Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11407 11408 [11409] 11410 11411 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15776693 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #171120 on: April 21, 2016, 09:52:06 am »

Finished Transistor.

I mean, I'm not really crying, but it was a close thing. 9/8 best game.

As an aside, I love love love Royce's voice acting. At first I thought he sounded a little too old for his art, but then it really grew on me with how unusual it is.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #171121 on: April 21, 2016, 11:13:32 am »

As an aside, I love love love Royce's voice acting. At first I thought he sounded a little too old for his art, but then it really grew on me with how unusual it is.

Ain't nobody by the name of Royce on the voice cast of this game

Please clarify.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171122 on: April 21, 2016, 11:23:25 am »

Ain't nobody by the name of Royce on the voice cast of this game

Please clarify.
I mean the character, Royce Brackett. The actor's name is Sunkrish Bala, according to your link.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #171123 on: April 21, 2016, 11:23:39 am »

Hey everyone! Guess where I'm posting from? My new computer. Got it setup, more or less (at least, I have it somewhat ready); just need to move the OS to the SSD next, once I have that installed. Didn't expect the package to not include a backup disk or USB of Win10 with it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171124 on: April 21, 2016, 11:24:11 am »

Hey everyone! Guess where I'm posting from?My new computer. Got it setup, more or less (at least, I have it somewhat ready); just need to move the OS to the SSD next once I have that installed. Didn't expect the package to not include a backup disk or USB of Win10 with it.
Woot!

Go you!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #171125 on: April 21, 2016, 11:33:10 am »

I mean the character, Royce Brackett. The actor's name is Sunkrish Bala, according to your link.

Oh yeah, that guy. Forgot his name. He was alright.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171126 on: April 21, 2016, 11:35:23 am »

Didn't expect the package to not include a backup disk or USB of Win10 with it.
This is (stupidly) standard for prebuilt pcs now. At best you have a recovery partition on the same hard drive.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #171127 on: April 21, 2016, 11:40:25 am »

Didn't expect the package to not include a backup disk or USB of Win10 with it.
This is (stupidly) standard for prebuilt pcs now. At best you have a recovery partition on the same hard drive.
That's probably because you can download said Win10 file and put it on any viable USB for free from the Microsoft website, so there isn't much point in them giving you a disk. If you are the average person who buys their computer and runs it as is than the lack of a disk saves them lots of money, while if you are one of the more advanced users than you probably already have a viable USB that you can put the OS install files onto (using the pre-installed copy to download/build if you need to).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171128 on: April 21, 2016, 11:46:25 am »

Yes, but how many people are actually going to download win10 before they need to restore it? Some cheap usb is probably even cheaper for them than for you to buy one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #171129 on: April 21, 2016, 11:55:13 am »

Yes, but how many people are actually going to download win10 before they need to restore it? Some cheap usb is probably even cheaper for them than for you to buy one.
Yeah, but the key difference is that in case #1 they are the ones buying them (and then having to charge you extra on the computer). On the other hand in situation #2 then you are buying them (and possibly paying them to get one/fix your computer as well).

If you're someone that doesn't mess with your prebuilt computer than they want you coming back to pay them to get your computer fixed when you break it. If, on the other hand, you're a person who installs the OS yourself than you almost certainly already have a USB that works as a restore/repair thing; the one that you made yourself (with one of the many old USB's those type of people tend to have hanging around).

Plus look at it from the other point of view; why should I need to pay an extra $15 for something that I can get for free from Microsoft+my shelf? It's a case where a large percentage of the people who have the knowledge to actually know how to fix things are the people who do download the OS before they need to restore from it; either to install it or to make their own restore USB, while a large percentage of the people who don't download the OS before they need it are also the people who don't really have the knowledge to know what they need to do (or would much rather have someone else deal with the hassle).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #171130 on: April 21, 2016, 01:38:50 pm »

I finally managed to massage the pain out of my leg that had been sore for the last few days. No more wincing whenever I stand up, yay!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171132 on: April 21, 2016, 08:09:26 pm »

cool science thing i just discovered. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh-My-God_particle

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #171133 on: April 21, 2016, 09:00:05 pm »

After weeks of idiotic mistakes, furious debugging, and generalized flailing, I managed to fix a bunch of crap and get a new version of my mod out. Which is a nice feeling of productiveness.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #171134 on: April 21, 2016, 10:03:04 pm »

I finally learned how to make computer games in GameMaker.
Currently, I'm making this one about fruit falling from the sky to get songs...
This is probably one of my only posts (for now).
Rubidium has RETURNED!
Pages: 1 ... 11407 11408 [11409] 11410 11411 ... 13325