Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11049 11050 [11051] 11052 11053 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757959 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #165750 on: December 01, 2015, 11:09:46 pm »

TBH I don't even care about whether that's the actual cause. Good riddance to that clickbaiting shithole.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #165751 on: December 01, 2015, 11:13:45 pm »

Guys, loving the update, but uh
HOW DO I STOP DANCING!? D:
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #165752 on: December 01, 2015, 11:21:47 pm »

YOU DON'T! I mean, why would you want to?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165753 on: December 01, 2015, 11:46:38 pm »

Guys, loving the update, but uh
HOW DO I STOP DANCING!? D:
I almost forgot how great the reactions to new versions can be.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #165754 on: December 02, 2015, 12:01:10 am »

Remember: WORSHIP!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #165755 on: December 02, 2015, 12:38:22 am »

>Boot up DF
>Two crash bugs in five minutes

Oh yeah, this is why I usually play the initial release for ten minutes and then wait for the bugfixes.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #165756 on: December 02, 2015, 01:02:50 am »

Had some fun playing Elite: Dangerous today. Racked up 500k in a couple of hours by hunting down pirates under contract. I think I much prefer this game's approach to "Take care lest you fuck yourself" than Darkest Dungeon's, largely because it sort of follows the Principle of Least Astonishment. Problems and unexpected shit can arise, but they don't do so because there's an arbitrary standard of difficulty tuned to veterans that must be enforced in order to ensure you're playing the game right. They generally do so because you were doing something risky.

on the other hand, i much prefer DD's mission structure in general

the realization that time limits in E:D are realtime, so if you switch off the game and go to sleep you'll fail all but the longest-term ones, was a harsh one
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #165757 on: December 02, 2015, 01:06:15 am »

>Boot up DF

Oh yeah, this is why I usually play the initial release for ten minutes and then wait for the bugfixes.
Mine seems pretty stable so far, although I'm playing fort mode and haven't really gotten into the new content yet.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165758 on: December 02, 2015, 01:08:21 am »

Had some fun playing Elite: Dangerous today. Racked up 500k in a couple of hours by hunting down pirates under contract. I think I much prefer this game's approach to "Take care lest you fuck yourself" than Darkest Dungeon's, largely because it sort of follows the Principle of Least Astonishment. Problems and unexpected shit can arise, but they don't do so because there's an arbitrary standard of difficulty tuned to veterans that must be enforced in order to ensure you're playing the game right. They generally do so because you were doing something risky.

on the other hand, i much prefer DD's mission structure in general

the realization that time limits in E:D are realtime, so if you switch off the game and go to sleep you'll fail all but the longest-term ones, was a harsh one
This all sounds pretty great, except possibly the last bit.
Are there good things that happen while the game is off, too?  Automated trade or investment payoffs or something?

Edit:  I'm enjoying Jessica Jones on Netflix.  I kinda thought it would be dumb.  Comic-book translated to live-action.  "Problematic" premise.

But I enjoyed Arrow, and the few episodes of Gotham I've seen, so I should have known better!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 01:10:49 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #165759 on: December 02, 2015, 01:13:54 am »

Basically, the reason it works that way is that it is secretly an MMO game, even if you're doing solo play. Allegedly, the economy and all that stuff runs in realtime in the background, and is shared across all players. The only thing that's different for solo players is that you don't get to interact directly with anybody else. More likely, though, the primary motivation is to give players an incentive to keep playing for long stretches and get invested in the game - make no mistake, while I quite like the game, its design gives every impression of being a Skinner box.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #165760 on: December 02, 2015, 01:20:47 am »

I have taken one broken PC and one useless PC and combined them (in a crafting grid obvs) to create one working PC. A god am I!

But seriously, that was easier than I thought.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165761 on: December 02, 2015, 01:27:38 am »

>Boot up DF

Mine seems pretty stable so far, although I'm playing fort mode and haven't really gotten into the new content yet.

Same mostly, and I'm running DF on my netbook, of all things. The new features are fun, and I feel like they give me something else to do, in Fort Mode at least. They're like mini-objectives, almost. I'm not as impressed with how performing is implemented in Adventure Mode, but I didn't play around with that nearly as much. I've currently got a cute little inn up and running, but not much else. I've been getting visitors telling me stuff about the outside world and I've got some instruments made already. Funnily enough, the big instruments I deployed as buildings don't seem to be getting played at all, and the wind instrument my civ has requires metal, which I don't have yet. A couple of the citizens are getting salty they don't have a temple, but who cares about them. If I'm making a temple, I'm doing it RIGHT. Masterfully engraved marble walls, one native gold statue near the altar with a bunch of marble ones too, maybe even encrusted with gems. Until I can trust my mason to consistently produce masterworks, I'm not letting him near my temple.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #165762 on: December 02, 2015, 01:35:20 am »

sorry did nobody notice the

descriptions
for reactions

and the

item descriptions

and

and

and

it's... so...

user-friendly

what is this game

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #165763 on: December 02, 2015, 01:56:00 am »

I haven't looked for myself, but sounds like the result of incredibly low expectations finally being met...
But I mean, the game is still amazing as a simulation.  (The UI just sucks, always has, hasn't been the priority yet)
She/they

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #165764 on: December 02, 2015, 02:22:35 am »

>Boot up DF

Same mostly, and I'm running DF on my netbook, of all things. The new features are fun, and I feel like they give me something else to do, in Fort Mode at least. They're like mini-objectives, almost. I'm not as impressed with how performing is implemented in Adventure Mode, but I didn't play around with that nearly as much. I've currently got a cute little inn up and running, but not much else. I've been getting visitors telling me stuff about the outside world and I've got some instruments made already. Funnily enough, the big instruments I deployed as buildings don't seem to be getting played at all, and the wind instrument my civ has requires metal, which I don't have yet. A couple of the citizens are getting salty they don't have a temple, but who cares about them. If I'm making a temple, I'm doing it RIGHT. Masterfully engraved marble walls, one native gold statue near the altar with a bunch of marble ones too, maybe even encrusted with gems. Until I can trust my mason to consistently produce masterworks, I'm not letting him near my temple.

I've only had one crash during world-gen so far. I haven't played fortress mode yet. I'm actually finding the performing pretty fun, it's kind of cool when you get a few people to join a performance troupe with you after reciting some poetry with them and then when you start dancing one of them dances with you while the other plays the music.
Pages: 1 ... 11049 11050 [11051] 11052 11053 ... 13325