Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11523 11524 [11525] 11526 11527 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789326 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #172860 on: June 16, 2016, 09:30:44 am »

Nothing wrong with ageing. Aging, on the other hand, is American English.

You know, I had a big realisation once when I saw some dude arguing in youtube comment section that he speaks American and not English. I still remember some details, like the fact that he stated something along the lines of the following: "I live in the Michigan state and our legislation states that the universal language to be spoken thorough the state is American." That thread was very long, like, a couple of dozens of comments forming a... I wouldn't call it a dialogue, but a two-party interaction between a person who tried to educate the fool and said fool. I went through the entirety of it because until the end I never lost hope that the ignorance will give in to reason, but the effort of a valiant soul was in vain and the ignoramus came out victorious.

It was then when I realised people that stupid are a breed common in the whole wide world, not just in Russia, which I was strongly inclined to believe at the time. This realisation came rather early to me, and that sort of made me understand what's going on in the world better.

He's correct, in so far as that he speaks a dialect of American English. The only thing he's guilty of is abbreviation, and it's not as if that isn't a thing when discussing America *cough* and Americans *hem*. This one is just less necessary and, due to its newness, less accepted.

Nothing wrong with ageing. Aging, on the other hand, is American English.
Should be calling it English and Commonwealth English, royalist. We established standards first, you only threw your hat in with the language we discarded for the sake of being different from us damned colonials.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #172861 on: June 16, 2016, 09:35:01 am »

That's a reference to something.  Why can I never place it.
the only thing i can come up with is 2 year old rounds of 2D spacemans, not sure why anybody would reference those.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172862 on: June 16, 2016, 09:39:07 am »

That's a reference to something.  Why can I never place it.
the only thing i can come up with is 2 year old rounds of 2D spacemans, not sure why anybody would reference those.
Shrug.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172863 on: June 16, 2016, 01:06:57 pm »

ship snip
... I want to be shipped ...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #172864 on: June 16, 2016, 01:15:49 pm »

ship snip
Then find someone to ship yourself with :<
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172865 on: June 16, 2016, 01:21:17 pm »

ship snip
I just had this conversation before with someone else, I haven't the slightest how :x

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172866 on: June 16, 2016, 01:26:06 pm »

I got shipped with muh girlfriend before we dated.

Shipping works :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #172867 on: June 16, 2016, 01:28:35 pm »

Sometimes. A bunch of people shipped me and my best friend a couple years ago, and it was really annoying.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172868 on: June 16, 2016, 01:30:59 pm »

I got shipped with muh girlfriend before we dated.

Shipping works :v
... Just an anecdotal example. Someone is going to ninja you and shoot this down.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #172869 on: June 16, 2016, 01:35:45 pm »

There's a storm brewing and it's magnificent, I took a walk by the shore and got some sweet pictures and video, now I need to edit the video nicely, and maybe try and get rid of some of the shakyness.
Still, the whole thing is awesome, the noise, the wind, the colours of the sky, just amazing stuff really. Made my whole day that much better that I decided to take a walk, even tho there's a chance I'll get sick now but I don't care, it was well worth it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #172870 on: June 16, 2016, 02:15:01 pm »

ship snip
I just had this conversation before with someone else, I haven't the slightest how :x
*pats BHK*
I had a very long period of struggling with this as well, but I guess you just kinda got to find a person who you'd want to be with, and then make stupid jokes, if thats your thing. It's hard to give advice on what to do, because it depends on the other person, and on you, but if you can be yourself and they still want to date you? Thats a good one.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #172871 on: June 16, 2016, 02:30:53 pm »

Don't worry BHK, i haven't been shipped either. Perhaps we could star as an action duo in a movie called The Unshippables where we foil the Evil OrganizationTM's plan to ship us to Norway? :v
... Not that i've been doing a lot to make myself shippable. Before uni i've probably always come off as a bit too much of a loner for people to even bother, and after... Well, most people already have a partner, others aren't interested beyond friendship (which i'm totally cool with, friends are great), and beyond that, some are married, and hell, a few even have children. I'm still a virgin, how am i supposed to compete in that race? :P (my solution being that i don't try to compete and instead try to enjoy living, blub)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172872 on: June 16, 2016, 02:36:13 pm »

Don't worry BHK, i haven't been shipped either. Perhaps we could star as an action duo in a movie called The Unshippables where we foil the Evil OrganizationTM's plan to ship us to Norway? :v
... Not that i've been doing a lot to make myself shippable. Before uni i've probably always come off as a bit too much of a loner for people to even bother, and after... Well, most people already have a partner, others aren't interested beyond friendship (which i'm totally cool with, friends are great), and beyond that, some are married, and hell, a few even have children. I'm still a virgin, how am i supposed to compete in that race? :P (my solution being that i don't try to compete and instead try to enjoy living, blub)
ship snip
*pats BHK*
I had a very long period of struggling with this as well, but I guess you just kinda got to find a person who you'd want to be with, and then make stupid jokes, if thats your thing. It's hard to give advice on what to do, because it depends on the other person, and on you, but if you can be yourself and they still want to date you? Thats a good one.
Alright. Social stuff is a very weak point for me, so I generally just take as many answers as I can get and sort of just... cobble together a solution with the best details from each. I'll keep all of this in mind.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172873 on: June 16, 2016, 02:40:01 pm »

Shipping is a crush on someone else's behalf, or alternatively an expression of the desire to engineer your environment to its fullest. So all you need to do is find yourself in the company of someone else while also being observed by someone else with a keen interest in other people's business.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172874 on: June 16, 2016, 02:43:39 pm »

Shipping is a crush on someone else's behalf, or alternatively an expression of the desire to engineer your environment to its fullest. So all you need to do is find yourself in the company of someone else while also being observed by someone else with a keen interest in other people's business.
That I know, I was sort of bringing up a sort of... ineptness? Inexperience? In more, more basic social (...environments? Situations?) Agh, the general, main idea of the point I'm trying to begin to articulate, that's understood at least, right?
Pages: 1 ... 11523 11524 [11525] 11526 11527 ... 13325