Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11078 11079 [11080] 11081 11082 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15750408 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #166185 on: December 14, 2015, 01:03:47 pm »

Ginger ale + tea is even better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166186 on: December 14, 2015, 03:50:04 pm »

Hm. Snow. I'll probably not have school tomorrow, or at least have the buses delayed. Yay! :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #166187 on: December 14, 2015, 03:56:23 pm »

I don't really understand the concept of 'snow days'. Just how exactly does a bit of snow make education impossible? Isn't the teaching done inside the school, safe from the snow and the cold? Around here, schools won't close unless the doors can't physically be opened due to massed snow, and even then that's only for the 20 minutes or so it takes for a plow truck to arrive. And since teachers arrive at the very least half an hour before the school day, students never notice this.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166188 on: December 14, 2015, 03:57:30 pm »

I don't really understand the concept of 'snow days'. Just how exactly does a bit of snow make education impossible? Isn't the teaching done inside the school, safe from the snow and the cold? Around here, schools won't close unless the doors can't physically be opened due to massed snow, and even then that's only for the 20 minutes or so it takes for a plow truck to arrive. And since teachers arrive at the very least half an hour before the school day, students never notice this.
If there's enough people that won't be able to reasonably get there then it's not worth opening.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #166189 on: December 14, 2015, 03:58:39 pm »

That wrestling tournament I talked about earlier went down fine. Had one opponent in my weight category. Won. Cakeday tomorrow (for me, tomorrow will begin in 2 minuites). Gonna go to work and buy a cake for my colleagues.

EDIT: Also, it appears that I'm 5 kg lighter than in September of this year. Given I made zero changes in my lifestyle in that period, that was a surprise.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:06:55 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166190 on: December 14, 2015, 04:01:47 pm »

That wrestling tournament I talked about earlier went down fine. Had one opponent in my weight category. Won. Cakeday tomorrow (for me, tomorrow will begin in 2 minuites). Gonna go to work and buy a cake for my colleagues.
HAPPY CAKEDAY!!!!!!!!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #166191 on: December 14, 2015, 04:05:13 pm »

Yeah, snow hinders education by preventing people from getting to school. If your bus gets stuck on a hill or slides into a ditch, you're not going anywhere.
This is obviously far less of a problem in places where people are used and so prepared for snow, but in places where it doesn't snow (heavily) often enough, snow can seriously impede traffic.
In Belgium, snow days happen more often for employed adults than for students, thanks to our wonderful clusterfuck of a road network, especially around the capital.

Also, happy cakeday!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166192 on: December 14, 2015, 04:06:14 pm »

If there's enough people that won't be able to reasonably get there then it's not worth opening.
Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #166193 on: December 14, 2015, 04:08:39 pm »

HAPPY CAKEDAY!!!!!!!!
Someone find the picture.

edit: Found it

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:10:12 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166194 on: December 14, 2015, 04:14:01 pm »

Yeah, it's usually because of transportation. Also our school is poorly heated. :u
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #166195 on: December 14, 2015, 04:17:22 pm »

Spoiler: The Pic (click to show/hide)

I'M THE ONE WHO SHOVES THE CAKE.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #166196 on: December 14, 2015, 04:18:29 pm »

Plow trucks. Those things open roads reliably, and they're less expensive than to go all President Madagascar for a day.

Winter tires for school buses. A couple hundred Euro/dollar investment will last several years, depending on how much they're actually needed.

Schools built in residential areas to make it possible to just walk to school; no need for buses.

Education is worth too much to save money on. A bit of preparation and some investment, and snow days could be eliminated forever. Seriously, why allow an unavoidable weather effect impede progress?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166197 on: December 14, 2015, 04:19:13 pm »

Because it doesn't really do so, it just moves it back.

Also, because everyone LIKES snow days.
Sigtext

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166198 on: December 14, 2015, 04:19:59 pm »

Because it's Canada, and I live in a relatively medium-sized city. We've already got two bloody high schools and NB is already in super-debt. It's just not that simple.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166199 on: December 14, 2015, 04:32:03 pm »

Yeah, snow hinders education by preventing people from getting to school. If your bus gets stuck on a hill or slides into a ditch, you're not going anywhere.
This is obviously far less of a problem in places where people are used and so prepared for snow, but in places where it doesn't snow (heavily) often enough, snow can seriously impede traffic.
In Belgium, snow days happen more often for employed adults than for students, thanks to our wonderful clusterfuck of a road network, especially around the capital.

I'm a New Yorker but I went to college in North Carolina.  One winter in NC we had an inch or two or snow and the entire city shut down and they declared a state of emergency.  Two days off from college in weather that I wouldn't have though twice about in NY.

Pages: 1 ... 11078 11079 [11080] 11081 11082 ... 13325