Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11391 11392 [11393] 11394 11395 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15752792 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170880 on: April 12, 2016, 12:46:13 am »

Well, happy Cosmonautics Day, everybody!

...I bet you didn't know today was Cosmonautics Day, but nevertheless it is.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #170881 on: April 12, 2016, 02:04:21 am »

No one’s left...Everything’s gone!...Kharak is burning!

Feels still with us to this day. o7
I had a dream as a corvette pilot. While it was beautiful seeing the stars and the many heavenly bodies...
But I was in a salvage corvette. <_<
That said, memories are very treasured things here. That's an awesome view of Kharak and the Mothership (and scouts!) ;_;

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #170882 on: April 12, 2016, 04:10:31 am »

You take issue with being a Salvage "Fuck You I'm A Salvage Corvette Ship Classes Don't Mean Shit" Corvette?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170883 on: April 12, 2016, 04:31:05 am »

Hell yeah, during the first battle, I had that one Salvage Corvette just plucking the Turanic corvettes right out of their flightpath. Really needed the firepower, too, since I forgot you have to attack their carrier.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #170884 on: April 12, 2016, 05:00:26 am »

Obviously she takes issue with witnessing such beauty from the cockpit of a roving death machine.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #170885 on: April 12, 2016, 05:23:21 am »

Well, happy Cosmonautics Day, everybody!

...I bet you didn't know today was Cosmonautics Day, but nevertheless it is.

Check out what Yandex did - there's a full transcription of Gagarin's flight, with live monitored parameters an' shit. It's really cool.
It's all in Russian though, so no goodness for those not speaking it.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170886 on: April 12, 2016, 08:06:14 am »

You take issue with being a Salvage "Fuck You I'm A Salvage Corvette Ship Classes Don't Mean Shit" Corvette?
Wha-? D:
I LOVE the salvage corvette! Possessing a shipboard AI that can inject viruses into the opposing ship to 'capture' and break up its own movement, as well as get in close that I myself can see the crew (possibly) from my cockpit is something very nice :P Calling all my buddies to grab a carrier so we can carry along more of my buddies! \o/
Especially since I'm being a pacifist while doing so!

But I was in a salvage corvette. <_<
I'd still prefer the heavy corvette because I also loved seeing fighter ships and frigates being nudged every time they get hit. It's the unique animation of the Heavy corvette that gets to me, along with their maneuverability. But the same goes for the salvage corvette! :D
...Was it my emoticon that made it sound different? It was more of a sly tone there :O

Obviously she takes issue with witnessing such beauty from the cockpit of a roving death machine.
This guy gets it :3

Hell yeah, during the first battle, I had that one Salvage Corvette just plucking the Turanic corvettes right out of their flightpath. Really needed the firepower, too, since I forgot you have to attack their carrier.
F2 rightclick, *plop*, now stuck to my salvage corvette~♥
Yep :P Memories.
ahaaa I set them to F4 Aggressive in my first playthrough before listening to the dialogue x_x Because 'aggressive' means 'APPROACH THEM FASTER' >~<

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #170887 on: April 12, 2016, 08:18:04 am »

This is sorta face palm but it's funny too

My engineering teacher really doesn't know what she's talking about right now.
We are going over reverse engineering and she just said the RQ-170 is a Russian reverse engineered version of the B-29....

She's doing a lot of other stuff like that too, it's pretty funny but no one is questioning it
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #170888 on: April 12, 2016, 08:28:58 am »

I am glad my probability & statistics professor grades easily... I was pretty sure I would get bad grades for my second midterm but it was actually 96/100

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170889 on: April 12, 2016, 10:21:09 am »

So it's 10:21pm and I'm late home again :I having to shove all the promised PMs/emails in the morning tomorrow.

GOOD NEWS:
> The seminar me and my group are planning under EduPsych happening on Friday will not be affected by the scheduled local brownout \o/
> I has received chocolate from a good friend with the note! mmm, chocolate, but Mmm, I have a note. T_T Though this is the first time someone gave me stuffs. :-[
> Loving my course like...many things I love. :I
> Part 2 of Tiruin's adventures with Psychology classes :v!
We returned to the Kindergarten room to practice Yoga and the ideologies under different Martial Arts. It was a very relaxing session (hooray STRESS1), in which we also discussed the renaming of 'Stress Management' class in a light hearted manner. Even if we left class from the night, my muscles were pretty relaxed.
> Checked my exams (after going all :I about going on checking them not because I don't want to, but because of...feeling bad about my past grades from my past college :v). GOT HIGH SCORES \o/ (Esp. in my Guidance and Counseling ♥! ...At least that tells me I've got the theoretical work down, a bit.)
> Talked with friends, and being with them is awesome forever for the day, ever! Also online friends over IRC ;____; All the friends! \o/ (Totally thanks every single one of ya :I)
> Happy for this thread existing!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #170890 on: April 12, 2016, 10:27:37 am »

my current dream: arrange FantasyP for acoustic guitar parts as Fortbent's title theme, call it "FantasyPsimulator"

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #170891 on: April 12, 2016, 11:59:38 am »

After a couple months of working my butt off, saving money, and ensuring I won't break my bank post-purchase, shopping around and so forth; I'm about the get my brand new computer next week, VR-ready and everything. I can't wait.

I already did all the preparation bullcrap work where my old machine is concerned (anti-virus/malware, and consolidating as much of my crap into a single hard drive, and defragging it all (which took forever)) so I can have a seamless transition into the new machine with my old crap still intact (with potential to be able to dual-boot my old OS while at it).

It's gonna be weird not having any (real) loading times to worry about (anymore), especially when booting up the machine (5 seconds, not minutes to load everything upon booting the machine up (SSDs FTW)). For example, it'll no longer take a second or two to see what I typed into these boxes when posting (then again, I also type pretty quickly). Basically, I won't be used to things working and going my way for a good while. I'm not used to good things happening to me, or getting my own way again. I'll miss the bullcrap and difficulty I have to go through for the simplest of pleasures, and even playing semi-sluggishly with low-quality settings on games and such. To me, this is gonna be like ascending to a higher plane, it's going to be so vastly different to me post-upgrade. Haven't felt this way since I first got my current machine last decade.

For additional humor: Arrival and application of my new machine happens to land on or by 4/20. So any advice on trippy games and software to break in my new machine are welcome. I already have a few ideas in mind (Electric Sheep at 60-120 FPS, highest resolutions/quality settings as the desktop background, naturally; as well as a few of my Steam games).

Naturally, after I had my fun, this sucker's gonna be a massive boon to my freelancing. I can actually take on more higher-paying jobs now without worrying about frying my computer getting it done. Provided a good job or two, this thing will pay for itself in a good week or two, a month tops (depending on jobs' time frames).

EDIT:
It'll also be nice no longer having to panic anytime I hear my fans whirr (thanks to the already pretty old (same one as what came with it originally the whole decade of it's life) CPU running 75C-80C under load, according to Speedfan at least (has fan controls), unlike HWinfo, which gives me entirely different readings (58C? which one's telling the truth of what's going on here? Because the one giving me crap sounds more honest, from the looks and sounds of things (Usually a warning I made for Speedfan that says it hit 80C and a beeps if it's held there for longer than a second or few.).). I get nightmares hearing that fan. On that note, It'll probably blow my mind how much the SSD will improve things overall (especially when you find an awesome deal on a 1TB SSD that also effectively makes good use of the remaining budget without going over.). Not to mention, going from a Core 2 Duo E6300 to an i7 6700K is just gonna be unreal. And naturally, GPU has to go all-out by default. Enough said. I might not be leaving my room (or eventually virtual room) for a good while.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:29:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #170892 on: April 12, 2016, 02:30:32 pm »

So, after a bit of kludging, a bit of Google Cardboard adaptation, several app installs, minor eyestrain, and an immense amount of lag, I managed to get Portal running in pseudoVR. It's unplayable, but hey, proof of concept.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #170893 on: April 12, 2016, 02:56:06 pm »

I am going to start playing Dark Souls 3.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #170894 on: April 12, 2016, 03:01:53 pm »

Sure you didn't mean to post that in the "How did you last die" thread? :P
Pages: 1 ... 11391 11392 [11393] 11394 11395 ... 13325