October 23, 2016, 07:03:54 pm »

Haha yep I sure am an adult now that's a real thing which I am mm-hm!
https://xkcd.com/616/

Correction: some people grow up. Others stay to be Piter Pan's best friends forever.
RUFIOOOOOOH
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176990 on: October 23, 2016, 07:17:29 pm »

The secret is that there's no such thing as being "grown up". You're just a biological-chemical-psychological-emotional system which spends a long time continuously fluctuating until it abruptly stops.

Anyone who presents themselves as having turned into a mature adult is full of shit, they've either learned how to hide themselves or turned boring.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176991 on: October 23, 2016, 08:00:32 pm »

The secret is that there's no such thing as being "grown up". You're just a biological-chemical-psychological-emotional system which spends a long time continuously fluctuating until it abruptly stops.

Anyone who presents themselves as having turned into a mature adult is full of shit, they've either learned how to hide themselves or turned boring.
Depends on your definition of mature adult. If that is "somebody who pays their own damn bills, buys their own damn food with money they damn well made, doesn't depend on others for basic material needs" then you can sure as hell present yourself as a mature adult. I realize that's an entirely different approach, though.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #176992 on: October 23, 2016, 08:18:48 pm »

When you pass a certain point, you either become mature adult, or you become a spoiled brat. That is what growing up means.
Love, scriver~

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176993 on: October 23, 2016, 08:21:11 pm »

Haha yep I sure am an adult now that's a real thing which I am mm-hm!
https://xkcd.com/616/

Depends on your definition of mature adult. If that is "somebody who pays their own damn bills, buys their own damn food with money they damn well made, doesn't depend on others for basic material needs" then you can sure as hell present yourself as a mature adult. I realize that's an entirely different approach, though.
When you pass a certain point, you either become mature adult, or you become a spoiled brat. That is what growing up means.

Spoiler: ADULTHOOD (click to show/hide)

There's no magical Certain Point, in my experience. People never truly stop growing up... life is a long process of being wrong about things and figuring new stuff out and changing in little or major ways. Some people just get set in their ways until something significant enough to shake up their complacency happens.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 08:25:41 pm by Solifuge »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #176994 on: October 23, 2016, 08:48:52 pm »

"People never stop growing up"

A look at some of my classmates would make you doubt the veracity of that statement.

Hell, a look at me could make you doubt the veracity of that statement.

But again, there's no specific definition of adulthood, is there?

Speaking of adulthood and xkcd comics:

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #176995 on: October 23, 2016, 09:14:27 pm »

Adulthood: That point when you realise the playpen balls were only metaphorical, and that if you actually did that in real life it would be the opposite of adulthood.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #176996 on: October 23, 2016, 09:15:52 pm »

Because being an adult means having a massive stick up your arse.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176997 on: October 23, 2016, 09:17:28 pm »

I always felt it was something like this:

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176998 on: October 23, 2016, 09:19:11 pm »

This whole growing up thing sounds like it's gonna suck, what with the banking and the doing things and the responsibility.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176999 on: October 23, 2016, 09:24:17 pm »

Being an adult means constantly talking about how much of an adult you are, obviously.  ::)

More seriously, what Solifuge said is what I was getting at. Life is a process, not a series of checkpoints which you step between neatly. All of that stuff you cited as being an adult? No, that's stuff that comes with being a functioning member of modern society. By your definition anyone who is unable to care for themselves because of old age, injury, mental disability, &c. isn't a "real adult", which is obviously bullshit.

There is no magic point where you suddenly become an adult. Unless you're a war orphan who watched their parents be killed before his eyes and had to raise younger siblings alone, then you might have a leg to stand on (or not, 'cause, y'know, war orphan). There is, I would say, a point where you realize that at some undetermined point in the past you became an adult. It's a state of mind, and not one you really notice unless you're regretting your misspent youth or some shit. Or maybe it's the point in your life where you bluster about doin' muh adult things that only real adults do and anyone who questions that mentality obviously isn't doing the same stuff.

Besides, I know a goddamn heaping pile of people who pay rent, buy groceries, &-fuckin'-c. who behave like they're in high school, and I'm willing to bet that just about everyone else does as well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 11798 11799 [11800] 11801 11802 ... 13325