Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11532 11533 [11534] 11535 11536 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783262 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #172995 on: June 18, 2016, 10:22:13 pm »

Went to the track tonight with some folks. Lost some money on the horses, won some, spent everything I won on crappy overpriced beer. Decided that if I ever owned a racehorse I'd call it $15 Hot Dog, and that I want to start a hired-driver service called Goober with a required uniform of khaki overalls and stained T-shirts, using old cars which cost <$3000 each to buy and repair.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #172997 on: June 19, 2016, 12:58:23 am »

I now have housing confirmed in Otto Monsted, Aarhus!
That's in Denmark, right? Are you going to visit Christiania while you're there?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #172998 on: June 19, 2016, 01:24:48 am »

Oh hey, congrats. I don't recall, do you have a job at the new place?

Not moving cities.  Just got evicted from my current place, and had to find another.  Our landlord is apparently selling his old home, and needs to move into the place we're renting from him until he buys another for himself.  That's the story, anyway.  So no new job.  New place is actually about 5 min commute from work, so that's nice.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #172999 on: June 19, 2016, 02:22:42 am »

Aw.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #173000 on: June 19, 2016, 06:54:56 am »

That's in Denmark, right? Are you going to visit Christiania while you're there?
Christiania's a 3 hour drive away from Aarhus, i'm afraid, but of course i won't tell him not to go there if he's really looking for a joint. :v
Also re: Otto Mønsted (you are forgiven for not having Ø on your keyboard), that seems like a really nice spot! I've driven past it many times, there's a lot of neat things nearby. The bad news is that the university isn't one of them, so you might have to take a bus if you don't like travelling uphill. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #173001 on: June 19, 2016, 07:38:12 am »

This seems like a fun movie.

@SG congrats on getting away from those horrible neighbours, hopefully the new ones are better :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #173002 on: June 19, 2016, 05:59:56 pm »

Christiania's a 3 hour drive away from Aarhus, i'm afraid, but of course i won't tell him not to go there if he's really looking for a joint. :v
Also re: Otto Mønsted (you are forgiven for not having Ø on your keyboard), that seems like a really nice spot! I've driven past it many times, there's a lot of neat things nearby. The bad news is that the university isn't one of them, so you might have to take a bus if you don't like travelling uphill. :P

A joint? You underestimate me.

Also, drat. How long would it take to walk, approximately? Last semester's walk was something like 25 minutes.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #173003 on: June 19, 2016, 06:23:41 pm »

Ok an entire warehouse full of pot, then. Just note that Christiania recently got raided by the police, so they might have less goods than usual. :v
As for the walk, i'd say 45-ish minutes to the main area, plus/minus up to 10 depending on the exact locale. Not impossible by any means, just kind of sucks if you have classes in the morning. Unless you're a morning person, of course. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #173004 on: June 19, 2016, 06:44:55 pm »

Morning person.... I am not.

Well, looks like I'll be getting acquainted with some buses!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173005 on: June 19, 2016, 07:29:29 pm »

Good luck.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173006 on: June 19, 2016, 10:11:11 pm »

I've decided to take up sketching, since it's always been something I thought I should be able to do. Right now I'm aiming for a sketch every day, and I've mostly been keeping that schedule, or at least I've always caught up on the days I missed.

I've been doing this for a couple weeks now, and I can already tell I'm getting better. Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be at the point where I'd be fine with sharing my work, instead of hiding it away and hoping no one stumbles across it.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173007 on: June 19, 2016, 10:23:40 pm »

I've decided to take up sketching, since it's always been something I thought I should be able to do. Right now I'm aiming for a sketch every day, and I've mostly been keeping that schedule, or at least I've always caught up on the days I missed.

I've been doing this for a couple weeks now, and I can already tell I'm getting better. Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be at the point where I'd be fine with sharing my work, instead of hiding it away and hoping no one stumbles across it.
"Dude, suckin' at somethin' is the first step towards bein' sorta good at somethin'."
(So many grammatical errors in that quote... the red lines of spellcheck, ugh.)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173008 on: June 19, 2016, 11:25:41 pm »

I took a day-long break from the internet and Bay12. It was nice, but alas I am finally returned to my laptop.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173009 on: June 19, 2016, 11:27:21 pm »

I took a day-long break from the internet and Bay12. It was nice, but alas I am finally returned to my laptop.
Austere is increasing...
Pages: 1 ... 11532 11533 [11534] 11535 11536 ... 13325