Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11381 11382 [11383] 11384 11385 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754652 times)

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170730 on: April 09, 2016, 03:07:34 pm »

I just installed a thingie for my browser that removes all youtube comments.
It is excellent. I've never understood why I always scroll down to read the youtube comments, they always make me sad in some way. Now, I can watch the videos in peace.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170731 on: April 09, 2016, 03:11:16 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:42:04 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170732 on: April 09, 2016, 04:04:53 pm »

I'm extremely conscientious of this idea, please tell me if I'm completely out of line, because my creative processes are only batted back and forth between me and myself, and I realize that makes my imagination an increasingly demented echo chamber, which I realize is dangerous so I feel I need feedback if I'm going to stay grounded in my thoughts:

The idea I'm considering is that I'm wondering if it's possible, in a game or movie or whatever, to just have a female character be perpetually topless, but not in a way that is erotic or sexualized at all. The idea is that in most media, nudity is viewed as innately sexual or vulnerable, which I feel is not the case. This is an idea that sparked into my imagination years ago when I saw the anime "Crying Freeman" which has a lot of female warriors that fight in the buff, and while it's clearly fetishized a little bit in that context, it comes off as extremely badass. That a woman is more empowered and more 'manly' (for lack of a better word in my delirious state at the moment) by foregoing clothing and shame is something that has captured my imagination for the longest time now, but I have felt too incompetent to weave something like that into a story of my own creation.

I'd like to provide additional context for my idea here: I've been world building in my head a story that involves a strong, topless female warrior, the last of her specific religion of which she's the last remaining member, if only thanks to a form of pseudo-immortality/hibernative state granted by her god that has allowed her to outlive her entire Order by dozens of generations during that long spell of hibernation. She's awoken up from that hibernation by an intense conflict that upsets the temple where she was hidden inside. Her toplessness in this context is meant as cultural dissonance between time periods since female warriors of her original era saw fighting bare-breasted as spiritually enlightening, and she has divine protection from her god that makes her flesh extremely resistant to attack, so wearing armor is redundant. It isn't meant to be 'naive innocence' in that she's aware that ordinary women keep themselves covered in shame, but she feels that her whole body belongs to her faith and her purpose, so there is no shame. She sees herself as the 'bride' of her god, being both his last true follower and her body is the physical medium through which her god speaks and in some cases usurps control of her and she acts as his physical embodiment. She's waiting until the time when her and the other gods in the world's pantheon feel that humanity has matured sufficiently enough to rapture the entire human race into the heavenly realm, and then she can finally fulfill her role as her god's bride and be his wife in a literal sense. She's a fanatic, simply, but a fanatic that is validated by the existence of magic and miracles in her world.

I'm trying to make her and her world more detailed, but that's the gist of it. I'm just not sure if I'm actually pushing any boundaries, or being at all interesting, or if I'm just making fanfiction-level dreck that isn't even worthy of being devoted to words. It's something I've been imagining for a long time now, but I'm simply so unsure of how to convey the idea without it seeming perverse and fetishistic, because that's not how I imagine it. I simply would like to bounce the idea off you guys then, to better gauge people's zeitgeist.

and yeah, this is an odd post for the happy thread, I just don't feel comfortable making a whole new thread just for this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170733 on: April 09, 2016, 04:18:10 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:41:54 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170734 on: April 09, 2016, 04:29:04 pm »

I don't know if you're pushing any boundaries (that's not really the way I think about things), but I like it
I would second this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170735 on: April 09, 2016, 04:39:59 pm »

It's impossible to convey the idea and have everyone think it's innocent because there will always be that one person who calls it out anyway. Try to, but know that you can't please everyone. Other than that, it's a nice concept, but it's just a concept.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #170736 on: April 09, 2016, 06:04:08 pm »

My ROVteam and I are going to fuckin' NASA in june for the internationals, yo. Heck yeah.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170737 on: April 09, 2016, 06:06:13 pm »

My ROVteam and I are going to fuckin' NASA in june for the internationals, yo. Heck yeah.
Go you!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170738 on: April 09, 2016, 06:41:40 pm »

Does everyone in the faith fight armourless/topless? Or just the women? It can be a bit wonky to go with just women, since that could be characterized as a fetish-thing by people. "And these chicks just bounce around naked all the time, fighting and killing, it's great! So hawt!"* :v You didn't mention.

*i'm not good at writing like this send halp
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #170739 on: April 09, 2016, 06:48:35 pm »

Also, fighting topless is a terrible idea, which is why nobody sane who had another choice did it.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170740 on: April 09, 2016, 07:06:57 pm »

Yeah...  I'm no expert but I think there's a reason people wear unflattering sports bras.
I like the general idea but I don't think it works in a technical sense.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170741 on: April 09, 2016, 07:18:33 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:41:40 pm by Vector »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #170742 on: April 09, 2016, 07:22:06 pm »

Having big boobs bouncing around without any support or whatever looks really uncomfortable. I can't imagine how painful it'd be to have a pair of DDs flopping around absurdly when you're trying to avoid getting horribly murdered.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170743 on: April 09, 2016, 07:25:21 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:40:57 pm by Vector »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170744 on: April 09, 2016, 07:29:30 pm »

Actually, wouldn't it be more practical for them to go around bottomless?
That's really problematic for men (much as large unsupported boobs are problematic for women) but seems like it wouldn't be a problem for women...

They could even wear armor over their center of mass, if they're into wearing armor at all.  Legs are about on par with arms, armor-wise.  IE protection is good but it comes at the cost of encumbrance.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 11381 11382 [11383] 11384 11385 ... 13325