Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11279 11280 [11281] 11282 11283 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757226 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169200 on: February 29, 2016, 06:33:52 am »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:35:19 pm by penguinofhonor »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #169201 on: February 29, 2016, 06:37:19 am »

Unrelated, I just realised how much I like the story that a hadeda (iridescent ibis, I think) crying while flying over a house means someone's going to die. It just fits the sound so well.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169202 on: February 29, 2016, 06:52:23 am »

Unrelated.
Yet it clicked into place for me.
Every time a B12er is about to get the hammer...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #169203 on: February 29, 2016, 07:14:19 am »

Unrelated, I just realised how much I like the story that a hadeda (iridescent ibis, I think) crying while flying over a house means someone's going to die. It just fits the sound so well.

Over here in Sweden (and probably other parts of the region) there's an insect called a Death Clock. It hangs out in your walls and makes a constant ticking noice like an old clock, and when you hear it it meaner that somebody in the house is going to die.
Love, scriver~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #169204 on: February 29, 2016, 07:19:18 am »

Over here in Sweden (and probably other parts of the region) there's an insect called a Death Clock. It hangs out in your walls and makes a constant ticking noice like an old clock, and when you hear it it meaner that somebody in the house is going to die.

Is it THIS beetle?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169205 on: February 29, 2016, 08:54:19 am »

Net disconnected 20 times in the last half hour. Hooray internet!
Which is just a vague approximate. Sometimes it's 15 seconds of fast connection (being the top speed our current connection accommodates) until stopping to a halt. Cue router reset. [x30]

And that's my happy--even if our connection sucks like a lemon, we has internets .-. (but seriously we're paying too much for this connection -.-[/moods])

Reminds me of folklore here--there are stories of butterflies being omens or symbols of some sort, like a black butterfly suddenly appearing in the room meaning someone's going to die. Surprisingly this has been seen in many places where there could be no sense of any butterfly species even existing in the vicinity [ie Black butterfly in the hospital? Wingspan at full length being an adult's palm and very visible near the top of a wall?]

I like how the world is still full of mystery and having much to learn from, and how open our methods of understanding are still flexible to accommodating them.

Edit: Nearly a 1:2 ratio of times reset'd per minute as the mean over a half hour timeframe. :v At least I can practice my statistics!
* Tiruin flops

Flop bonus: I have mastered the usage of opening notepad++, ctrl+a, ctrl+c, and ctrl+v in saving my posts! Hooray practice of keyboard shortcuts under necessity!
 :'(
I sometimes wonder if I'm in a comedic sketch as I interact with my router.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:02:49 am by Tiruin »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #169206 on: February 29, 2016, 10:13:11 am »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169207 on: February 29, 2016, 10:25:39 am »

This is where Ireland got it right.
There's nothing like a shrieking ethereal chick to really get the point across.
None of this "Do you think that's a deathknocker beetle?"
No, it's "HURRY UP AN' CARK, BLITHE! OI'M TRYIN' TO SLEEP."

Watched the Oscars. A bunch of the nominees stretched their thankstime to make a stand on rape culture, women's rights, racial whatchemer, global warming and the corporate influence on government.
It was enough that I sat up and noticed, anyway.
Honestly I'm really hoping this isn't a 'Miss America' thing where it's trendy to talk about a topical issue. I'd really like to believe people are using the spotlight to shine a spotlight.
... Like the movie, spotlight.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169208 on: February 29, 2016, 10:29:35 am »

Chris Rock was the only decent thing in the entire event, TBH, if just because it made a lot of academy people angry, which is good.

Not sure if the infinite torrent of memes that will come from DiCaprio winning an oscar is a good or bad thing.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169209 on: February 29, 2016, 11:11:52 am »

This is where Ireland got it right.
There's nothing like a shrieking ethereal chick to really get the point across.
None of this "Do you think that's a deathknocker beetle?"
No, it's "HURRY UP AN' CARK, BLITHE! OI'M TRYIN' TO SLEEP."

Watched the Oscars. A bunch of the nominees stretched their thankstime to make a stand on rape culture, women's rights, racial whatchemer, global warming and the corporate influence on government.
It was enough that I sat up and noticed, anyway.
Honestly I'm really hoping this isn't a 'Miss America' thing where it's trendy to talk about a topical issue. I'd really like to believe people are using the spotlight to shine a spotlight.
... Like the movie, spotlight.

The director of "The Big Short" railed against big business in his speech a bit. That's pretty much what the film was about.

Not sure Chris Rock would've made academy folk angry though. I mean, el presidente de l'academy (yas mixed language such probably doesn't even make sense!) was up there talking about diversity and shit at one point.

I'm glad Mad Max didn't win what I would consider "major" awards, though. I didn't think it was great as a story or anything like that (despite the acting heavyweights they had) but it was quite a stunning movie, otherwise.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169210 on: February 29, 2016, 12:15:48 pm »

It won best music/makeup/set design/cinematography/sound/sound-editing and whatever else.
Sure. Nothing Important.

Chris Rock was honestly my least favourite. He was a bit of a tool.
I did enjoy laughing at the academy's big "WE'RE NOT RACIST" campaign though. They had-at.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169211 on: February 29, 2016, 12:30:57 pm »

It wasn't best picture/director/screenplay/actor/actress/supporting actor/actress though.

I have never know anyone to watch a movie purely on the basis it has fandabby music/sound-editing/make-up. Not that it'll never happen, of course (or I know too few people, which could easily be the case) but movies are generally sold on the quality of other things.

The best cinematography thing, for example. Dude has won it three years running, and I still can't remember his name.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #169212 on: February 29, 2016, 12:43:28 pm »

Small Happy: Guessing which username and password you used for a website you haven't logged into for nearly a year, on the first try.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #169213 on: February 29, 2016, 12:47:52 pm »

I'm not saying DiCaprio didn't deserve an Oscar in general (all of his major roles he played perfectly), but this year it should've gone to Cranston, IMHO.

No really, DiCaprio's role in Revenant is hardly something beyond "grimy survivor with dark past" trope with barely a page worth of spoken lines through the whole movie. He played that masterfully, delivering an amazing performance, being the talented actor he is, but there isn't much to that role to begin with.

E: Mark Rylance's award is due though. Sort of sad Jennifer Jason Leigh got nothing for her part in Hateful Eight, I liked it very much.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:51:57 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169214 on: February 29, 2016, 12:52:42 pm »

I have never know anyone to watch a movie purely on the basis it has fandabby music/sound-editing/make-up.
Mad Max?

I walked into the cinema wanting Vroom and Boom.
They gave me a lightning-fire-tornado, and it escalated from there.
Needless to say I was content with what was provided.
Pages: 1 ... 11279 11280 [11281] 11282 11283 ... 13325