Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11210 11211 [11212] 11213 11214 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753621 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #168165 on: February 02, 2016, 06:06:47 pm »

Inner-ear-equivalent in the palm, to help with balance and kinesthetic sense.
Light-receptive skin cells, possibly allowing you to read screens without looking at them.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168166 on: February 02, 2016, 06:06:58 pm »

After 1 and 1/2 days of struggle, frustrated tears, prayer, and effort, I've finally gotten EvE Online to work.
Grats!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #168167 on: February 02, 2016, 06:09:52 pm »

If you could improve the hand, how would you do it?

I'm talking purely biological and excluding things that would help with tech.
Simple stuff. Bidirectional finger joints and more importantly rewire the sinews so that each finger has its full range of motion no matter what others do, not locking up each other as in vanilla hand. Maybe make it laterally stretchier.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168168 on: February 02, 2016, 06:13:35 pm »

I had a bagel-sandwich. Holy shit. I have been missing out on so much.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168169 on: February 02, 2016, 06:26:09 pm »

Inner-ear-equivalent in the palm, to help with balance and kinesthetic sense.
Light-receptive skin cells, possibly allowing you to read screens without looking at them.

Both are things I would very much not want in my hands when pitching a fastball.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #168170 on: February 02, 2016, 07:18:33 pm »

I had a bagel-sandwich. Holy shit. I have been missing out on so much.

Food. Food is good, indeed.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168171 on: February 02, 2016, 07:23:04 pm »

Having an inner ear in each hand would prob just make us extremely dizzy :v

And stuff like greatly increased strenght, retractable claws, carapace and etc would just directly conflict with what our hands evolved to be able to do, which is being very dextrous and having very fine control over how much force our hand muscles can put out at any given time. Like, gorilla hands are so damn strong that they can crush things merely with their grip strenght. They can literally rip the bark off trees with their hands and break bones, but a gorilla would never be able to, say, finely sew clothing, make fine cutting tools, crafting string for bows, properly handling throwing spears, etc, which are all skills that were pretty crucial to prehistoric humans. There's literally no animal on earth with such fine control over hand muscles as to surpass humans.

Claws wouldn't work because since our hands needed to be dextrous and skillful, they have adopted a rather fragile structure to which any significant claws would just be bothersome and ripped off without much effort. It works for big cats and birds because their limbs have strong muscles and tendons that have all adapted specifically to be able to strongly hold and apply great force with them, and why have claws when you can just make yourself a spear and be able to deal deadly damage to pretty much any animal?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:25:05 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168172 on: February 02, 2016, 07:27:05 pm »

So more dexterity?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168173 on: February 02, 2016, 07:29:44 pm »

That's not your question then.

May I suggest worldbuilding.stackexchange.com ?
Sigtext

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #168174 on: February 02, 2016, 08:17:09 pm »

Because metal is not strong enough in this case.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm not talking about a person. It has a carapace. Because that is part of it's body structure.

It's just that I need a stable shape that can do most things pretty well. Hands are good, but I want to know if there's something better.
For a large lizardy/saurian thing, i'd probably be looking at birds of prey instead of primates. They can walk on their feet, kill things with their feet, and grab things with their feet. Not NEARLY as dextrous as human hands, of course, but i don't think anything is, really.

also right now i'm happy because i feel an urge to art things and that confirms to me that i'm not just pretending to like arting woo
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168175 on: February 02, 2016, 08:49:54 pm »

I learned that I can play a minigame in the Gen VI Pokemon games where you can make faces at/with your Pokemon. Happy because the 3DS camera can recognize my facial expressions like that. Even better is that managed to win a few of these games with my Ralts. Better as this group of minigames and assorted stats actually provide tangible bonuses in non-online battles(ie vs NPCs). With an affection level that goes from 0-5(though the first level requires a single affection point, level 5 requires 255), the first benefit at the second level is a 20% increase in EXP gain, third is a chance to survive any otherwise finishing blow at 1HP(and can trigger more than once a turn), fourth is a chance to dodge any incoming attack(and again, more than once a turn), and finally an increased chance for critical hits.

So yeah, happy because you can play with your virtual killing machines and turn them into more efficient killing machines in the process.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168176 on: February 02, 2016, 10:22:12 pm »

nice spoiler tag there

* Descan pets condescendingly
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168177 on: February 02, 2016, 10:24:05 pm »

Uhm. You may want to fix that, Caroline.

Anyway, happy: Got an emulator working. I've got the physical copies-I'm going to be playing Chrono Trigger all the way through and FF6. I'm excited to play them and enjoy something old.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #168178 on: February 02, 2016, 10:29:47 pm »

Vidja gaem happies~!

1. I played through all of Banner Saga! Wonderful game, wonderful art, wonderful music~[...]

3. I preordered XCOM 2~ The hype is killing me right now c:
Two awesome happies I'm happy seeing others play [because they're wonderful despite me not playing them xD]
Hooray yew! Happy to see how happy you are. :3

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #168179 on: February 02, 2016, 10:44:29 pm »

I actually made progress in a programming language today, in Unity more specifically :D
Pages: 1 ... 11210 11211 [11212] 11213 11214 ... 13325