Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11203 11204 [11205] 11206 11207 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762270 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #168060 on: February 01, 2016, 04:56:38 pm »

Quote from: DrMcNinja alt text
I could probably do a whole spinoff comic about the wizards and WOOPS I'VE DECIDED I'M GOING TO.
:D

Also today was bizarrely warm...  63, and yet with sizable lumps of snow still on the ground!  Spastic weather - oh yeah, a diner sign nearby actually read "GO HOME WINTER YOU'RE DRUNK".

Anyway I went out walking!  All the way up to the overlook through the college, IE the long way (and steep at the end).  And, ugh, it was kinda rough to be honest, but it felt good too.  Picked up some V8 on the way back and am having whatever you call a rum Bloody Mary.

Low-sodium V8 is soooo good.
(though I've been eating a crazy amount of potatoes recently, so maybe I should lay off if I'm drinking tomato juice too.  Nightshade toxin and all...)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #168061 on: February 01, 2016, 05:58:20 pm »

Today was a good day because I found a new reason to hate the modern world: the longest work of fiction ever written is this 4 million-word Super Smash Brothers fanfiction.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #168062 on: February 01, 2016, 05:59:45 pm »

wow that's a completely shitty reason to hate the modern world

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168063 on: February 01, 2016, 06:00:53 pm »

That's 5 bibles. Fucking what, that's insane.

Ninjad: Though yes, not hate-worthy.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168064 on: February 01, 2016, 06:02:18 pm »

I think FJ is being sarcastic, I mean this is the happy thread :P

But really yes that is a horrible reason to hate the world.  One of the most beautiful things about the world is the completely inane, sprawling, amazing, surprisingly creative works of fiction people come up with.  Including in the shared language of various fandoms.

Edit: I mean, I haven't read Fallout Equestria, but I love that it exists.  And I've read and enjoyed stupider...

Okay I'm literally reading a fanfic where the Imperium and Space Marines from Winter Assault get teleported into the beginning of Halo 2, along with the whispers of chaos, and some tyrannids for some reason??

It's stupid as hell and I love that it exists

Edit2:  I mean, Master Chief (John) rejected the forces of chaos because he "fights for mankind!"  and felt "a weight lift from his heart", which was obviously the Emperor smiling upon him
And just now he thanked his armor for cycling quickly, and the text points out "He was unknowingly praising the armor's machine spirit!"

There are so many their/they're/there mistakes and other typos, and I don't care.  This is great.

Edit3:  Even though the Mechanicus are being very polite with Cortana, who they should be decrying as an "Abominable Intelligence"
Kinda waiting for a big reveal where they try to excise the aberration, the second the xeno invasion is dealt with.  The fic does emphasize the differences and tension between the Imperium and the UNSC, but they're united in protection of Earth/Holy Terra.  For now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:25:46 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #168065 on: February 01, 2016, 06:29:04 pm »

Today was a good day because I found a new reason to hate the modern world: the longest work of fiction ever written is this 4 million-word Super Smash Brothers fanfiction.
sweet zombie jesus that's 5 homestucks
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #168066 on: February 01, 2016, 06:34:33 pm »

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:37:47 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #168067 on: February 01, 2016, 06:42:05 pm »

That's alright; it's still a bit under four Prousts.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168068 on: February 01, 2016, 06:44:06 pm »

Homestuck is basically a picture book.
So at the very least, it's less writing, although unlikely less effort.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168069 on: February 01, 2016, 06:45:24 pm »

Praise Hussie. May his rhymes be fresh and his horses majestic.

EDIT: Nope, it's word count. There's lots of them. One of the flashes has nearly 19000 words of dialogue.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:47:18 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #168070 on: February 01, 2016, 06:46:50 pm »

-4 million-word Super Smash Brothers fanfiction-
That's 5 bibles.
that's 5 homestucks

Wait a minute.

That's actually wrong; the KJV is 58.8% the size of Homestuck, so it's more like 3 homestucks.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #168071 on: February 01, 2016, 06:47:55 pm »

Homestuck is basically a picture book.
So at the very least, it's less writing, although unlikely less effort.
going off this, it's got 812,000ish words, compared to about 783,000ish in the King James Bible according to the first source i found

then again, homestuck probably has more boilerplate, so who knows - i'd probably rank it as about the same volume of writing, even without the illustrations and suchlike
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168072 on: February 01, 2016, 06:55:05 pm »

Wait haha, Homestuck having more boilerplate than the Bible?
The Bible goes off on these *massive* genealogical tangents which take up entire pages.  And repeats things ad nauseum (and not in the meme way, somehow more so)

Like, it doesn't say "And then this happened."  It says "And then, is it not written in the books of the prophets, this happened by the grace of God?"  It is crufted to the extreme.

Wow, "crufted" is in Firefox's dictionary?  Didn't expect that.

Also a ton of Homestuck's content is in the form of silent images or interactive flash walkarounds.
She/they

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #168073 on: February 01, 2016, 06:59:06 pm »

the bible uses fairly elaborate phrasing and has lots of tangents, but that's very different from boilerplate like prefacing each line with usernames (or abbreviations therefor). some methodologies for homestuck word counts also count things like the "==>" symbol. i'm just trying to be fair here :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168074 on: February 01, 2016, 07:03:38 pm »

Ah, that kind of boilerplate.  Yes that's a fair point, if it's counted as words or letters in the count.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 11203 11204 [11205] 11206 11207 ... 13325