Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11692 11693 [11694] 11695 11696 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779422 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [TURBOAWOO] That one time Inubashiri Momiji committed mass murder (Happy thread)
« Reply #175395 on: September 09, 2016, 07:34:57 pm »

Also how can they be bisexual with only a single sex?
Pearl [said gem in question] has been in relationships with both humans and gems, I believe.
Ah, so... xenosexual doesn't work, it implies exclusivity.

That's actually an interesting thought. What would you call someone who is attracted to both sapient aliums and their own species? Might be a more appropriate application of pansexual.

I was thinking the same, actually.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TURBOAWOO] That one time Inubashiri Momiji committed mass murder (Happy thread)
« Reply #175396 on: September 09, 2016, 07:37:28 pm »

Realistically speaking, for two species from different worlds to be able to agree on something that constitutes "sex" would require some extreme convergent evolution.

Which could be the way of the universe, but nothing we know says it should be.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #175397 on: September 09, 2016, 08:46:31 pm »

Owl convinced me to watch chip, void and friends do the gextra life stream thing on youtube.

This is kind of great.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #175398 on: September 09, 2016, 08:53:36 pm »

Steven Universe is probably the most gayest educational show I know that involve aliens and magic.
I have been introduced to this and it's very awesome o_o
Although I only have to watch it on Youtube since I'm totally unaware of the time it shows in the Philippines on Cartoon Network.
Also pretty awesome artstyle right next to pokemon, but really smooth-er!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175399 on: September 09, 2016, 09:29:31 pm »

Realistically speaking, for two species from different worlds to be able to agree on something that constitutes "sex" would require some extreme convergent evolution.

Which could be the way of the universe, but nothing we know says it should be.
If it has a hole...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175400 on: September 09, 2016, 09:36:46 pm »

I have started watching SAO abridged.   Despite the original SAO being something that should have been right up my alley I stopped watching sometime around the dragon girl.  Not really being able to put my finger on why I didn't like it.  I just didn't.

I think I like psychopath Kirito far better than the original. 
"Oh that's cute you think they are a threat.  Step back and watch the show. Careful, first 3 rows are a splash zone."
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #175401 on: September 09, 2016, 09:47:30 pm »

I think that was one of his greatest moments
I say one of because there are more
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #175402 on: September 09, 2016, 10:24:05 pm »

"Beastiality" doesn't strike me as the right word, though. That should be reserved for "interactions" with non-sapient life.
You could still expect it to be used, especially by xenophobic prudes and some of whatever approaches their position. Bloody word was bandied about about friggin' humans, nevermind things that actually aren't.

Incidentally I think the word is xenophile, it just happens to also be used (and probably more often, to boot) to denote an attitude less... carnal.

And yeah, convergent evolution would be needed for reproduction, not stimulation. Humans being humans and intelligence being intelligence, if it's not literally deadly (and probably if it is, too, with proper equipment), the latter will happen. Probably quite quickly if there's not some serious psychological mismatch or somethin'. I'd wager there's probably at least a few hundred thousand folks alive today that would go down on a xenomorph if it didn't kill 'em and some fraction that would even if it did, but it's probably best to mention that no further

Honestly, it's one of the things I think I like most about my species. Sooner or later we will poke it with a stick, try to eat it, and/or try to use it for (self)pleasure (not necessarily in that order). The only exceptions being things that kill us before we can get close enough to try, and even that's increasingly less absolute as our technological prowess grows.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:26:40 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #175403 on: September 09, 2016, 10:27:28 pm »

You're not thinking widely enough about the possibilities of life. Another species might not even have the idea of sexuality, which is itself entirely a specific and limited evolutionary construct, much less have biological compatibility.

Reproduction with another species is capital-I impossible and not even worth bringing into this conversation.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #175404 on: September 09, 2016, 10:29:06 pm »

More like you're not thinking widely enough about the insistence of the human species at buggering literally everything. Even if they don't, some sort of arrangement would probably be attempted. Maybe it would be one-sided and more like screwing a tree. That has not stopped our species.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:31:10 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175405 on: September 09, 2016, 10:37:15 pm »

People will have sex with friggin lawn furniture, MSH. I find it very hard to believe that any form of sapient alien life would be sufficiently...well, alien enough that someone somewhere wouldn't try to do something stimulating with it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #175406 on: September 09, 2016, 10:39:46 pm »

Oh, I'm sure that were humanity to make it that far there'd be plenty of people who would get mauled by aliens, be horribly poisoned, or melt their dicks off. Doesn't mean I'm not going to crash the silly fantasies of sci-fi nerds in the here and now.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #175407 on: September 09, 2016, 10:42:37 pm »

... there were any of those here? I mean, there probably are, but I don't think any of them spoke up.
Ask not!
Ask!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #175408 on: September 09, 2016, 10:45:49 pm »

I mean in general. I may have had a bit too much fun annoying Mass Effect fans in the distant past.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #175409 on: September 10, 2016, 01:32:20 am »

Flies aren't so bad anyways. If we want to bring a species to extinction it should be the blood-sucking mosquitoes. The ecology argument doesn't even work because there are more species of mosquitoes that don't drink your blood and spread disease and bullshit.

Fact: actual bats are a thousand times the better super hero than Batman because of all the mosquitoes they eat every night. I bet Batman only kills like two or three per day.

That's actually an interesting thought. What would you call someone who is attracted to both sapient aliums and their own species? Might be a more appropriate application of pansexual.

You would call them heretics.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 11692 11693 [11694] 11695 11696 ... 13325