Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11093 11094 [11095] 11096 11097 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15923988 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #166410 on: December 20, 2015, 10:34:38 am »

Actually, do you all remember when those thieves stole millions of gallons of maple syrup? They crashed the tanker trucks into a treasury vault full of Canadian dollars; maple syrup got all over the bills, but their government figured that they were still good after the syrup dried and was chipped away.
This happened?
Whooooa.
Whats this about them using the money anyway? I only heard about the syrup theft part.

Aha, no, only in my most beauteous dreams. I was bullshitting an explanation for the maple-scented Canadian dollar bill using a real event as the basis for the story. The best lies, and all that jazz.

Though it certainly says something about the world that that sounded even remotely believable.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #166411 on: December 20, 2015, 12:27:58 pm »

Actually, it says more about Canada than it says about the rest of the world. :U

canada has the best stereotypes why can't denmark have such great stereotypes we're just beer-bellied vikings
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #166412 on: December 20, 2015, 12:35:06 pm »

Beer bellied vikings is better than being a country of obese, psychotic hillbillies/obscenely wealthy dickweeds. :V MURKHA.

Additionally, we too could have been vikings if Leif Erikson hadn't gone home again like a wuss.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:37:07 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #166413 on: December 20, 2015, 12:36:46 pm »

I once met a Danish girl who explained that apparently she's met people who think that "Denmark being a small country" = "Denmark is a backwater 3rd world country without computers or TV or anything." Strange stereotype. :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #166414 on: December 20, 2015, 12:38:59 pm »

That is indeed an interesting way of looking at it. I mean, by the standards of the US, most of europe are basically postage stamps, but y'all mostly seem to be a hell of a lot more advanced than us.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166415 on: December 20, 2015, 12:54:32 pm »

Managed to acquire 2 decent Christmas gifts for $20!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #166416 on: December 20, 2015, 02:38:08 pm »

That is indeed an interesting way of looking at it. I mean, by the standards of the US, most of europe are basically postage stamps, but y'all mostly seem to be a hell of a lot more advanced than us.
Might be because, not despite, that. Just look at the state of internet service - a large country has a much harder time getting the infrastructure to be top notch by current standards because there is just too damn much of it spread out on large swathes of land.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166417 on: December 20, 2015, 03:07:12 pm »

Yeah, the size of the US compared to Europe(and the relative scarcity of internet companies) means that building the new infrastructure to support ubiquitous internet is very expensive.

Also a lot of Europe has the same troubles, just not the big countries that America hears about like France, Britain, and Germany, I'm almost certain that Ukraine has the same issue, also according to Germans(on Reddit nonetheless), outside of a major urban center, it's a pain to get decent internet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #166418 on: December 20, 2015, 03:08:50 pm »

Belgium is urbanised to the point where basically all of Flanders is a suburb, so :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #166419 on: December 20, 2015, 03:17:27 pm »

Meanwhile in Finland it's a running gag how poorly the state-owned railway company handles the winter. Any time it snows, there are delays or even completely shut down lines. With her extremely low population density, Finland doesn't have the manpower to build and maintain the best infrastructure, but then again that same low population density lowers the demand for it.

It's funny how the same thing sometimes both causes and solves a problem.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166420 on: December 20, 2015, 05:50:06 pm »

New Star Wars is good movie!

Not that I had any expectations in the first place, but is still good.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166421 on: December 20, 2015, 06:46:11 pm »

I got to open half of my christmas loot today. Due to going to mother's tomorrow, I won't be around for Christmas-Thus I got to open them today.

Got some nice stuff! New headset, two new computer mice, etc. All in all, a solid gathering. Oh, and a kick-ass Doctor Who belt.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166422 on: December 20, 2015, 07:06:08 pm »

I got to open half of my christmas loot today. Due to going to mother's tomorrow, I won't be around for Christmas-Thus I got to open them today.

Got some nice stuff! New headset, two new computer mice, etc. All in all, a solid gathering. Oh, and a kick-ass Doctor Who belt.
Now you can use a mouse in hand for double the internets
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166423 on: December 20, 2015, 07:13:41 pm »

Apparently some people like to play FPS games with two mice. One for movement one for aiming and shooting. I guess you'd need one of those fancy mice with tons of buttons though.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166424 on: December 20, 2015, 07:14:24 pm »

Well, yes and no I think.  I think that each mouse button just... Exists as its own entry for poking things with.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 11093 11094 [11095] 11096 11097 ... 13327