Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11285 11286 [11287] 11288 11289 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762404 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169290 on: March 02, 2016, 04:09:39 pm »

Considering they owned the entirety of Indonesia, the largest Muslim nation... Yeah, Netherlands were pretty stronk for a while. If the English weren't the English, then they could have contended with France for top dog.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #169292 on: March 02, 2016, 07:43:47 pm »

Good grief, that guy must be a DF player to be crazy enough to undertake the task of building such a thing. With that said, i'm glad he did, because that really IS awesome. :v

Also today i poked my brother about some really not very well hidden bottles beneath his bed, which i was actually kind of anxious about. I mean, who knows how he'd react to that? I just figured i'd tell him to hide them a bit better before mom notices, mostly because i'd have to listen to her eternal reprimanding as well. I don't care about it as long as he has it under control (which it does seem like, since he's not even hung over in the mornings), we're both adults and all that. I don't think dad would flip out, he only flips out behind the steering wheel of a car, but mom's... Really quite eager to correct our shortcomings, and seems to favour the metaphorical whip over the metaphorical carrot. On top of that, both her and my brother are stubborn as hell, so once the arguing starts, it pretty much takes a third party intervention to stop it. Mom needs to learn anger management (and how to cope with being wrong), brother needs to learn when arguing is a lost cause. >.>

BUT ANYWAYS, bro' didn't freak out like i was fearing he would, and it hasn't damaged our friendship in the slightest (which was my main concern), so that's cool. I mean, i've known about his Secret Night Drinking(tm) for a long time now, i just figured that it'd be easier for both of us if we didn't have to worry about keeping it hidden/pretending to not have seen anything. That's one less blatantly obvious secret to have nagging in the back of my head. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169293 on: March 03, 2016, 01:55:13 am »

I got an award at Walmart today for doing my job that I didn't know about until today when I got my pay-stubs (I'm a few pay weeks behind... The personnel people are never around when I work). The note said I saw we were out of a salad, so I went to the back, grabbed it, and let them have first pick. Which is something I do for everyone. I seriously thought this was part of what it was to be working in my department, but hey, I got a nice morale-boosting letter, a button, my name added to a board and 75$ added to my pay a couple months ago, so huzzah!

Only thing I'm confused about is that, if this happens for the month of December, how on earth did it take me until the beginning of March to find this out? Like, isn't 75$ extra something that your boss would want to tell you about?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #169294 on: March 03, 2016, 01:59:06 am »

okay this is an odd question for me to be asking but what is the lead instrument here

because i want one

EDIT: also, MGS2's soundtrack goddamn

EDIT 2: Actually, about that MGS2 soundtrack, you should watch every video on that channel??

EDIT 3: holy shit

EDIT 4: MORE ANIME THAN ANIME
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:12:55 am by Putnam »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #169295 on: March 03, 2016, 02:09:29 am »

Only thing I'm confused about is that, if this happens for the month of December, how on earth did it take me until the beginning of March to find this out? Like, isn't 75$ extra something that your boss would want to tell you about?
Bureaucracy. A summer job I once had gave out bonuses for "being an everyday hero", as nominated by coworkers, but the bonuses weren't liquid money: they were small, useful things like beach chairs, umbrellas, towels or pocket knives, as well as an informal diploma put on the cafeteria wall. The reason for that was that actually messing with someone's pay requires several forms to be filed in triplicate, and ain't nobody got time for that.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169296 on: March 03, 2016, 02:59:27 am »

So I posted on something recently and the results came out on further testing--no parasites or other bad stuff :D Still feel sick but yay! Health!

Also busy at a PC shop doing things, I've remembered why I love stringed/woodwind instruments in instrumentals. The tune = ♥
I feel [more] motivated to finally do stuff! X_x

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #169297 on: March 03, 2016, 03:23:14 am »

okay this is an odd question for me to be asking but what is the lead instrument here

because i want one

EDIT 2: Actually, about that MGS2 soundtrack, you should watch every video on that channel??

It's an EWI, and that sounds like some variant on a synth saxophone.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169298 on: March 03, 2016, 03:33:43 am »

I don't know why watching the slow-motion trainwreck that is the Super Best Friends' XCOM 2 LP is so entertaining, but it totally is.

Something about the combination of gross incompetence, drastic overestimation of their own ability, and occasional moments of genuinely terrible luck just makes me chortle more than is probably healthy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #169299 on: March 03, 2016, 05:14:24 am »

I've been getting a lot of writing done recently and I like it. It gives me a good feeling of having accomplished something, even if it's just an update for an online civilization suggestion game thing. Doesn't stop it from being around 2k words long at only a fifth at best completed.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #169300 on: March 03, 2016, 05:21:53 am »

because i want one

It's an EWI, and that sounds like some variant on a synth saxophone.
And it seems the guitarist is hooked to a guitar/synthesizer controller to the same synth sound.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169301 on: March 03, 2016, 05:26:24 am »

... update for an online civilization suggestion game around 2k words long at only a fifth at best completed.
I've tried running games with that much wordsiness.
It didn't work. Good luck.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #169302 on: March 03, 2016, 07:10:37 am »

I've fired the first shot in babby's first Wikipedia (well, Wiktionary) edit flamewar over something completely petty. Nothing like scholarly bickering to inflate my ego.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #169304 on: March 03, 2016, 04:25:25 pm »

Awesome. I really oughta check it out properly once i get back into dorfing, so i can see just how terrible conditions my dorfs are living in. :v

Also, today i bought MOAR RAM for my PC, on the basis of XCOM 2 running like shit and making my computer run like shit in general (and seeing 98% memory usage in task manager). Much to my surprise, there was actually a very significant improvement in performance after installing the RAM, so for once i actually nailed the diagnosis. It's not like "yeah maybe it's running 2 FPS higher than before", it's like more than halved loading times, much fewer (and shorter) pauses, and noticably improved frame rate despite not changing any settings. I like it when one can get that kind of improvement for such a small amount of dosh. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 11285 11286 [11287] 11288 11289 ... 13325