Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11276 11277 [11278] 11279 11280 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762630 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169155 on: February 28, 2016, 03:41:18 pm »

Don't lots of people play medic? Or have all the silly medic strategies petered out? I haven't played tf2 in a while.
Good Medics are uncommon enough for one to appreciate when they appear. There is usually a Medic of mediocre skill on both teams of a 12v12 pub, simply because someone figures their team can't win unless someone plays support. Quite often, I end up being that someone.
Still not as bad as spies. As someone who is better at spai than any other class, it really pisses me off when I see spais who just transform into pyros and run straight at you. Or spais who sap your sentry before your very eyes as if you won't notice. Or spais who just suck at spai really badly in general. I tend to see one of these three spais every 5 seconds or so.
I tend to BE one of those three spais every other game I play.

The rest of the time I rock, though.

Honestly playing spy is like playing russian roulette. Sometimes you are freaking amazing, the other times you have a 1-1000 kraft dinner ratio.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169156 on: February 28, 2016, 03:45:17 pm »

I avoided drunkposting. Go me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169157 on: February 28, 2016, 04:53:47 pm »

I didn't.
woo.

House of Cards is pretty good so far, though.  Also maybe... hm.  Let's say, maybe a close family member didn't betray me like as I thought.  Not that I know for sure, but hope is enough for me.

I finally cleaned up the apartment some yesterday, which felt great.  Went hiking, enjoyed the clean air, saw the stars clearly.
Also it rained a lot during my depression bender over the last week.  Rain is nice.  Also I managed to perform my duties sufficiently despite my issues.

Things are going better than I expected, and that's cause for happiness.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169158 on: February 28, 2016, 07:19:06 pm »

Rocket launches are pretty awesome.

EDIT: and then there was a pad abort. Oh well.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 07:26:03 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169159 on: February 28, 2016, 07:37:20 pm »

Doctor Pepper and Civilization is a good evening. I've also selected my courses, and am fairly happy-Computer Science and Technical Support will be fun.

Yay, life choices.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #169160 on: February 28, 2016, 08:27:52 pm »

So, um, yeah, I was sitting by my computer, playing FTL. I swear it was not 4 AM five minutes ago when it was early evening.
Rarely I find myself so invested in a chain of procedurally generated events.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #169161 on: February 28, 2016, 09:00:47 pm »

Don't lots of people play medic? Or have all the silly medic strategies petered out? I haven't played tf2 in a while.
Good Medics are uncommon enough for one to appreciate when they appear. There is usually a Medic of mediocre skill on both teams of a 12v12 pub, simply because someone figures their team can't win unless someone plays support. Quite often, I end up being that someone.
Still not as bad as spies. As someone who is better at spai than any other class, it really pisses me off when I see spais who just transform into pyros and run straight at you. Or spais who sap your sentry before your very eyes as if you won't notice. Or spais who just suck at spai really badly in general. I tend to see one of these three spais every 5 seconds or so.
I tend to BE one of those three spais every other game I play.

The rest of the time I rock, though.

Honestly playing spy is like playing russian roulette. Sometimes you are freaking amazing, the other times you have a 1-1000 kraft dinner ratio.
I'm kind of imagining you as a mittens spy heavy, tickling your way through the terrified enemies.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169162 on: February 28, 2016, 09:03:48 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #169163 on: February 28, 2016, 09:49:29 pm »

After an email I really needed from a friend helped point me in the right direction, I am feeling a lot better about the current and future state of Muh Feels. Think I kinda forgot who I was for a while there. Not in the amnesia sense, more in the sense of lost my way[/kill la kill soundtrack].

Also, I've caught up on a shitload of work this weekend. Little of it Behemoth-related, but still! It's nice. I'm still stressed, but I'm channeling that into useful things now instead of video games and moping. I mean, there's still a bit of both, but in much more reasonable amounts. It's nice having a clean room, and more importantly a clean desk, for once.

I'm going to art now (read: after catching up on forum business).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #169164 on: February 28, 2016, 10:01:25 pm »

Looking forward to all the animated movies coming out this year, after how slow 2015 was. Only Yesterday's getting a dub, finally!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #169165 on: February 28, 2016, 10:06:47 pm »

I made a random name generator for my roguelike game. It's literally just randomly sampling words but there's something very satisfying about crossing the Unimportant Alps to reach the Sloppy Plain.

Looking forward to all the animated movies coming out this year
Kizumonogatari, Heaven's Feel, woo
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169166 on: February 28, 2016, 10:14:29 pm »

Purchased Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX for the 3DS today. It came with a cute wallet chain. Holy shit, I didn't think games came with this kind of thing anymore.

...Granted, it's probably not something a 28-year-old man should sport on their wallet. Then again the only thing on it that points to it being from a rhythm game starring a synthetic songstress is the game's title, and you have to get close to read it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #169167 on: February 28, 2016, 10:16:02 pm »

I made a random name generator for my roguelike game. It's literally just randomly sampling words but there's something very satisfying about crossing the Unimportant Alps to reach the Sloppy Plain.

Looking forward to all the animated movies coming out this year
Kizumonogatari, Heaven's Feel, woo
Well, I dunno much about anime stuff (aside from Ghibli, woo!) but regardless, gonna be a lot to look forward to!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #169168 on: February 28, 2016, 10:25:14 pm »

Purchased Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX for the 3DS today. It came with a cute wallet chain.
Diabeetus.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169169 on: February 28, 2016, 10:27:54 pm »

...Granted, it's probably something literally every person on earth ever should sport on their wallet.
Fixed. :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 11276 11277 [11278] 11279 11280 ... 13325