Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11343 11344 [11345] 11346 11347 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15736641 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170160 on: March 25, 2016, 05:55:03 am »

I got around to watching the new star wars. I actually enjoyed it more than I was expecting, and indeed, more than the original trilogy. Of course, I'm not terribly enthusiastic about the series in general, but hey. That was good clean fun.

Also, the new red lightsaber thing looks all plasma-ey with jittery field lines, and I approve of this. Scientifically reasonable plasma swords, wooo.

FRIEND

I made another friend yesterday :D  It's so good to sit around gossiping and drinking tea and eating snacks. She blurted out right away that she wanted to come regularly after work to relax with me, and said that she'd bring some cookies next time. Then she gave me a useful book recommendation. She's already looking out for me like a big sister! I got to send some cookies home for her and her fiancé, and the rest are going to my parents this evening.

And I'm hoping to go home and see more friends tonight. One of my really close ones who is back in Canada now wants to call on Sunday, and I'll see all my cousins on Easter... and a new paper letter came in the mail, a really nice note that said some things I so badly needed to hear. Being creatively supportive, stuff like that. I really, really needed friends like these who truly believe in me... I've never had them before :'(

Yay! I'm just so happy to have lots of people in my life :D
Friends \o/
This was the first post I saw when I clicked this thread...and stuck it on a new tab ._. Got me happy all around, and further still got me thinking about hoooooooow many people in my life made it awesome (despite several issues still poking me). Hooray big sister for ya Vec! :))
Eeeee adorable tale of friendship Vector!  Congratulations!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay!  Go Vector of friends!
Seriously can relate on that bit ever since I hit college. People are awesome. ._____.

Also as an aside, busy enjoying this week because of extended family visiting. Hooray 2 younger bros! [That I fully opened up to and eeee ♥ acceptance \o/]. Also tried cooking breakfast for them when they arrived and they enjoyed it! They said it was remarkably edible scrumptious and very good. :D
I can cook... :'(

* RedKing huggles Tiruin (and TheBiggerFish) for being points of light.
[...]
I can't actually be a point of light if not for all those other awesome lights around me shining with me ;3 Y'all are awesome folk too. Don't forget it. And thanks for that, Dwayne! :P (In all seriousness, that was an adorable story there. Reminds me of...all the times I mistook my friends' names and they played along until the big reveal ;_;)

* Tiruin has worst name short-term memory
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:03:07 am by Tiruin »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170161 on: March 25, 2016, 07:34:58 am »

-snip-
That sounds pretty awesome. I guess that's what I like best about this bit of time after you've stopped being a kid but before you've become a settled adult: You learn a lot of new things about yourself and the world.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170162 on: March 25, 2016, 08:03:27 am »

@Tiruin:
Yay!
*congratulatory hugs!*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170163 on: March 25, 2016, 08:11:29 am »

After having basically not slept for 3 days I just went and slept for 11 hours straight. Feels good.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170164 on: March 25, 2016, 08:12:09 am »

*applies bed to Graknorke*
dude go back to sleep
But yay!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170165 on: March 25, 2016, 01:35:44 pm »

I just discovered and finally understood the premise of Newton's Flaming Laser Sword.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170166 on: March 25, 2016, 01:36:12 pm »

I just discovered and finally understood the premise of Newton's Flaming Laser Sword.
His what?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170167 on: March 25, 2016, 01:37:21 pm »

His what?
Sigtext

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170168 on: March 25, 2016, 01:43:12 pm »

His what?
"What cannot be settled by experiment is not worth debating". That's because at that point the argument is no longer about a feature of reality, but only about a feature of your idea of reality.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170169 on: March 25, 2016, 01:49:22 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:47:40 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170170 on: March 25, 2016, 06:05:04 pm »

My boyfriend is visiting for a week in about 24 hours.

I'm so excited.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #170172 on: March 25, 2016, 08:21:58 pm »

I prepared some french toasts :)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #170173 on: March 25, 2016, 08:37:08 pm »

French toast is great. I have it with baked beans, although sweet versions with stewed apple/rhubarb and cinnamon are also glorious.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170174 on: March 25, 2016, 09:01:07 pm »

Oh my god it feels good to flex my hamstrings, I hadn't even realized how tense they were.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 11343 11344 [11345] 11346 11347 ... 13325