Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11357 11358 [11359] 11360 11361 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15735413 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170370 on: March 30, 2016, 08:32:44 pm »

I will fight you
It's late, but still. *joins team*
Farming in the sense of operating machines and fucking feeding sheep is pretty blue-collar. But managing a farm is hard work, and involves collars much starchier and more pristine than your average office lackey.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #170371 on: March 30, 2016, 08:40:05 pm »

@Vector

Yeah, Stardew Valley's nice.
It's so relaxing. Infuriatingly so. It eats away my time. :c
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170372 on: March 30, 2016, 08:53:41 pm »

Maybe industrialized Humans have an itch to reacquaint themselves with the fundamentals; to farm, herd, gather, befriend, make, and survive in some fashion.

Or maybe peeps have a soft spot for meditative pastoral games about growth in the literal and abstract.

Or maybe it's just a good game!

I have some complex feels about playing my own save since starting a Livestream LP of it, but I want to see what happens in the second year.

Home again. Current promises and duties fulfilled, and various recent problems are resolved or under control. Got my own time back, and I'm ready and excited to get back to work.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 08:55:48 pm by Solifuge »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170373 on: March 30, 2016, 09:50:19 pm »

Farming is fun, but the bluest of collars.
I do not tend to get along with blue collars.
I will fight you
Farming in the sense of operating machines and fucking feeding sheep is pretty blue-collar. But managing a farm is hard work, and involves collars much starchier and more pristine than your average office lackey.
Hah. Use of violence. So redneck. But I'm good to throw down.
Let's just say that, there were the farmers in my vague area whom I respected, and the rest were mouth-breathing cud-chewers.
The problem with putting roots in the community is the having to interact with both. Whilst, if I'm in the city, I can be afford to be more selective with my friends.
Who... don't judge me for being weird. Which allows me to be more weird. So I do and now dear god all of the intensive charisma training I went through in highschool has been thrown out the window.

So I guess now I've lost all of my acclimatisation and cannot remake the mask required for me to interact with farmer-types.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #170374 on: March 30, 2016, 10:19:56 pm »

I kind of want to learn to actually farm and survive in the wild in the case that I'm fed up with people and decide to run away into the woods.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #170375 on: March 30, 2016, 10:41:05 pm »

So I have started data collection today for a project I'm doing. Oughtta be interesting. Downside: I had to make a Twitter account, which I guess I might as well occasionally check up on. I can at least follow RoboRosewater.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170376 on: March 30, 2016, 11:19:40 pm »

Took me about a year, but I really starred to warm up to Twitter. It's good at keeping you informed on projects and people, without flooding you with an eternally snowballing backlog that goes forever, like some of these social networks.

What's the data you're after, if I may ask?

Cinder, foraging and plant/animal lore and such are really fun skills; being able to find edible plants or basic remedies, navigate, and all that. I lucked out, since my folks were outdoorsy types who shared a lot of that kind of knowledge with me, and I found further opportunities in the Community College field biology program. I bet you could start to learn them, but foraging is definitely something you want to research well before practicing; I've eaten poisonous stuff by accident when I was a bit more overconfident, and that's no good.

Also pls don't run for the hills. Society needs ya, and as an added bonus has computers and cookies.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #170378 on: March 31, 2016, 12:19:14 am »

https://gilvasunner.bandcamp.com

and since ego-stroking is my favorite pastime: turdl3 in there is subscribed to me on youtube, wow
Wait, shit, that channel is/was a parody of another channel all along?
Man, that threw me off good.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #170379 on: March 31, 2016, 12:24:26 am »

Also pls don't run for the hills. Society needs ya, and as an added bonus has computers and cookies.
Yeah, but it's a contingency plan in case our future robot/girl scout overlords don't like me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #170380 on: March 31, 2016, 01:34:55 am »

I'm sure they'll love you. Our robot overlords, I guarantee, will be based around the ideals that they 'love you'.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #170381 on: March 31, 2016, 01:46:32 am »

Well, the ideal situation is that I am one of the robot overlords. Or at least a robot with the sense of identity as me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #170382 on: March 31, 2016, 01:50:29 am »

I will fight you

*joining up here too* :P

Also belated Happy Birthday to GC and the rest there!

I've pretty much (as far as I believe anyway >_>) aced a test in an exam in a subject that dealt with my major enemy: IDENTIFICATION TYPE QUESTIONS...It's not really my enemy but it's more that I found out I have difficulty with them because of issues that arose in the recent years which I found a solution to ._.
But the best part of that exam was me forgetting something I thoroughly remembered until a second before I up-turned the test paper.
I remembered it right after the exam. :I

And as an aside, I keep dwelling on awesome PMs/Emails many awesome people have sent. Stuff I totally needed and was acknowledged on.
By the way, your English has gotten a lot clearer in the past year. I think you're probably almost where you want to be, closer than you might already know.
~♥
Permanent morale booster/life marker thanks much.
Also patience \o/
And, don't worry if it takes a while to respond [to me{...}]

I'm being silly now because I'm emotional re-reading stuff. :'(
And then my textbook got smudgy. I:

Cinder, foraging and plant/animal lore and such are really fun skills; being able to find edible plants or basic remedies, navigate, and all that. I lucked out, since my folks were outdoorsy types who shared a lot of that kind of knowledge with me, and I found further opportunities in the Community College field biology program. I bet you could start to learn them, but foraging is definitely something you want to research well before practicing; I've eaten poisonous stuff by accident when I was a bit more overconfident, and that's no good.
Got hit by a nostalgia train here back in my scouting days T_T Those tiny, subtle, yet evident differences between plants and knowing much plant-lore.
Mmmh. Very good knowledge to know and learn.

+1
Don't run away Cinder o_o
Though as another another aside, this reminded me of this one video of how knowing carpentry and other trade-skills help a lot.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #170383 on: March 31, 2016, 02:26:43 am »

PDFLite actually knows about things like appendices and forwards when counting page numbers! I no longer have to mentally add 31 to the page number of my homework assignments!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #170384 on: March 31, 2016, 11:00:23 am »

Pages: 1 ... 11357 11358 [11359] 11360 11361 ... 13325