Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11614 11615 [11616] 11617 11618 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796989 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #174225 on: August 06, 2016, 10:47:54 am »

So today I learned that there are demos of PlayStation VR at various retailers. This would be happy enough, but even happier: there are two such locations in walking distance, and by sheer luck I learned of it on a day where such an event was happening.

I know the Vive and the Oculus Rift are things. I don't care because I can actually expect to be able to play the PlayStation VR because I have a PS4 but do not have a gaming computer that could run the Vive or Oculus.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #174226 on: August 06, 2016, 10:51:58 am »

Ooooh, a discussion on how lonely we are. Fun. I'll pitch in.

20 here. No dates, few friends, currently no friends. While I was still in high school there were actually a few girls (3, all were pretty nice people) who were interested but I never took any initiative and missed out on opportunities because I'm socially inept. Now I'm basically a hermit college student who barely speaks to anyone and doesn't go out unless necessary. High school friends are all off to other parts of the country, haven't spoken to any one of them in 2 years now. Haven't made new friends. No girls or anything. My low social skills in high school are probably degrading by the day due to lack of use because I never go out or talk to anyone new.

This is the future I chose. :v
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #174227 on: August 06, 2016, 10:55:15 am »

On one hand I want to flirt woth you schlubs but then I remember you're heterosexual so get salty scrubs.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174228 on: August 06, 2016, 10:56:23 am »

20 here. No dates, few friends, currently no friends. While I was still in high school there were actually a few girls (3, all were pretty nice people) who were interested but I never took any initiative and missed out on opportunities because I'm socially inept. Now I'm basically a hermit college student who barely speaks to anyone and doesn't go out unless necessary. High school friends are all off to other parts of the country, haven't spoken to any one of them in 2 years now. Haven't made new friends. No girls or anything. My low social skills in high school are probably degrading by the day due to lack of use because I never go out or talk to anyone new.

What social skills do you need to start a conversation with someone? (I'm actually asking to better understand your social difficulties, so I or somebody else could offer help if possible)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #174229 on: August 06, 2016, 10:58:47 am »

My advice is to start with classic openers like:

"So what's the deal with airline food?"

"Your boobs kind of look like papayas."

"Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform?"

"Do you have time for our Lord and Saviour, Jesus?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174230 on: August 06, 2016, 11:02:11 am »

These could work in context.

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #174231 on: August 06, 2016, 11:07:40 am »

You do weird shit in Asia if they're regarded as "classic" :P with the exception of the chloroform one. I have used that one to great success. /probably joking

Needed to try to fix printer as printer was no longer detected by computer (wireless) and considering my need to scan a shit ton of documents for muh lawyer by Wednesday (technically Tuesday if I actually want them to look at them) it needed to be done.

Expecting a long ass Google rabbit hole to be necessary but no, press button on printer, printer detected, printer connected.

Why did this not work on Monday..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #174232 on: August 06, 2016, 11:17:28 am »

What social skills do you need to start a conversation with someone? (I'm actually asking to better understand your social difficulties, so I or somebody else could offer help if possible)
Well, in my experience you need at least 10 Charisma so you don't suffer negative penalties to your Charisma skill checks.

Real answer, you need to be able to start conversation with people without feeling like a complete awkward nervous ass. Which in my experience is not something I can do with people I've never met before.

I don't think I need help. Just need to get out of my comfort zone more. But my comfort zone is comfy.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174233 on: August 06, 2016, 11:20:03 am »

Well, in my experience you need at least 10 Charisma so you don't suffer negative penalties to your Charisma skill checks.

Real answer, you need to be able to start conversation with people without feeling like a complete awkward nervous ass. Which in my experience is not something I can do with people I've never met before.

I don't think I need help. Just need to get out of my comfort zone more. But my comfort zone is comfy.
Have you been told that other people may reject you?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #174234 on: August 06, 2016, 11:25:37 am »

Have you been told that other people may reject you?
Never thought of that. No, I was never explicitly told that, but growing up there were plenty of times I tried making new friends or connect with new groups and I'd feel unwelcome or unaccepted and over time I just kinda learned that my efforts were better spent alone or with people I already knew and connected with.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #174235 on: August 06, 2016, 11:50:23 am »

That sounds like more of a self-image issue than an actual how-to-people issue. There is a good chance that any given person you're talking to feel like awkward nervous asses themselves to one degree or another. Unless the person is an arsehole not worth the time of the day, they won't mind the awkward nervous assitude. And the less you worry about your potential awkward nervous assitude, the less likely you are to actually display it. Unless you do things that are clearly inappropriate, it's probably not a matter of social skills.

There's also the question of whether you were, in fact, unwelcome/unaccepted, or was that insecurity speaking, because that happens.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #174236 on: August 06, 2016, 03:27:07 pm »

Same situation over here, roughly. Though I'm out of college (dropped out due to mental health nonsense). But yeah, zero IRL friends, very few even in the past, and I don't even talk to that many people online.

It seems like you really need friends to make friends...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #174237 on: August 06, 2016, 03:40:36 pm »

We bragging about romantic ineptness? 22 (23 in a few months) and zero dates so far. Had people flirt with me in the past, but I was too shy then to do anything about it.

About friendship though: it's kind of hard to get into a pre-established group of mutual friends. It's actually really easy to befriend someone who is alone, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174238 on: August 06, 2016, 03:49:06 pm »

'Want to see what's in the back of my van?'

'Oh for fuck's sake I hate it when they don't sniff the chloroform rag'
"Your sexuality makes me nervous and this frustrates me"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #174239 on: August 06, 2016, 04:01:16 pm »

We bragging about romantic ineptness? 22 (23 in a few months) and zero dates so far. Had people flirt with me in the past, but I was too shy then to do anything about it.

About friendship though: it's kind of hard to get into a pre-established group of mutual friends. It's actually really easy to befriend someone who is alone, though.
The easiest time, I've found, is first year at college. There's usually a bunch of activities, especially at the start, that helps people meet their dorm neighbors, and people will usually have their doors open, again, especially near the start. It probably won't be seen as weird if you just go to the open doors near you during the first week and introduce yourself, make crappy small talk, meet people. Do activities put on by the RA (or equivalent), even if it's not exactly your first choice, especially when it's a pretty small group. Also, during your dorm experience at college, you are provided with a person who you can conveniently drag places/can drag you places. Even if you aren't exactly friends by the end of it, it's good practice. Basically, the entire dorm experience is designed to get people meeting other people.
Pages: 1 ... 11614 11615 [11616] 11617 11618 ... 13325