Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11409 11410 [11411] 11412 11413 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773488 times)

cottontailcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #171150 on: April 23, 2016, 05:21:21 am »

I have been a bad bike-rider and forgotten to pump up my tires for a while.
Pumped them up and /wow why am I suddenly riding twice as fast!/

:D

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171151 on: April 23, 2016, 07:21:05 am »

I installed a cycle computer to my new bike, so now it has a clock, speedometer, odometer, timer, and speed averager resting on my handlebars. It was kinda a pain in the ass to install, but it's cool as hell.

Speaking of cycling, I did 35km today, averaging 27km/h! Only began to flag towards the end when I approached a headwind coming off the sea. Started in the city, Melbourne, and rode westwards hugging the rivers and the bay.

Man that's so cool. I live in a trailer park in the middle of farm fields that stretch on for miles, so my riding venues are: 1) Up and down the one street that doesn't have horribad potholes or 2) Testing my luck on the highway and hope I don't die.

I live in a semi-rural region; i just caught the train 45km into the city first. :P

Also unless you're EXTREMELY experienced, I would recommend absolutely not riding on the highway. Normal roads are terrifying enough.
Bike riding on the highway is illegal here. Speed limit is 70mph (112kmh), and people are trying to get it raised pretty much constantly. IIRC, I live I the same state as Joshua.

Edit: non-freedom unit conversion.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 07:25:44 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171152 on: April 23, 2016, 08:32:49 am »

-snip-
-snipperoo-
-snippety-
-snoop-
Bike riding on the highway is illegal here. Speed limit is 70mph (112kmh), and people are trying to get it raised pretty much constantly. IIRC, I live I the same state as Joshua.

Edit: non-freedom unit conversion.

Ah, here our highways are 80km/h. Our "freeways" are 100 or 110km/h. It really varies on whether you're allowed to cycle on the freeways; generally speaking, tractors, emergency vehicles and (rarely) bicycles are the only vehicles allowed on the Emergency Stopping Lane. Highways it's up to the user; some highways have bicycle lanes, some don't. That being said, people drive like fucking psychopaths, so I prefer to avoid roads wherever possible even if it means a 25% longer detour.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171153 on: April 23, 2016, 12:35:25 pm »

Heh, in Germany people would consider you a madman (and might call the police) if you were trying to ride a bike on the Autobahn. Then again we have a speed limit of c, and speed of 160km/h are nothing out of the ordinary, so the situation is quite different I guess.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #171154 on: April 23, 2016, 12:46:06 pm »

Heh, in Germany people would consider you a madman (and might call the police) if you were trying to ride a bike on the Autobahn. Then again we have a speed limit of c, and speed of 160km/h are nothing out of the ordinary, so the situation is quite different I guess.

C being what exactly? The speed of light (like from Einstein's famous "E=MC^2" equation)?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171155 on: April 23, 2016, 12:50:52 pm »

https://youtu.be/BNCf1-HPLVw

Made another vid of Armok Vision

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171156 on: April 23, 2016, 12:52:26 pm »

C being what exactly? The speed of light (like from Einstein's famous "E=MC^2" equation)?
Yeah, he means they have no actual speed limit. So your possible speed is technically limited by c. Though I guess you would start breaking other German laws when you speed up so much that your bow wave starts destroying other people's property.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171157 on: April 23, 2016, 01:09:27 pm »

It's technically not even c if you have an Alcubierre drive.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #171158 on: April 23, 2016, 01:24:27 pm »

Don't think many cars are fitted with them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171159 on: April 23, 2016, 01:40:19 pm »

Tesla probably is working on it.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171160 on: April 23, 2016, 01:50:57 pm »

Yeah, he means they have no actual speed limit. So your possible speed is technically limited by c. Though I guess you would start breaking other German laws when you speed up so much that your bow wave starts destroying other people's property.
[Insert joke about c being a german law because Einstein]

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171161 on: April 23, 2016, 04:24:10 pm »

I have been a bad bike-rider and forgotten to pump up my tires for a while.
Pumped them up and /wow why am I suddenly riding twice as fast!/

:D

That is a wonderful feeling when that happens.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171162 on: April 23, 2016, 04:40:05 pm »

Visited family for a mountain vacation. Internet is spotty and I'm desperate to catch up with work, but had a nice time. Today was a huge family reunion supper, and I guess my 30th birthday. I've certainly had worse (:

Seriously though I'm getting behind. Lots of day2day and a big special project waiting for me (I did what I could but it's hard to work in such a beautiful place, around family).

I'm kinda thrilled at the daunting task (:

Also full of delicious southern food. Mostly veggies, but there was an amazing Mexican lasagna with chili and black beans which I have declared my "cake".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171163 on: April 23, 2016, 04:40:43 pm »

PREPARE THE IMAGE.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171164 on: April 23, 2016, 05:07:14 pm »

but i'm on vacation
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 11409 11410 [11411] 11412 11413 ... 13325