Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11083 11084 [11085] 11086 11087 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760540 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #166260 on: December 15, 2015, 09:54:00 pm »

ThaDwarfyOne:
Jingle bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg. The Batmobile has lost a wheel, the Joker's got away, Hey!

Spoiler: Even better (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #166261 on: December 15, 2015, 10:05:34 pm »

Sadness is good, make strong character to defeat all the noobs

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166262 on: December 15, 2015, 10:34:03 pm »

I too am the happy.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #166264 on: December 16, 2015, 12:11:30 am »

i feel ok i guess
this is good! assuming you've been down recently, being okay is great go you! yay bouchart!

... @Above:
I'm confused but also happy!
assuming you're talking about the descan bit ive been quoting his "dude touch their butt" thing lmao not that they recognize who its from ofc however butt touching is universal

if it's the other stuff, to summarize both friends had been recently complaining about not having a gf and so i suggested they date each other and thus i am the best matchmaker lmao hooray! :v

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166265 on: December 16, 2015, 01:28:57 am »

I had a bizarre idea: In the hypothetical scenario where I am a teacher of a HS or Middleschool classroom, I'd like to place my students into a social experimemt. In it, I'd random pair up students into permanent study partners, and then make them responsible for eachother's performance on tests, but not their own. Meaning if students A and B are partners, on a graded test, A would be graded depending on how well B performs, and vice-versa. They study together, but take the testing alone, forcing them to place trust in eachother.

In the best case scenario, I'm thinking that since a students grades are completely at the mercy of their assigned study partner, it would incentivize them to be the best study partners they could possibly be. Even ordinarily lazy students would be more motivated due to the social pressure of not wanting to fail their peer. The ultimate goal being that students would learn better and retain more due to the idea that each student pair would be the tutor for eachother, and that teaching allows one to learn better than simply studying by one's self. Moreover, students would become socially healthier, friendlier, and more trusting.

Or I'm just wrong and the fact that children are shitty monsters would force the class's social structure to collapse and the intended partners would become bitter enemies instead. What would soon follow is not only everyone's grades plummeting, but everyone being at eachother's throats as well.

But I don't know what would happen, that's why it would be an experiment.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #166266 on: December 16, 2015, 01:53:49 am »

If you wanted to do something like that, you'd have to make sure you won't match the smart but loner kid with the lazy and popular one.

Or maybe you could have it as a sort of punishment, if two children are doing badly, you make both of them responsible for the others grades instead of making the entire class do it.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #166267 on: December 16, 2015, 02:23:50 am »

Have a bully team up with the kid they bully. Allow the bullied kid to have the opportunity to drag the bully into hell with them (shared grade via average score; one can do perfectly, and still get a 50% (thus failing) if the other one got a 0, or a pair of D-class students share a 60% score because they both suck (one gets a 50%, and the other a 70%) or are bad team players, and are equally responsible); that is, unless they're being bullied for being dumb, then that can backfire horribly; unless the kid was just demotivated from "acting smart" because of social pressures. I know how that feels, spent a few grades acting dumber than I actually was just to avoid social hassle (I became dumb because being smart is stupid, or some insane troll logic kids make up like that to remove intelligence (your average nerd/dork/geek) from their social circles) and needlessly extra homework (which kills motivation to begin with; that or I was just really lazy).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:27:40 am by Itnetlolor »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #166268 on: December 16, 2015, 02:28:05 am »

I think extra homework was always pretty dumb, in fact, extra work in general, I do like maths, guys, but if I finish early that does not mean I want more work!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #166269 on: December 16, 2015, 02:32:01 am »

I think extra homework was always pretty dumb, in fact, extra work in general, I do like maths, guys, but if I finish early that does not mean I want more work!
"But you're not motivated enough to work smart!"

Get these 100+ equations solved before tomorrow's home room class; and show ALL of your work. Let us know EXACTLY how you came to these conclusions. Having friends or interests outside the (extra-)curriculum is for ignorant unmotivated slackers that want to spend their lives growing fat, old, and lonely with no ambition for living a life they deserve.

EDIT:
Speaking of which. I hated the concept of extra-cirricular classes. Again, laziness. I was never interested in club activities or extra-cirricular classes, because they were nothing like the shows I watched as a kid, and they were a waste of time for me (mainly because, you guessed it, more homework; not to mention, I have a large family (8 kids, myself included), and I didn't want to inconvenience all my siblings and my parents at the time; in hindsight, it was probably for the best anyway for one reason or another.). I valued my time, and enjoyed it by playing games and watching cartoons, and enjoying life. Funny enough, getting homeschooled later on was a major blessing. I learned at a more comfortable pace, and wasn't socially pressured either. Ironically, I came back to highschool relatively smarter than my classmates in such a short time frame.

EDIT EDIT:
Another reason for hating extra-cirriculars was also the nagging feeling I had about becoming cripplingly over-specialized in a particular skill, or something. Like: book club, I know literature, know shit in maths, and vice versa. Computer club, I can program, but at the sacrifice of social stability, and vice-versa with pop culture/current events clubs and becoming an ignoramus that has no real practical skills. And so on. Not to mention, once you join a group, you're perma-marked into that clique, like choosing a political side; ambidexterity is a mortal sin, apparently. One or the other, no exceptions; or so the mindset lies. I'd rather be a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none, hermit-by-will (because I'm not a fan of people or being social since I was a common target for hassle/bullying anyway; and people became a waste of my time as well.); you know, a non-conforming individual.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:02:35 am by Itnetlolor »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #166270 on: December 16, 2015, 03:22:17 am »

There is snow. Much snow. Winter has come.

Also, I made it home safely despite the road conditions. Fuck yes winter tires
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:25:18 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #166271 on: December 16, 2015, 07:12:01 am »

No more sulphurous decay, everything preserved frozen and crispy

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166272 on: December 16, 2015, 08:32:53 am »

"But you're not motivated enough to work smart!"
Heh, I remember from elementary school some exercise where we had to write down all the multiples between one and one thousand of some small number in some special format. I went to my teacher to complain, telling him that this was just busywork and that he knew I was able to do that with ease - he in turn essentially told me 'Yeah, I know you can, but lots of the others can't - so you'll just have to bite the bullet.'

That struck me as a very good and reasonable answer.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #166273 on: December 16, 2015, 12:57:57 pm »

Done with finals! Woot-woot! Now all that's left is to grade this last bunch of papers and I'm free for the winter break! :D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166274 on: December 16, 2015, 01:40:21 pm »

CollegeHumor just referenced Dwarf Fortress. Kind of.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/76717/playing-video-games-beginning-vs-end
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 11083 11084 [11085] 11086 11087 ... 13325