Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11360 11361 [11362] 11363 11364 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15736615 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170415 on: April 01, 2016, 01:03:17 pm »

Lol. Gmail's April's Fools joke might get them sued by a lot of people.
They added a button next to the 'send mail' which appends a gif of a Minion, and makes it so that recipients are unable to respond to the mail.

The latter part of the joke has costs people who never noticed they clicked anything other than a normal send button their jobs, or had them miss out on job offers (because they sent applications that could not be responded to). Lawsuits are expected. Gmail has quickly taken the April's Fools button offline.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 01:05:52 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #170416 on: April 01, 2016, 01:36:46 pm »

Lol. Gmail's April's Fools joke might get them sued by a lot of people.
They added a button next to the 'send mail' which appends a gif of a Minion, and makes it so that recipients are unable to respond to the mail.

The latter part of the joke has costs people who never noticed they clicked anything other than a normal send button their jobs, or had them miss out on job offers (because they sent applications that could not be responded to). Lawsuits are expected. Gmail has quickly taken the April's Fools button offline.
OH SHIT

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170417 on: April 01, 2016, 01:50:28 pm »

I don't exactly get why you would disable the ability to reply to it. I get the gif thing, but why disable? Oh well, they can only really blame themselves.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #170418 on: April 01, 2016, 01:54:03 pm »

I don't exactly get why you would disable the ability to reply to it. I get the gif thing, but why disable? Oh well, they can only really blame themselves.

It's a mic drop gif.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #170419 on: April 01, 2016, 01:56:32 pm »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170420 on: April 01, 2016, 01:59:37 pm »

If the recipient doesn't care enough to just write a new e-mail they probably haven't missed out on anything.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #170421 on: April 01, 2016, 02:18:37 pm »

Oh hey Planetside 2 is on steam now, huh, that's cool.
I always wanted to play it again after getting my potato computer replaced, so I think I'll do that now.
(it's been there for...
i think since release)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #170422 on: April 01, 2016, 02:58:37 pm »

I did 1 April Fools joke today, and it was good.

I spent around twenty-five minutes writing an essay for an English class about comparing and contrasting two poems.

I then flipped the paper over and spent four or five minutes drawing "The" in gothic letters and made it look like that was my essay when I presented it to the teacher.

Their reaction was priceless.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #170423 on: April 01, 2016, 03:00:41 pm »

i've had the best question it's possible to be asked by youtube cancer asked of me now, proof that i am finally on the level when it comes to youtube

"Are you autistic?"

i'm still not sure what that's supposed to imply, so i asked

well i said "what" but still

like I'm not autistic? but... it doesn't matter?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170424 on: April 01, 2016, 03:12:09 pm »

autism = displaying any enthusiasm or knowledge about a subject beyond the bare minimum one gleans from a 5 minute wikipedia search

everyone knows that :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170425 on: April 01, 2016, 03:15:48 pm »

autism = displaying any enthusiasm or knowledge about a subject beyond the bare minimum one gleans from a 5 minute wikipedia search

As an armchair psychologist, I can second this. You're either jaded by the world to the point that any joy or interest left in it is just a withered little stalk, or you're autistic. That's just how it is.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170426 on: April 01, 2016, 03:16:31 pm »

... Did you know that Cuttlefish, although one of the most intelligent mullosks, only lives from four months to two years? That octopi have been known to juggle crabs and sneak out of aquariums to eat fish in other aquariums? That peanut butter and grilled squid is really gross?

Also that manta rays have been proven to recognize themselves in mirrors and are the first known fish to do so? That tiger sharks give live birth to the victor of an in-womb bloodbath? And that hermit crabs, when exposed to negative stimulus when finding a new home, spend less time checking new homes in a misguided attempt to find some shelter that won't shock them?

Damn, I"m autistic.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #170427 on: April 01, 2016, 03:21:10 pm »

As an armchair psychologist, I can second this. You're either jaded by the world to the point that any joy or interest left in it is just a withered little stalk, or you're autistic. That's just how it is.

I'm actually pretty sure they said that because i said that "kill yourself" is a "pretty fucking vile thing to say to someone" (i consider being smacked down by the poster of a video you're commenting on to be, on average, a more effective punishment than blocking or deleting, so I go with it unless the comment might cause ME trouble in the future), so you're pretty spot-on on that diagnosis there

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170428 on: April 01, 2016, 03:25:18 pm »

'lol this guy is so autistic' is pretty much the modern version of 'lol this guy's got no life' merged with 'lol this guy is so gay', with a sprinkling of 'lol what a retard'. It's multifunctional with its implications. No wonder comments sections enjoy it so.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #170429 on: April 01, 2016, 03:27:57 pm »

'lol this guy is so autistic' is pretty much the modern version of 'lol this guy's got no life' merged with 'lol this guy is so gay', with a sprinkling of 'lol what a retard'. It's multifunctional with its implications. No wonder comments sections enjoy it so.
But if you wanted to say "lol this guy's got no life" or "lol this guy is so gay" or "lol what a retard" why wouldn't you say that, I'm pretty certain "lol this guy is so autistic" means "lol this guy is so autistic" and if you really wanted to say all four merged together you'd just say "lol what a retarded gay autist nolyfe"

Corollary, just call them Jahans or CWC
Pages: 1 ... 11360 11361 [11362] 11363 11364 ... 13325