Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11743 11744 [11745] 11746 11747 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15767222 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: [*Licklick*] An eyeball or doorknob is fine too (Happy thread)
« Reply #176160 on: October 02, 2016, 06:49:21 am »

If you're a casual like me, you can just think of them as the G Clef and the F Clef (hehe) instead. :v

However I don't think it's actually possible for a human to play a transverse flute-type instrument in bass clef ranges, so I have completely rusted over at reading it sine my piano days.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #176161 on: October 02, 2016, 06:57:29 am »

I feel so silly for trying this but I made a stupid attempt to do at least my favorite of the Labryth of souls portraits in super low res 16 color 22 pixel style.

Spoiler: Bad art in here (click to show/hide)

I think you did a pretty good job, actually.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176162 on: October 02, 2016, 06:57:57 am »

If you're a casual like me, you can just think of them as the G Clef and the F Clef (hehe) instead. :v

However I don't think it's actually possible for a human to play a transverse flute-type instrument in bass clef ranges, so I have completely rusted over at reading it sine my piano days.

As someone who's tried that with a flute, no. Then again, my flute may be a piece of crap since it's very hard to play the lower end of treble clef; anything below a low G doesn't make a sound. And I might not be fully understanding of what is being suggested.

...I should probably try and pick up the flute again. The practice might reverse some of the repetitive-stress damage my job is causing my fingers(and possibly lungs).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #176163 on: October 02, 2016, 07:07:02 am »

A baroque flute (I think that's the most common variety. My music history may be failing me) can only play to a middle C. There is no way to coax a sound any lower than a B# at the absolute lowest out of it, and you'll only get that far with really, really good embouchure if you're staying in tune.

I think you get a B/B flat foot, which will let you go down to whichever it is. I forget.

However, even if you did have a large enough flute to play something meaningfully represented on the bass clef, it would be unplayable because the physics breaks down. :v

Then again, my flute may be a piece of crap since it's very hard to play the lower end of treble clef; anything below a low G doesn't make a sound.

If it makes no sound other than breath noise, you likely just need more practice (unless you can manage it on other flutes). If it reaches a low G/G# and then no lower, make sure the G# lever isn't jammed and the pads are all healthy. My flute can't get past the third octave G because it's got a busted pad on one of the very high pads.

Poor thing really needs a service, but I don't have the money to fork out right now. ;_;

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #176164 on: October 02, 2016, 07:22:41 am »

Any images of the theme? That sounds like it might be interesting looking really.
I can send you screenshots, but sadly the website bugged the upload. That is to say, I could make one fairly easily, even non-Undertale. It's quite fun.

Also, @TBF I would, but I'm currently on mobile.

In other happies

Well, it was mlre bittersweet. Finished a really good book, The Trees by Ali Shaw, and the ending itself was bittersweet, combined with the regular bittersweetness of finishing a good book. Now i feel kinda lonely, and I have a sudden want to get more in touch with nature. Parks, ahoy!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:24:39 am by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176165 on: October 02, 2016, 07:29:21 am »

Well, here is one thing I can say for this morning that made me happy. The air cool, but not too chilly. Sitting on my back porch smoking a cigarette, a butterfly landing on my arm and didn't move. It looked tired and in need of water. So I waited a bit, and eventually with a small nudge sent the butterfly on its way. We did get some rain last night it seems. So that's a good thing too.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176166 on: October 02, 2016, 07:33:35 am »

Well, here is one thing I can say for this morning that made me happy. The air cool, but not too chilly. Sitting on my back porch smoking a cigarette, a butterfly landing on my arm and didn't move. It looked tired and in need of water. So I waited a bit, and eventually with a small nudge sent the butterfly on its way. We did get some rain last night it seems. So that's a good thing too.

Are you a Disney Princess?

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #176167 on: October 02, 2016, 07:43:16 am »

>butterfly friends
>smokes ciggarettes

Duh, what else would they be
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #176168 on: October 02, 2016, 07:43:46 am »

>butterfly friends
>smokes ciggarettes

Gandalf.

It's kinda bad that there's such a thin line between "Disney Princess" and "Gandalf."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #176169 on: October 02, 2016, 07:44:46 am »

I just heard the recording of myself singing live a couple of days ago. My tuning was almost perfect almost all the time. Feelin' pretty proud of myself right now.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176170 on: October 02, 2016, 07:52:32 am »

Are you a Disney Princess?
lol no I just thought it was cool

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176171 on: October 02, 2016, 08:09:09 am »

>butterfly friends
>smokes ciggarettes

Gandalf.

It's kinda bad that there's such a thin line between "Disney Princess" and "Gandalf."
* Sirus whispers "It's the beards"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #176172 on: October 02, 2016, 08:58:07 am »

I feel so silly for trying this but I made a stupid attempt to do at least my favorite of the Labryth of souls portraits in super low res 16 color 22 pixel style.

Spoiler: Bad art in here (click to show/hide)

I think you did a pretty good job, actually.
Do more, GC! :D I love it when people do try out stuff and create art \o/ even if the starting stuff isn't something they think they'd hang on a wall for generations to come.

Soooo...happy stuffs happened. My sister came up a week ago for preparation of giving birth. Our youngest niece also got sick, and had to be confined because she wouldn't drink the medicine (Grr bad-tasting medicine! :I ). A week later and we now have another niece \o/ with her father's birthday right after hers (today).
Also our next-to-youngest niece is now getting better and will be out of the hospital (and scary needles ;~;) tomorrow! The whole family (us and my sister's family) celebrated a nice birthday party in the hospital and brightened the day of our second-youngest niece.

Also she likes being around me a lot ._. As in, a lot. o_o Aaaaa. All the hugs. :'(
Now I understand those puppy-dog eyes. I can't say NO to anything D: (and then I become her pillow or be asked to sit by her and many stuffs)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 09:31:46 am by Tiruin »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176173 on: October 02, 2016, 09:19:39 am »

Then again, my flute may be a piece of crap since it's very hard to play the lower end of treble clef; anything below a low G doesn't make a sound.

If it makes no sound other than breath noise, you likely just need more practice (unless you can manage it on other flutes). If it reaches a low G/G# and then no lower, make sure the G# lever isn't jammed and the pads are all healthy. My flute can't get past the third octave G because it's got a busted pad on one of the very high pads.

Poor thing really needs a service, but I don't have the money to fork out right now. ;_;

Nah, it's at least 15 years old, probably older. I've only ever taken it in for service once, and hadn't really done so again since the last time I did, they did a bunch of other things they were not told to do and charged us through the ass for it. At this point, it's probably cheaper to get a new one. Amazon has a similar model for about $100.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #176174 on: October 02, 2016, 01:06:46 pm »

Nah, it's at least 15 years old, probably older. I've only ever taken it in for service once, and hadn't really done so again since the last time I did, they did a bunch of other things they were not told to do and charged us through the ass for it. At this point, it's probably cheaper to get a new one. Amazon has a similar model for about $100.

Fascinating. Would you mind trying to describe the quality of the mechanism? My current flute cost a little less than that second-hand, battered, and from a guy who knew nothing about flutes (and I still feel kind of bad about the fact that he could have sold it at twice the price). I see a Mendini on Amazon for a shockingly low price, but I can only assume the sound quality is mediocre and the mechanism is clunky.

I just heard the recording of myself singing live a couple of days ago. My tuning was almost perfect almost all the time. Feelin' pretty proud of myself right now.
How do you feel about how you sound from recordings and how you hear yourself?

I have enough practice that I can generally hear myself somewhere approximately as well live as on a recording. It depends on a lot of factors, though.

Pages: 1 ... 11743 11744 [11745] 11746 11747 ... 13325