Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11697 11698 [11699] 11700 11701 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15776682 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [TURBOAWOO] That one time Inubashiri Momiji committed mass murder (Happy thread)
« Reply #175470 on: September 12, 2016, 02:20:51 pm »

Tiramisu is made and in the fridge, waiting for it to set. It... doesn't look like any tiramisu I've ever had, but that's probably because I omitted the alcoholic ingredients. The component ingredients were good though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: [TURBOAWOO] That one time Inubashiri Momiji committed mass murder (Happy thread)
« Reply #175471 on: September 12, 2016, 02:23:29 pm »

Randomly heard chiptune on the Belgian national radio, even heard a couple of names I recognise from the belgian chipscene facebook group... That was a surprise :D

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175472 on: September 12, 2016, 03:38:59 pm »

For anyone interested, my uber weekend finished up with a 16 hour sleep.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175473 on: September 12, 2016, 10:07:20 pm »

Dangit, y'all dorks in the photo thread, making me feel generally less anxious about body image and shit. ><;

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #175474 on: September 12, 2016, 10:17:59 pm »

Well it's true.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #175475 on: September 12, 2016, 10:39:38 pm »

Well it's true.
Yes. I'm jelly. :I
And I don't know if it's nice to be gelatin about it, but my opinion is as stable as wobbling jelly. :I It wobbles! But never topples!

3 day "weekend" to destress ;~; Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday! Because we've got Saturday classes.
Heavy rain + sneezing colds + recently banished molds from my room and most of our home = :))
I now don't have to wake up with a coughing fit everyday until sundown!

Hopefully I can get back to my forumstuffs here ._.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175476 on: September 12, 2016, 10:44:35 pm »

Dangit, y'all dorks in the photo thread, making me feel generally less anxious about body image and shit. ><;
I WANNA TOUCH YOUR GOT DANG FACE D:<

with like

a hug or something

how do you affection
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #175477 on: September 12, 2016, 10:55:19 pm »

idubbbz

gosh i hope this completely destroys leafy's career

normally i'm not that spiteful, but i've had to personally deal with his fans, and, like, wow

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175478 on: September 12, 2016, 11:10:26 pm »

Content starts at 2:18
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #175479 on: September 13, 2016, 01:20:24 am »

I couldn't give less of a fuck about youtube drama shit.  If it turned out Leafy cooked and ate h3h3's wife on Keemstar's twitch stream I still wouldn't give a fuck about this asinine shit.

My job's starting to get routine now.  I've been there almost two weeks and they've put me on closing kitchen which is a pretty easy job aside from cleaning out the fryers.  I clocked almost 60 hours last week as the lowest seniority employee.  Applying as open availability in an understaffed department pays off I guess.

I got a PS3 with my first paycheck and now I'm playing through all the games that were cool five years ago or more.  It's kind of confusing going from games that came out a few years ago to games as old as Oblivion, Jesus Christ the last console generation lasted for centuries.

The Last of Us is okay I guess.  I'm not buying super into the story but maybe I"m just jaded on zombies.  Cordyceps zombies strikes me as really fucking stupid.  I would've actually liked it better if it was just some unknown fungus, that'd give it a little more plausibility than That Bug Mushroom You Read About on Cracked.

The gameplay when it's humans is pretty cool, it has that dirty feel I've mentioned occasionally in gaming threads, where it feels desperate and gnarly and random dudes don't act like trained soldiers.  Was down to one hit left and just two rounds in my bolt action rifle against one other guy.  I couldn't find him so I was creeping around until I managed to flank and tag him with one shot, used the blood and the sound of his panting to track him to the next hiding spot where I took him out.  Fun shit.

But against zombies it fucking sucks.  I like the way the zombies work in practice but the pure stealth gameplay is straight out of fucking Jedi Outcast.  If one zombie spots you the entire zone immediately knows where you are, despite many of them being actually blind.  And I say zone because the stealth sections are really obviously sectioned off, where you can have a massive gun battle in one room and then the zombies in the next room apparently didn't hear anything.

Everything outside the combat is pretty dumb too.  Maybe I'll get invested in the story at some point but the storytelling is still at the same basic as hell level as every other video game story, just like the telltale games which also get praised for their storytelling.  Two people slowly walk somewhere while saying the plot at each other.  Intersperse dumbass puzzle sections (press triangle to make the girl get the ladder, or get the ladder yourself and put it where it needs to go, which is five feet away) and an occasionally interesting combat sequence, and there's the game.

---------

I also got uncharted but I feel like there's something wrong with my disk.  I figured the game would have a pretty fast pace but right now it's so breakneck I don't know what the fuck is going on.  I feel like there are parts of the game missing.  We start out on a boat getting a book out of a coffin and then there's pirates, and now some guy named Sully is here and now we're going to El Dorado because the book said so(?!)  I feel like this game is trying to do an in medias res thing but it's not working here.  I like stories that are told through action instead of through Plot Hallways, but I guess they're not doing enough with the limited time they're giving themselves to make me know what's going on.  It feels incomplete.

--------

And UFC Undisputed 3 kicks ass.  Sometimes I just want to knock a dude down and then punch him in the face until it's not a face anymore.  I didn't like the submission system at first but I think it's as good as such a system's going to get in a video game.  The older games like Sudden Impact captured the sudden brutality of submissions by making them a timing-based counter, so you could slip up and be submitted in an instant, but that just meant every match ended by submission in the first round.  The minigame makes it feel like pro wrestling but at least there's some room for error and it makes you work for them more.  Just getting mount and going for a choke isn't going to do much but wearing him down for a while makes it easier, or you can work for a more effective submission that's harder to pull off.
Shoes...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #175480 on: September 13, 2016, 01:24:18 am »

I couldn't give less of a fuck about youtube drama shit.  If it turned out Leafy cooked and ate h3h3's wife on Keemstar's twitch stream I still wouldn't give a fuck about this asinine shit.

And some people don't feel that way, so could you not join the rest of the forum in telling me nobody gives a shit about anything I give a shit about?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #175481 on: September 13, 2016, 01:41:25 am »

Have you considered that when everyone else seems like an asshole, odds are the asshole is you?

Serious question. The only reason I'm chiming in on this at all is I don't think it's appropriate to be happy about something so spiteful and put it on here.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:43:05 am by Gunner-Chan »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #175482 on: September 13, 2016, 02:02:56 am »

I know you're the thread creator and obviously are fully allowed to have more clout on the issue of what's appropriate here (and I support that fully, no complaints about it), but I'm really unsure as to why it's okay to give me shit about being petty as hell1 and yet not just let "i'm completely wasted on a life-ruining drug LOL" slide in here but (and not you specifically here, just a general sentiment) give people shit for thinking that's not an okay thing to say?

And since that's obviously a deflection only minorly related to the topic: no, it actually does seem to be a weirdly large amount of people acting outright hostile to petty topics of conversation here. I don't act hostile to other people's petty issues etc. because I'm not an asshole. I never even thought twice about drunkposting in here until I was told just now that that's acceptable but "ludicrously prolific and popular cyberbully getting roasted" isn't.

1which is something I would readily admit at this point; my main disagreement here seems to be whether petty things are worth talking about at all, which other people seem to think they aren't, which is too bad since I'm a boring fuck and don't have anything that isn't petty to talk about in anything

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175483 on: September 13, 2016, 02:16:06 am »

*Shrug*.
I don't know leafy. I don't know idubbz.
I still clicked the link. I still got half a thrill from what appears to be a roasting.

Cthulhu was probably too brutal with you when he said that youtube drama is beneath him, but it's not something that needs an escalation even further beyond that.
It's beneath a lot of people. It's somehow more petty than people magazine.

Edit: Either way, please don't antagonise GC any more or the thread will almost certainly get locked.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:21:33 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #175484 on: September 13, 2016, 02:19:13 am »

Cthulhu was probably too brutal with you when he said that youtube drama is beneath him

probably not tbh, it's just that it's only been, like, a day or two? since last time I got into an argument over people saying I shouldn't give a shit about the things I do, so it struck a nerve

It's beneath a lot of people. It's somehow more petty than people magazine.

I mean, I did say in that post that I'm happy because I've had to deal with his fans. It starts getting annoying when you have to on the regular delete posts saying "kys (insult)" (and the insults are myriad).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:20:50 am by Putnam »
Pages: 1 ... 11697 11698 [11699] 11700 11701 ... 13325