Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11689 11690 [11691] 11692 11693 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15777928 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [TURBOAWOO] That one time Inubashiri Momiji committed mass murder (Happy thread)
« Reply #175350 on: September 09, 2016, 01:46:27 am »

... y'know, I found out recently-ish that apparently dk64 has a vaguely horrible reputation. Apparently folks are of the general opinion it's kinda' terrible.

Think I actually beat it when I was younger. I remember liking it, even. Watching a bit of an LP a bit ago was painful, though. Looked a lot worse than I remembered it being, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [TURBOAWOO] That one time Inubashiri Momiji committed mass murder (Happy thread)
« Reply #175351 on: September 09, 2016, 01:49:08 am »

Huh, maybe it was the overall shifting against the hyper huge collection games? I remember really liking it too, maybe not as much as both of the Banjo Kazooie games but I did quite like it, enough to 100% it back in the day.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #175352 on: September 09, 2016, 01:51:07 am »

I think that might be the only mainstream collect-a-thon I've never played. It definitely doesn't seem to get a lot of attention.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #175353 on: September 09, 2016, 02:07:09 am »

Eh, it mostly seems to be because dk64 isn't just a period collect-a-thon, it's a collect-a-thon's collect-a-thon. It probably took things a little too far. Five characters, each with basically an entire other game's set of (generally more or less identical and color swapped) collectables. And there wasn't just one sort. All told there was like three or four sets per character, iirc, coming out to more or less fifteen or twenty different masses of junk to pick up... usually per level. In retrospect and with that reminder a bit ago, I can see now that it was a bit... bloated.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 02:10:22 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175354 on: September 09, 2016, 02:20:45 am »

Eh, it mostly seems to be because dk64 isn't just a period collect-a-thon, it's a collect-a-thon's collect-a-thon. It probably took things a little too far. Five characters, each with basically an entire other game's set of (generally more or less identical and color swapped) collectables. And there wasn't just one sort. All told there was like three or four sets per character, iirc, coming out to more or less fifteen or twenty different masses of junk to pick up... usually per level. In retrospect and with that reminder a bit ago, I can see now that it was a bit... bloated.

Yes, the large amount of collectables got a bit tiresome. Banana medals in particular as you needed 15 to unlock a minigame of Jetpack to get another medal you need to get to the last boss. Some of the bosses were also repeated, though with new moves. Compared to Banjo-Tooie, which I think is the best out of these games done by Rare, it missed out on the silly characters and dialogue.

There was also those blueprints you needed to find. 5 each level for each kong and I think you needed all of them.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #175355 on: September 09, 2016, 02:25:03 am »

I volunteered as a street sweeper today. Random passersby came up to me for high fives. I love my hometown.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #175356 on: September 09, 2016, 03:33:35 am »

Yellowstone to employ "bark rangers" to reduce dangerous encounters between wildlife and guests.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #175357 on: September 09, 2016, 04:14:16 am »

I started watching Steven Universe today, I'm quite enjoying it. It's a fun show but seems to be fairly intelligent. I've also been playing a shitload of Mario Kart 64 lately, it's really fun. It's pretty much a work of art  :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #175358 on: September 09, 2016, 04:22:09 am »

Steven Universe is probably the most gayest educational show I know that involve aliens and magic.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175359 on: September 09, 2016, 08:18:21 am »

Yellowstone to employ "bark rangers" to reduce dangerous encounters between wildlife and guests.
Not just the wildlife. One of the biggest dangers for unleashed dogs (and their owners) in Yellowstone is thermal features. You wouldn't believe how many people have died failing to rescue their dogs after the latter run/jump into hot springs.

By the by, if you want to be able to sleep at night, don't read descriptions of what happens to someone who falls into one of those and manages to get out. At least the ones who don't get out are just quickly dead and more slowly rendered down to shiny-clean bones; they don't have to deal with 100% of their skin sloughing off the instant it touches something or trying to breath after swallowing well-past-boiling-point water.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #175360 on: September 09, 2016, 08:42:25 am »

Steven Universe is probably the most gayest educational show I know that involve aliens and magic.

Since gems don't have genders, they can't be technically gay. Saying they're gay is basically dumbing down the alien reasoning based on visual appearances.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #175361 on: September 09, 2016, 08:47:28 am »

IOW "you assumed their gender?!?!"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175362 on: September 09, 2016, 08:55:14 am »

IOW "you assumed their gender?!?!"

I... did not realize that it sounded like that. I see that now. I'm tempted to reinforce my point further, but I'm afraid I won't be making my case any better.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #175363 on: September 09, 2016, 09:28:13 am »

Since gems don't have genders, they can't be technically gay. Saying they're gay is basically dumbing down the alien reasoning based on visual appearances.
Rebecca Sugar, the creator of the show, literally said that they were all female.p in term of gender. Ruby and Sapphire have been designed with the idea of them being homosexual, and Pearl had always been designed as bisexual. I could cite sources.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175364 on: September 09, 2016, 10:07:27 am »

Well I haven't been aware about the level of official backing this issue got.

Anyhow, love that show.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 11689 11690 [11691] 11692 11693 ... 13325