Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11329 11330 [11331] 11332 11333 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15751693 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169950 on: March 19, 2016, 08:19:36 pm »

I still haven't bothered to try Undertale because honestly I didn't like the way the fandom looked either (crucify me) because I didn't like the way it looked and because I'm a cheap bastard who doesn't like to spend money. The more I see people talking about it the more I feel like a shit for not trying it. >_<

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169951 on: March 19, 2016, 08:20:36 pm »

You really should try it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #169952 on: March 19, 2016, 08:26:43 pm »

I really should get a computer that can run it...
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #169953 on: March 19, 2016, 08:31:37 pm »

And ignore what people SAY about the fandom, as it's mostly bullshit. People whining that it's cancerous blah de blah. It's honestly not that terrible and people who whine about it are often just as bad.

Yeah no it's legitimately bad. The most visible parts of the fandom love to criticize people that don't play the game the "right" way and had to be told to not pick on one of the donators by toby fox himself.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169954 on: March 19, 2016, 08:32:14 pm »

They're that bad?  Really?  Yikes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169955 on: March 19, 2016, 08:32:52 pm »

Its a 2d sprite game, surely you already have one?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #169956 on: March 19, 2016, 08:34:20 pm »

They're that bad?  Really?  Yikes.

Yeah, when it was current you couldn't kill a single monster on youtube or a public stream without people dogpliling you over it.

Its a 2d sprite game, surely you already have one?

It's gamemaker, which boosts the requirements somewhat. It should run mostly fine on most pcs I THINK though.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #169957 on: March 19, 2016, 08:38:47 pm »

And ignore what people SAY about the fandom, as it's mostly bullshit. People whining that it's cancerous blah de blah. It's honestly not that terrible and people who whine about it are often just as bad.

Yeah no it's legitimately bad. The most visible parts of the fandom love to criticize people that don't play the game the "right" way and had to be told to not pick on one of the donators by toby fox himself.
I think that KosS is getting at the fact that the people you're talking about are a vocal minority. Most of the people I know who've played it are mature about Undertale, but the people in the general groups of ["PLAY MY WAY"/"MY PAIRING IS OTP"/"undertale best game u sai otherwise ur gon have a bad tem"/etc.] tend to be really, really loud about it.

But yeah it's a good game. I wouldn't say it's the best game, and I still maintain that Zelda: OoT or MGS3 should've won that GameFAQs popularity poll a few months back, but Undertale is excellent.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #169958 on: March 19, 2016, 09:03:32 pm »

Almost anything that's good has a rabid fandom.  Not fair to judge a work based on that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169959 on: March 19, 2016, 09:04:00 pm »

I despise the term 'Best Game Ever'. It's fucking pointless, everyone is going to disagree. Undertale was my GOTY of 2015. It's definitely now one of my favorites, but it won't ever be my favorite game.

There IS no best game. And yeah, Gunner. Literally all fandoms are like that-They're fine in general but there's the vocal minority that makes the rest look fucking abysmal.
(and personally i dislike OoT but hey like what you wanna like, dood)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169960 on: March 19, 2016, 09:19:57 pm »

Some playerbases really are worse than others, though.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169961 on: March 19, 2016, 09:38:41 pm »

I'm not so much impressed with the bullet hells or story or music.  I was amazed with all the innovations in interactive storytelling.  Most creative use of pc game narrative I'd possibly ever seen.  Gameplay elements directly integrated with the plot in meaningful fashion.  Extraordinary stuff on that front, in my opinion.

Actually, I thought the way that the battle system told a story was brilliant. The bullet patterns usually characterize who was using the attack, described their mood, their motive, their attitude toward the fight, or told a sort of visual story along with the dialogue that happens over the course of the fight; the timid or regretful monsters don't want to hit you, the second boss actually "feints," highlighting the next-to-hit attacks at first, then faking you out by highlighting different ones or changing the speed to sneak attacks in, all kind of things. It's so rare that games tell story with their mechanics and the actual acts of gameplay, rather than just with words, and it's awesome when someone does it well like that.

I have a lot of other praise for it, but I'mma cut myself off before I gush. It's definitely a game you want to all avoid spoilers going in to, though.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 09:41:16 pm by Solifuge »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #169962 on: March 19, 2016, 09:54:53 pm »

I despise the term 'Best Game Ever'. It's fucking pointless, everyone is going to disagree. Undertale was my GOTY of 2015. It's definitely now one of my favorites, but it won't ever be my favorite game.

There IS no best game. And yeah, Gunner. Literally all fandoms are like that-They're fine in general but there's the vocal minority that makes the rest look fucking abysmal.

There is such a thing as Best Game Ever. Only problem is it's ultra-subjective.

Unfortunately, a lot of people seem to think their opinion supersedes everyone else's, and that everyone should have the same taste in everything.

Another thing is things relative to other things. MGS2 for example; in my opinion it's the weakest of the MGS series, but I've still sank 100's of hours into it. Is good game.

Compare to ACIV: best game in the series imo, but the games are very weak overall. Yet I've still played most of them despite my issues with them for some utterly bizarre reason...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #169963 on: March 19, 2016, 09:56:51 pm »

I'm not so much impressed with the bullet hells or story or music.  I was amazed with all the innovations in interactive storytelling.  Most creative use of pc game narrative I'd possibly ever seen.  Gameplay elements directly integrated with the plot in meaningful fashion.  Extraordinary stuff on that front, in my opinion.

Actually, I thought the way that the battle system told a story was brilliant. The bullet patterns usually characterize who was using the attack, described their mood, their motive, their attitude toward the fight, or told a sort of visual story along with the dialogue that happens over the course of the fight; the timid or regretful monsters don't want to hit you, the second boss actually "feints," highlighting the next-to-hit attacks at first, then faking you out by highlighting different ones or changing the speed to sneak attacks in, all kind of things. It's so rare that games tell story with their mechanics and the actual acts of gameplay, rather than just with words, and it's awesome when someone does it well like that.

I have a lot of other praise for it, but I'mma cut myself off before I gush. It's definitely a game you want to all avoid spoilers going in to, though.

YES - exactly the type of thing I was talking about.  I mean I liked the story and everything, but this is the part that I loved.  So many moments that made me think "THAT WAS SO FUCKING CLEVER".

I've been pushing since my mid-teens that storytelling is central to the evolution of society and what it means to be human, and that video games are a major new step in the evolution of storytelling, so kind of a big deal.  Games like Undertale that actually use interactive elements as a part of the narrative are what I'm after, and they're far too rare.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #169964 on: March 19, 2016, 10:59:07 pm »

There is such a thing as Best Game Ever. Only problem is it's ultra-subjective.

Unfortunately, a lot of people seem to think their opinion supersedes everyone else's, and that everyone should have the same taste in everything.

Another thing is things relative to other things. MGS2 for example; in my opinion it's the weakest of the MGS series, but I've still sank 100's of hours into it. Is good game.

Compare to ACIV: best game in the series imo, but the games are very weak overall. Yet I've still played most of them despite my issues with them for some utterly bizarre reason...
which AC? :P
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 11329 11330 [11331] 11332 11333 ... 13325