Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11342 11343 [11344] 11345 11346 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15737084 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170145 on: March 24, 2016, 02:24:17 pm »

iirc Kylo's saber is supposed to be all jittery. the focusing crystal or something is intentionally fucked up, so it's got more power but is unstable and unwieldy.

it's a metaphor for the guy, geddit?
So its gonna intentionally explode eventually, gotcha. Wonder who will have it by then.
We have a thread for this bumping about somewhere...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #170146 on: March 24, 2016, 03:40:54 pm »

I made a snoddas cake!
Love, scriver~

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170147 on: March 24, 2016, 04:20:53 pm »

I got visited by easter witches today.
Explanation? This sounds wonderful.

E: Apparently it's a Swedish thing. Decadent Swedes have two Halloweens; I have never wanted to live there more than right now.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:28:38 pm by smirk »
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #170148 on: March 24, 2016, 05:12:25 pm »

Done watched four seasons of House of Cards.

Spoiler: Relationship goals (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #170149 on: March 24, 2016, 05:19:03 pm »

Yup. According to swedish folklore all witches fly to the island of Blåkulla on Pink Thursday to party with the devil and renew their contracts. For some reason it became tradition to dress up kids as witches on this day and let them walk around and collect candy in exchange for Easter greetings (I suppose originally it was a "candy or witchcraft" kind of deal like "trick or treat" for halloween). I remember when we were kids and did the in my grandmother's area and one of the old ladies there always gave us wine instead of candy - except she was a religious teetotaller herself so it was always really old, really sour wine :V

We also used to have another similar tradition on Lucia day where young men would walk door to door and sing Christmas songs for booze - sort of like carolling, except the "trick or treat" element was drunk hooligans threatening to wreck your shit unless you sufficiently snaps'd them.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #170150 on: March 24, 2016, 05:24:54 pm »

Sweden sounds AWESOME. Except for the cold. That's kind of a non-starter for me.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170151 on: March 24, 2016, 05:32:18 pm »

Sign me the Hel up
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170152 on: March 24, 2016, 07:12:32 pm »

Done watched four seasons of House of Cards.

Spoiler: Relationship goals (click to show/hide)
Right? Those two are just awesome together.

I should add that I only ever watched like half of the first season.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #170153 on: March 24, 2016, 07:26:22 pm »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170154 on: March 24, 2016, 07:35:42 pm »

Apparently my life has become more interesting as of late.

Met someone. On tuesday a simple lunch turned into an 8 hour talk(I don't talk much) where we consumed a bottle of wine(I don't drink wine) and had dinner at 10 in the evening while drunk on wine half an hour before the pizza place closed. On thursday I went to a mormon church(I'm not religious in the least), where we learned english(I was mostly there to hear the missionaries american accent, the way americans pronounce estonian words is absolutely amazing) and talked about god(which I have always wanted to have a debate/ask about). And today I went to a hidden bar, that has literally no signage, so the only way you can know it exists is when someone tells you where it is, and there I listened to a bunch of people sing and play guitar and tell poems and some dude read aloud excerpts from something which I didn't actually understand.

And there is now a case of unrequited love in my life, that isn't in the form of "I asked someone out and they refused". I should probably be sad that she isn't interested in a relationship, but I'm actually more amused by the whole thing, and by the fact that this has apparently happened to another dude right before me, a dude that I would consider "better" than myself. I find it funny how similar I can be to someone, and also how utterly different in the way that I live. I find it funny how finding just one person that I deeply enjoy being around can alter my behaviour so much for a short duration.

I feel alive. Like I have gotten a taste of something I could have, and not in the way of "if I suddenly become amazing I could have it", but in that the requirements are far lesser than that. That I don't need to change myself completely, so much as just go out into the world and enjoy myself and do the things I actually want to do.

So that's my happy thought of the day. I doubt I will just suddenly fundamentally alter the way I live, but I am happy I have gotten the opportunity to actually feel anything other than apathy. And who knows, maybe it'll last.

I'm gonna go watch the flash now, at 2.30 AM cause I just ate a burger, am slightly tipsy, and feel like watching it. You have a nice night everyone!

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #170155 on: March 24, 2016, 07:47:35 pm »

I will have a nice night!

You know why? I was cooking a nice dinner for myself. Rice, vegetables, cheese, more vegetables, you know. Good stuff. But I was getting distracted by hunger, and decided to have a swig of milk out of the jug to tide myself over. And I realized, at that moment, that I didn't really want the food I was cooking. I just wanted to sit down and drink half a gallon of milk, for no reason. So that's what I'm doing right now. There is a curious sense of freedom in doing stupid things like this, plus I'll have a delicious and nutritious meal left over tomorrow morning, when I'll need it most (due to the competition setup that will be going into overdrive as soon as class ends).

You have a nice night, too.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:53:11 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170156 on: March 24, 2016, 07:53:20 pm »

@cerapa:Go forth and live!

Good for you!

And not in the ironic way!

@Bauglir:GL there.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #170158 on: March 25, 2016, 12:06:22 am »

(I suppose originally it was a "candy or witchcraft" kind of deal like "trick or treat" for halloween)
Candy and witchcraft, at least in Finland on the other side of the Baltic Sea. The pagan and Christian traditions of Easter witches and Easter blessings have sort of smelted together. Nowadays we have children dressed up as witches showing up on our doorstep with decorated branches of pussy willow symbolizing magic wands/palm fronds, reciting a spell/blessing, and then asking for candy in exchange for the branch.

The spells/blessings themselves can be a little weird, too. As I understand it, obesity was a sign of wealth in olden times:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #170159 on: March 25, 2016, 05:24:00 am »

That's insightful! I really don't think I have developed a full understanding of how it works between them yet, but there are moments when Underwoods are just something out of this world.

EDIT: There is also this thing, which I found out after some googling: first time I Robin Wright in a movie, it was Princess Bride, and that was a role I remembered (later I saw Forrest Gump where she played Jenny, but I sort of forgot that). And then in House of Cards, at some point, it just hit me like WHOOOOAH, that's Buttercup who aged pretty damn well.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:32:38 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 11342 11343 [11344] 11345 11346 ... 13325