Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11272 11273 [11274] 11275 11276 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755294 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169095 on: February 26, 2016, 09:12:49 pm »

Huh, I didn't know he was a minister.  Not surprising though.
...  I heard he served in the military, but apparently that's just an urban legend.

Basically he was the biggest single star of the puppet shows on PBS (America's Public Broadcasting Service).  Like Sesame Street or Shining Time Station but with less humans, basically just him and the mailman.  He was absurdly nice all the time, and the mailman was cool too.

I think Sesame Street did a better job setting up problems and showing how to resolve them, but he was a very comforting figure for a lot of kids.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #169096 on: February 26, 2016, 09:17:20 pm »

aaaaaaaaaaa didney

So i've been watching some of those ubiquitous funny moment compilations of Disney's works, and oh mein gott i am reminded of how much i love Disney and how big a part they've played in my childhood (this being on top of some nice laughs, of course). Fuckin' 'ell, at some point i'll have to start a Disney marathon where i watch all of their animated films in sequence, or at least the ones we actually own in this house. The cool thing about their animations is that as i get better at arting myself, they just look even more amazing. Especially the big movies have seriously incredible art and animation quality, running at basically the same frame rate as an actual live action film. No wonder i've grown up to like cartoony art styles. :v

Also, curiously enough, among the many great characters that Disney is responsible for, my favourite would be their version of Pegasus. He's a goofy winged horse with a penchant for silent snarking and a mohawk that would make Mr. T proud, what's not to like? :P (also, Genie is a VERY close second)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169097 on: February 26, 2016, 09:19:14 pm »

Huh, I didn't know he was a minister.  Not surprising though.
...  I heard he served in the military, but apparently that's just an urban legend.

Basically he was the biggest single star of the puppet shows on PBS (America's Public Broadcasting Service).  Like Sesame Street or Shining Time Station but with less humans, basically just him and the mailman.  He was absurdly nice all the time, and the mailman was cool too.

I think Sesame Street did a better job setting up problems and showing how to resolve them, but he was a very comforting figure for a lot of kids.

I didn't know he was a minister until after he died either. Honestly, I don't really think it matters either way. He was perhaps one of the best role models ever. He never served in the military, though I think one of his audio techs was in WWII, and that's pretty much it.

Oh, and one of the comments on that Cracked article sums it up pretty well:

One day when I was in Sunday school, the teacher asked us who the nicest person in the world was. The answer was supposed to be Jesus. I said Mr. Rogers.

The teacher could not correct me. She couldn't bring herself to say Mr. Rogers wasn't the nicest person in the world.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #169098 on: February 26, 2016, 09:25:51 pm »

In the list of things I did not expect, GC being a mom would be right next to the Inquisition and GC's daughter being a Catholic.

So many questions.
daughter
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat

I swear everything I learn about you only makes you more interesting. Does that sounds creepy? Probably. Whatever.

...is it weird that I already knew that?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169099 on: February 26, 2016, 09:27:03 pm »

Probably not. The topic's come up at least a few times in the past.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #169100 on: February 26, 2016, 09:28:33 pm »

And I have the remarkable ability to absorb disturbing amounts of info amount of people from offhanded remarks, then never remember how I know that.

I try not to bring it up too often, since that's a perfect combination for people to think I'm a stalker.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169101 on: February 26, 2016, 09:32:28 pm »

Aye, it's come up before.

I woke up and ooh look food. Omnomnomnom.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #169102 on: February 26, 2016, 09:33:27 pm »

And I have the remarkable ability to absorb disturbing amounts of info amount of people from offhanded remarks, then never remember how I know that.

This is unfortunately not a special ability, it's called having a functioning long term memory.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169103 on: February 26, 2016, 09:37:20 pm »

This is unfortunately not a special ability, it's called having a functioning long term memory.
^ This pretty much. :)

On another happy note: I'm finally finishing art stuffs under anxiety. Hooray progress \o/

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #169104 on: February 26, 2016, 09:42:26 pm »

Woah woah woah woah I have not yet heard about this.

Adoptive, I'd presume, or...? (Unless you don't want to mention it, of course.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169105 on: February 26, 2016, 09:56:44 pm »

Fun fact: many people on Bay12 are parents.

Some just make a bigger deal about it than others.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #169106 on: February 26, 2016, 09:58:06 pm »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:37:45 pm by penguinofhonor »

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169107 on: February 26, 2016, 10:32:19 pm »

Wish I could be at least as good as him though ._. one day.
He had an unshakeable faith in the goodness of humanity, without expectation or judgement. He'd be absolutely delighted that you give so much time to everyone around you, Tir =D

Fun fact: many people on Bay12 are parents.

Some just make a bigger deal about it than others.
Where else are we going to get farming and pump operator trainees for our compounds forts? Kidnapping gets noticed.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169108 on: February 26, 2016, 11:22:29 pm »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169109 on: February 26, 2016, 11:25:45 pm »

[Awesome image]
This gave me nostalgia on when I first encountered machinery or anything automated on a slope >_> I would cheer whatever it was onwards as it gradually approached the top, slowing down for good measure, until it hit the apex and then tumbled or rolled downhill in a very fast motion.

I can even hear those gears. Happy nostalgia! ._.

Edoot:
Wish I could be at least as good as him though ._. one day.
He had an unshakeable faith in the goodness of humanity, without expectation or judgement. He'd be absolutely delighted that you give so much time to everyone around you, Tir =D
I remembered him from people who told me about him before :D (cue my forgetfulness happening). I bet he'd also be delighted in everyone-not-me because they're awesome.
I don't give enough time, honestly. :/ I need to know more before I can help more.

I found videos of him on Youtube! :D [Which are bookmarked for later viewing because the net here is unstable ._.] but he's...very awesome.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 02:01:01 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 11272 11273 [11274] 11275 11276 ... 13325