Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11696 11697 [11698] 11699 11700 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15776928 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [TURBOAWOO] That one time Inubashiri Momiji committed mass murder (Happy thread)
« Reply #175455 on: September 11, 2016, 05:20:17 am »

If we killed all the gods, would there be no more heresy?
What if we worship heresy?

Then you wouldn't have a problem with a mission to kill your object of worship.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: [TURBOAWOO] That one time Inubashiri Momiji committed mass murder (Happy thread)
« Reply #175456 on: September 11, 2016, 07:06:11 am »

So the week of feelings-jamming and nerding out with dad is drawing to an end, and he happens to share some free form jazz
And I just get so happy because he accidentally mirrored a certain situation

I think he was a little surprised and happy that I was so into it (:
I honestly was, though.  Thing is, I already appreciate free form jazz thanks to that silly short.
I may have been too into Homestuck at some point the last... 5 years apparently, and It Don't Stop.
I know this is mostly phrased like that because of the reference and I'm probably being an ass, but...

Thelonius Monk isn't nearly the weirdest Jazz can get.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175457 on: September 11, 2016, 12:03:52 pm »

Have had an insane weekend.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Was driving to work and had a realization. My weekend- every weekend, is 40% work, 40% pathfinder, 10% alone time and 10% sleep.
It's normally a schedule which would completely destroy me, but for some reason I'm absolutely buzzing. I'm operating on way less sleep than usual but I'm happy, and I've gotten Tons (relatively) of tiny plastic men painted this weekend despite technically having a really full schedule.

Monday is my weekend and I'm going to sleep like the dead but yeah. Considering that I habitually hate rigid schedules, having my entire weekends booked in advance is somehow really rewarding.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 12:55:14 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #175458 on: September 11, 2016, 12:40:56 pm »

After three days of suffering and sleeping like shit, I feel almost back to normal. I didn't realize how good it is to be healthy until I'm sick and miserable and unable to get any work done.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #175459 on: September 11, 2016, 04:01:48 pm »

I've been slowly making my way through Green Mars for a while, and it reminded me of how absolutely sublime the entire series is. The world and the characters feel alive like nothing I've ever read, and even in a world dominated by megacorps, it's always optimistic.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 04:11:40 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #175460 on: September 11, 2016, 04:05:15 pm »

Feeling pretty decent, despite lack of internet at home, and other troubles.

Read an excellent graphic novel in the weekend, The Sculptor

Very good.

I've also gotten back into Darkest Dungeon, and Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Good games.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #175461 on: September 11, 2016, 04:18:52 pm »

Feeling pretty decent, despite lack of internet at home, and other troubles.

Read an excellent graphic novel in the weekend, The Sculptor

Very good.

I've also gotten back into Darkest Dungeon, and Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Good games.

Take a look at Pitch Black Dungeon if you've already beaten the game once.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #175462 on: September 11, 2016, 04:43:31 pm »

AHAAAAAAAAA

I have now moved to a "new" room! I switched out with a dude who wanted to live in the newer (and noisier) building where i was living, while i was seeking out a quieter place. This room, albeit visibly a whole lot older, is already much more quiet. The biggest problem is that it apparently gets rather hot up here (and the floor looks like it might be toxic), but at least i have an office chair now instead of that plastic bullshit in the other room. Also, added bonus: Supposedly the sound proofing between rooms here is REALLY GOOD, so i could potentially use my microphone now without TOO much anxiety. ;o
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175463 on: September 11, 2016, 07:59:51 pm »

Bought some ladyfingers and marscapone cheese at the grocery store today. I'll need to get the rest of what I need tomorrow, but I'll be able make some tiramisu.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175464 on: September 11, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »

Was driving to work and had a realization. My weekend- every weekend, is 40% work, 40% pathfinder, 10% alone time and 10% sleep.
It's normally a schedule which would completely destroy me, but for some reason I'm absolutely buzzing. I'm operating on way less sleep than usual but I'm happy, and I've gotten Tons (relatively) of tiny plastic men painted this weekend despite technically having a really full schedule.

Monday is my weekend and I'm going to sleep like the dead but yeah. Considering that I habitually hate rigid schedules, having my entire weekends booked in advance is somehow really rewarding.
I know what you mean, sometimes being ridiculously busy can be actually quite nice, when you'd expect it to be terrifying/exhausting.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #175466 on: September 12, 2016, 03:11:49 am »

So I started Stranger Things. It's alright by itself, but tell you what, I haven't liked soundtrack of a movie/series that much since Tron Legacy. Really dig the modern retrowave/synthwave they weave into this thing along with songs appropriate for the time period.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175467 on: September 12, 2016, 04:08:35 am »

So I started Stranger Things. It's alright by itself, but tell you what, I haven't liked soundtrack of a movie/series that much since Tron Legacy. Really dig the modern retrowave/synthwave they weave into this thing along with songs appropriate for the time period.
Agreed, the soundtrack is really great for the most part.
The first note or two of the main theme reminded me of the Twin Peaks theme, which was certainly a good thing.

New Happy: I have a nice cold carton of iced coffee! Woo! Tasty! ^-^   
Booze is Life for Yoink

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #175468 on: September 12, 2016, 07:11:49 am »

Stranger Things was quite good.  Nothing terribly original about the plot or anything, but fantastic presentation.  I was especially impressed with the actress who played 11
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175469 on: September 12, 2016, 08:21:15 am »

Yeah, all the child actors were impressive.
Which is... well, pretty fortunate given that the show had so many child actors. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 11696 11697 [11698] 11699 11700 ... 13325