Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11314 11315 [11316] 11317 11318 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15756400 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169725 on: March 14, 2016, 08:20:48 pm »

I need to sort out my British passport so I can join in with all you eurodorks.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #169726 on: March 14, 2016, 08:33:30 pm »

if you shook shook then you'll be shaking shook and then shook is shaken after having been a shaken shook

does that make me shoke??

But hey, it's a year away, plenty of time for me to actually acquire a recognizable Shook shirt. :v
So, out of curiosity and if you don't mind me asking, what are you going to be studying? I know there's a metric fuckton of options in that place, especially since they tend to assimilate other educational facilities. That sneaky AU logo has been showing up more and more places around me, and it's not going to be long before the entire city is Aarhus Univercity. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #169727 on: March 14, 2016, 08:37:42 pm »

Haha.

I'll be doing English while I'm there, but you are right in the number of course options - there are so many! But it's been narrowed down to the ones taught in English for me, as I don't know any Danish (which may become an issue.) I've looked at some modules, and there's one on poetry I'd like, and some others I'm thinking of.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #169728 on: March 14, 2016, 09:17:44 pm »

Ooo, cool. I'm pretty sure that's close to the university park, so you'll have that to enjoy as well. As for not knowing Danish... Well, rarely a problem inside AU (most books are in english, so pretty much all students and teachers can read and speak it passably), though it might be trickier outside. It's only really tourist attractions that come in multiple languages. :P

It's actually quite possible that the hardest part at first will be to not get lost in the myriad of roads, buildings and occasional underground passage (well, i only know of one, and that's in the Nat-Sci* area) that define campus, because dear god, i did NOT have an easy time finding the right places to be. It's quite possible that the only room indicator you'll get is along the lines of "1530-115", though i don't know how the faculties outside of Nat-Sci or IT work. :v

oh well sleepy time an hour ago

* natural science(s)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169729 on: March 14, 2016, 09:24:57 pm »

As for identifying Shook:You mean you DON'T have Hatfish?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #169730 on: March 14, 2016, 09:38:27 pm »

If I shook Shook back, then Shook would be Shookee? Or would we both be shaken, and thus Shook?
i think you'll find the word you're looking for isn't shaken, it's shooken
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169731 on: March 14, 2016, 10:38:48 pm »

Shook is actually HAMSTONE.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169732 on: March 14, 2016, 10:41:25 pm »

Does shook rhyme with book or moon?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169733 on: March 14, 2016, 10:41:53 pm »

Book, from where I stand.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #169734 on: March 15, 2016, 12:42:47 am »

So I'll probably end up applying, this summer, to take a year off and spend it in Rome at what can really only be described as "Latin Camp by Opus Dei". It's a fully-funded- room, board, tuition- Classics program in Rome where only Latin and Greek are spoken. The campus is owned by a Catholic religious order- they won't say which but I strongly suspect it's Opus Dei- so the program is male-only, and no drinking or non-classical music are allowed on campus, though you do get part of the weekend off to go have a normal existence in Rome.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169735 on: March 15, 2016, 12:44:58 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:14:51 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169736 on: March 15, 2016, 12:53:54 am »

Vile bedbugs have been poisoned!  The only way I could be more satisfied is if my own hatred of the nasty little bastards could be weaponized in order to eliminate the whole species.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #169737 on: March 15, 2016, 01:10:38 am »

You have bedbugs and you're not incinerating the mattress?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169738 on: March 15, 2016, 01:18:10 am »

Not a viable option, I'd like to use the US Army paradigm of lighting off the whole structure, but it's a wood house in a residential area, they'll incarcerate me for arson.

We trashed all our mattresses, thoroughly laundered all cloth articles, had the exterminator lay poison (though we'd already manually killed the majority of the living ones, gotta get the eggs too.)

His professional opinion is that we should have this nipped in the bud, and while I remain vigilant against the worthless bloodsuckers, I am inclined to agree with the educated viewpoint.  If we've still got problems in a few weeks he'll hit it again, and again as needed.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #169739 on: March 15, 2016, 01:30:39 am »

I tried to make an awful sonic recolor

I think I may have failed?
Pages: 1 ... 11314 11315 [11316] 11317 11318 ... 13325