Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11274 11275 [11276] 11277 11278 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760662 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169125 on: February 27, 2016, 03:11:23 pm »

Heh, you just gave me a happy by bringing up good memories. A few years back, my English teacher was asked what the spice is in English. Her response: "Well, it's, of course, 'kinnamon'." She then wrote KINNAMON in all caps on the whiteboard, so this wasn't just a case of a mispronounced C. Half the class facepalmed and it even got re-enacted by students in that year's 'most memorable moments' video.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169126 on: February 27, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »

Yay!  I happified someone!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169127 on: February 27, 2016, 06:00:50 pm »

Fred Rogers was a Presbyterian minister and children's show host, and is widely considered in the US to have been one of the nicest and best people to have ever lived.
Obligatory:

As for the thread's new title:

⊂二二二( ^ω^)二⊃ ⊂二二二( ^ω^)二⊃ ⊂二二二( ^ω^)二⊃

Is that correct?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #169128 on: February 27, 2016, 07:04:15 pm »

I had a really nasty headache when I woke up that's now finally gone, now all I have wrong with my head is the dull remaining pain from a nasty headwound.

As for the thread's new title:

⊂二二二( ^ω^)二⊃ ⊂二二二( ^ω^)二⊃ ⊂二二二( ^ω^)二⊃

Is that correct?

I'm not sure but it's cute.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169129 on: February 27, 2016, 07:06:15 pm »

Yay?

I hope the headwound heals up soon...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #169130 on: February 27, 2016, 07:09:12 pm »

I'm far past the point of any issues relating to it besides the pain, but thanks for your concern.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:34:44 pm by Gunner-Chan »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169131 on: February 27, 2016, 07:25:44 pm »

Oh thank goodness.
Sigtext

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #169132 on: February 27, 2016, 11:10:20 pm »

1. I have begun to enjoy watching sports games after seeing a softball game in person. Even when you're not holding the bat, ball, or glove, the game can be quite the rush.

2. I have begun to enjoy my time as Medic in Team Fortress 2, knowing that I helped keep the "time until respawn" screen at bay for a lot longer. This is especially good since I play Medic most often (because no-one else plays it). Also, I've been visualizing the action as if it were some kind of comic, which makes it many times more entertaining and fun, even when I lose. Also, working together with strangers out of sheer instinct (if by "work together" you mean "healing everyone who isn't an enemy") makes me happy, but in a game called Team Fortress 2...

It was inevitable.

Happiness is inevitable.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169133 on: February 27, 2016, 11:45:50 pm »

YOU GOOD DOCTOR!
--Heavy
Sigtext

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #169134 on: February 27, 2016, 11:46:54 pm »

Don't lots of people play medic? Or have all the silly medic strategies petered out? I haven't played tf2 in a while.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #169135 on: February 27, 2016, 11:51:01 pm »

The great thing about playing Medic is that you can help people without relying on them. I mean, you need them a little to protect you, but generally even the worst TF2 players will try to kill the enemy, and that tend to be a good defense.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169136 on: February 27, 2016, 11:53:54 pm »

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #169137 on: February 28, 2016, 12:46:24 am »

The best burrito is the one you buy, slightly drunk and too late at night, because you not only have eaten so little this day that giving into the temptation merely puts you at ordinary caloric intake for the day, but also the only person you feel compelled against all sense, decency, and logic to impress is out of town. This latter part is incredibly silly, but you'd be amazed at how much stress is caused by the juxtaposition of aspiring to be healthy and the knowledge that you're really only doing this to please somebody who probably doesn't care - and that such an attitude is inherently unhealthy on several levels. Lots of cognitive dissonance lately, and to be able to bypass this with a simple "Fuck yes, burrito" is a wonderful change of pace. I have had other problems with my mindset, but this was a good one to be spared for a night.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #169138 on: February 28, 2016, 01:09:04 am »

Don't lots of people play medic? Or have all the silly medic strategies petered out? I haven't played tf2 in a while.
Good Medics are uncommon enough for one to appreciate when they appear. There is usually a Medic of mediocre skill on both teams of a 12v12 pub, simply because someone figures their team can't win unless someone plays support. Quite often, I end up being that someone.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #169139 on: February 28, 2016, 01:14:36 am »

Good Medics are uncommon enough for one to appreciate when they appear. There is usually a Medic of mediocre skill on both teams of a 12v12 pub, simply because someone figures their team can't win unless someone plays support. Quite often, I end up being that someone.
Still not as bad as spies. As someone who is better at spai than any other class, it really pisses me off when I see spais who just transform into pyros and run straight at you. Or spais who sap your sentry before your very eyes as if you won't notice. Or spais who just suck at spai really badly in general. I tend to see one of these three spais every 5 seconds or so.
Pages: 1 ... 11274 11275 [11276] 11277 11278 ... 13325