Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11565 11566 [11567] 11568 11569 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789105 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #173490 on: July 12, 2016, 05:28:57 pm »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173491 on: July 12, 2016, 08:03:54 pm »

I just learned that someone made a magical girl/boy ruleset for the World of Darkness settings (known for Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Mage: The Ascension, and so forth).  Naturally, it's called Princess: The Hopeful.  Needless to say, the idea of magical girls roaming the same world as the...oh, say, the Sabbat amuses me to no end.
Where can one find this ruleset.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173493 on: July 12, 2016, 08:15:23 pm »

http://princesswod.wikia.com/wiki/Being_a_Princess

Our NWoD Storyteller (GM) linked us to it a month or so ago, and I think it's amazing.
I honestly expected saccharine "Love and hope conquer all~~!"
No, it's so much more realistic than that.  They fight against hopelessness, while also acknowledging it.  Better than I expected.

ninja'd
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #173494 on: July 12, 2016, 08:24:13 pm »

They fight against hopelessness, while also acknowledging it.

That's the ideal of hope, isn't it?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173495 on: July 12, 2016, 08:34:32 pm »

I just learned that someone made a magical girl/boy ruleset for the World of Darkness settings (known for Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Mage: The Ascension, and so forth).  Naturally, it's called Princess: The Hopeful.  Needless to say, the idea of magical girls roaming the same world as the...oh, say, the Sabbat amuses me to no end.

Would that I had friends cool and/or weeab enough to run a campaign of that.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173496 on: July 12, 2016, 08:38:31 pm »

They fight against hopelessness, while also acknowledging it.

That's the ideal of hope, isn't it?
Yeah (:
But it's not blind hope, it's actually really pragmatic.  The book doesn't pretend that NWoD is at all hospitable to idealists, in fact it's basically antithetical.  So a Princess might have to perform moral calculus like anyone else.  Maybe some ends justify means.  What's important to eventually make a lasting positive impact, and to never lose faith in that outcome.

Plenty of room for that to go horribly wrong, as befits a World of Darkness game.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #173497 on: July 12, 2016, 08:39:05 pm »

Would that I had friends cool and/or weeab enough to run a campaign of that.
Maybe use Roll20 or something and then bother us with invites? (Not that I know anything about playing tabletop games)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173498 on: July 12, 2016, 09:16:01 pm »

I'm reading the lore right now. I love how the Apollo Program was responsible for modern Magical Girls.

I don't think I could run a game like this that would do the lore and the WoD setting justice, but I want to play this so badly!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #173499 on: July 12, 2016, 10:15:51 pm »

Maybe post a thread in FG&RP asking for a GM?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #173500 on: July 12, 2016, 10:39:54 pm »

I have a 3DS now! The 3D gave me eyestrain in like ten seconds, but Monster Hunter seems like fun and the sound quality is a million billion times better than the DS Lite!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #173501 on: July 13, 2016, 01:52:44 am »

I don't think I could run a game like this that would do the lore and the WoD setting justice, but I want to play this so badly!
Seconded.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173502 on: July 13, 2016, 05:43:57 am »

I have a 3DS now! The 3D gave me eyestrain in like ten seconds, but Monster Hunter seems like fun and the sound quality is a million billion times better than the DS Lite!

The slider is on the right of the screen(at least in the New 3DS - different from the original 3DS). It's also based on the angle you're looking at the screen(or at least the camera) from. I also hope you got the bigger one, since that has better hardware.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make a custom theme for mine. It looks like it require tools I don't have, skill I don't have, and some of the example results I've seen have some weird bugs to them, like random corners of the image getting cut off.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #173503 on: July 13, 2016, 06:42:32 am »

Seconded.
Third-ed
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173504 on: July 13, 2016, 07:00:40 am »

Huh. Just from a quick skim, this sounds rather thematically similar to the old Changeling: The Dreaming setting. Which I was a fan of. {...cautious optimism}

Edit:
Quote from: Princess
In July 1969 mankind first set foot on the moon. The hope released by this single event was so great that for the briefest instant the Light shone brighter on Earth than it did in the Dreamlands. In a flash every soul trapped within knew that they were not on Earth as they believed.
Quote from: Changeling
For many years commoner changelings lived amongst mortals and made their way as best they could in a world where glamour was fading, this was the Interregnum. Then came the Resurgence, man landed on the moon and belief and dreams broke open the doors to Arcadia.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:35:12 am by smirk »
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 11565 11566 [11567] 11568 11569 ... 13325